PDA

View Full Version : When you think Freedom is Free...

jimnyc
03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
It really isn't. This picture is awesome!!

http://i.imgur.com/3Ic6M78.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2013, 02:11 PM
It really isn't. This picture is awesome!!

http://i.imgur.com/3Ic6M78.jpg

It is not free . Many have paid dearly so that we may be free.--Tyr

http://www.kingsacademy.com/mhodges/03_The-World-since-1900/07_World-War-Two/pictures/WIK_Essex-hit-by-Kamikaze.jpgUSS Essex is hit by Kamikaze - 25 November 1944
U.S. Naval Historical Center

aboutime
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
4697 Every American needs to be reminded, every day. Or they will lose it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
4697 Every American needs to be reminded, every day. Or they will lose it.

Current government policy is to convince them that its outdated and not needed . Just turn everything over to big government and live carefree in paradise.
The same false promise that every scam depends on!!
Too many have sacrificed blood and treasure for me to ever fall for that damn bullshit. In fact, have every damn intention to fight it myself.. even if I were the only one-- never back down....-Tyr

gabosaurus
03-17-2013, 05:22 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0nlXmYVE_X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Robert A Whit
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Current government policy is to convince them that its outdated and not needed . Just turn everything over to big government and live carefree in paradise.
The same false promise that every scam depends on!!
Too many have sacrificed blood and treasure for me to ever fall for that damn bullshit. In fact, have every damn intention to fight it myself.. even if I were the only one-- never back down....-Tyr

:clap::clap:Wild cheering. Well said Tyr. :clap::clap:

Robert A Whit
03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0nlXmYVE_X8" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Ah yes a song representing the US Government troops attacking and killing college students and this Gabby thinks represents her ideology?

This song was popular some 12 years before Gabby was conceived.

gabosaurus
03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Ah yes a song representing the US Government troops attacking and killing college students and this Gabby thinks represents her ideology?

This song was popular some 12 years before Gabby was conceived.

Once again, you are completely wrong about this. First of all, the U.S. military doesn't attack people on American soil. That is the National Guard.
The song "Find The Cost of Freedom" is both a tribute to American soldiers who have died defending our country and a commentary about how warfare had shortened the lives of many young men.

Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling from armageddon's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?

Do we find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground
Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground

jimnyc
03-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Once again, you are completely wrong about this. First of all, the U.S. military doesn't attack people on American soil. That is the National Guard.

Who controls the drones? Is that not military, and/or controlled by the President? Also, the Guard IS a reserve military.

Voted4Reagan
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/uss_arizona.jpg

gabosaurus
03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Also, the Guard IS a reserve military.

Point well taken. Thanks for that correction.

jimnyc
03-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Point well taken. Thanks for that correction.

You're welcome. Now send me some boobie shots or underwear shots and we'll call it even. :slap:

Robert A Whit
03-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Once again, you are completely wrong about this.
Once again? When do you claim I was wrong over something else? And at your whipper snapper age, who appointed you the wise one? I assure you that at your age, I was not arrogant and self centered and self serving as you present yourself to be. I took time and gained wisdom. But I have hope you also will do the same thing.

First of all, the U.S. military doesn't attack people on American soil. That is the National Guard.

Well, I figured you did understand that the National Guard is American military. We have more than one military. And of course they attacked students at Kent State and killed some of them. This song is claimed to have been written and sung for that event. But your own Mom probably was still a teeny bopper so would not teach you what actually did happen.

The song "Find The Cost of Freedom" is both a tribute to American soldiers who have died defending our country and a commentary about how warfare had shortened the lives of many young men.

Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling from armageddon's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?

Do we find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground
Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground

Wars spring up all sorts of songs. When the students at Kent State were killed by our military, anti war songs were common.

My uncle Gene who died in combat in Korea came out with a wonderful poem during WW II titled

I DID MY HITCH IN HELL

Mom had his poem with her other possessions and I expect my sister keeps that poem in family history. I don't recall the entire poem since at the time I was perhaps in 1st grade and did not commit it to memory.

Genes poem made the Oakland Tribune is what I recall.

Turks
03-19-2013, 07:12 AM
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."---Janis Joplin and Bobby McGee

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-19-2013, 09:39 AM
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."---Janis Joplin and Bobby McGee

Correction, that is a verse from the song , "Me and Bobby McGee" which Janis sang. The song was written by Kris Kristofferson. Her best song in my opinion and a favorite of mine.-Tyr

Turks
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Correction, that is a verse from the song , "Me and Bobby McGee" which Janis sang. The song was written by Kris Kristofferson. Her best song in my opinion and a favorite of mine.-Tyr

Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster, originally performed by Roger Miller.

gabosaurus
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Wars spring up all sorts of songs. When the students at Kent State were killed by our military, anti war songs were common.

My uncle Gene who died in combat in Korea came out with a wonderful poem during WW II titled

I DID MY HITCH IN HELL

Mom had his poem with her other possessions and I expect my sister keeps that poem in family history. I don't recall the entire poem since at the time I was perhaps in 1st grade and did not commit it to memory.

Genes poem made the Oakland Tribune is what I recall.

Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII. For different sides. Neither of them wrote any poems. Or anything else.
Though my maternal great aunt showed me a hat that my grandfather took off a Russian soldier after stabbing him to death with a bayonet. Still had dried blood on it.

Robert A Whit
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Both of my grandfathers fought in WWII. For different sides. Neither of them wrote any poems. Or anything else.
Though my maternal great aunt showed me a hat that my grandfather took off a Russian soldier after stabbing him to death with a bayonet. Still had dried blood on it.

It is a dim memory for me but I have related this story for long enough the memory is still there. The dim part is I don't recall the text. I was a child at the time and things impress children in a fashion that is hard to explain. That and it was an all out war. I saw war all around me due to being at one of the hubs of WWII. We in the SF Bay Area were reminded of war almost daily. We were so close to the Oakland Airport, one of the jumping off points of bombers and other planes that all we had to do to know of war was go outside and look up. I walked to the Oakland Airport as a child and was able to go up the ladders into the war planes. I was taken to see a Jap Zero fighter plane that was picked up in Alaska.

I looked up hitch in hell and found that this text was part of others poems. I come from a family of poets though not published unless this poem by Gene was his. I was told it was.

The Nazis were quite eager to serve Hitler.

Think of how a lot are eager to serve Obama.

Voted4Reagan
03-19-2013, 12:54 PM
well....if Gabby's Relative stabbed a Russian to death in the second world war... that means just one thing.

Gabbys family was a bunch of Nazis.

Would you like to know where Hitlers Grand-Nephews are living... they are right here on Long Island Gabby.

I love it.... Gabbys Family was a bunch of NAZIS!! Priceless!!

Now I see where your hated of religion comes from!

aboutime
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
This is great, comical stuff. Who'da thought Gabby would be dumb enough to brag about having a NAZI member as a Grandfather?

I SALUTE YOU GABBY......"Heil Stoooopidddd!"

Robert A Whit
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
This is great, comical stuff. Who'da thought Gabby would be dumb enough to brag about having a NAZI member as a Grandfather?

But you are not picking on Gabby for what her grandfather did i suppose?

Voted4Reagan
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM

well...The Russians were not fighting the Japanese. So she isnt Asian.

The Italians never faced the Red Army in Battle.

That leaves one last Axis Power.

GERMANY.

Gabby's Family were Nazi's.... by her own admission.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-19-2013, 09:39 PM
well....if Gabby's Relative stabbed a Russian to death in the second world war... that means just one thing.

Gabbys family was a bunch of Nazis.

Would you like to know where Hitlers Grand-Nephews are living... they are right here on Long Island Gabby.

I love it.... Gabbys Family was a bunch of NAZIS!! Priceless!!

Now I see where your hated of religion comes from!

Wir begrüßen unser Meister, der Führer.

signed Gabby's papaw...--;)

^^^ A joke . My maternal grandmother was half-german...-Tyr

aboutime
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Wir begrüßen unser Meister, der Führer.

signed Gabby's papaw...--;)

^^^ A joke . My maternal grandmother was half-german...-Tyr

Tyr. I can always tell when it's getting late. I don't know whether to laugh at gabby, or cry in sadness for the way she announced her family's past with Familiar Terms.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Tyr. I can always tell when it's getting late. I don't know whether to laugh at gabby, or cry in sadness for the way she announced her family's past with Familiar Terms.

One has to take Gabby with a large grain of salt my friend. She truly has two personalities she displays here and I think its not a trick played by her. She really seems to be two people. I even like one of them...
sshh don't tell her , she has me on ignore.-:laugh:--Tyr

aboutime
03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
One has to take Gabby with a large grain of salt my friend. She truly has two personalities she displays here and I think its not a trick played by her. She really seems to be two people. I even like one of them...
sshh don't tell her , she has me on ignore.-:laugh:--Tyr

Tyr. Now I understand what the problem is.

I am on a SALT FREE diet. So any size grain of salt...like that coming from gabby...is like rubbing SALT in a wound.

Problem SOLVED!!!!

Thank you.