PDA

View Full Version : Member's sig lines

gabosaurus
03-18-2013, 09:39 PM
If you are going to use a quote in your signature, at least attribute and quote it correctly.
Which brings me to aboutime.

Two things:
Gobbles is the name of the turkey. Joseph Goebbels was the Nazi minister of propaganda.
And his correct quote is:

“If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. ”

I prefer this one:

“Man is and remains an animal.Here a beast of prey, there a housepet, but always an animal.”

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/281832.Joseph_Goebbels

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2013, 09:46 PM
If you are going to use a quote in your signature, at least attribute and quote it correctly.

Two things:
Gobbles is the name of the turkey. Joseph Goebbels was the Nazi minister of propaganda.

I prefer this one:

“Man is and remains an animal.Here a beast of prey, there a housepet, but always an animal.”

This made me think of you Gabby.
"I have never met a woman who, deep down in her core, really believes she has great legs. And if she suspects that she might have great legs, then she's convinced that she has a shrill voice and no neck." author unknown

Gabby here is predicting that you do not have great legs but a shrill voice is a damn sure bet. ;)--Tyr

logroller
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM

Two things:

I prefer this one:

Ironic misquote really. Doubtfully was the irony intended. More likely its testament to that which he aspires, yet routinely falls short with his repetitious drivel.
As far as nazi quotes go, I like Rommel's "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both."

tailfins
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Talking about sig lines: How useful are you to your husband?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Ironic misquote really. Doubtfully was the irony intended. More likely its testament to that which he aspires, yet routinely falls short with his repetitious drivel.
As far as nazi quotes go, I like Rommel's "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both."

Log , this my favorite quote about a Nazi. The Injun' in me just takes a particular liking to it..;)--Tyr

Lt. Aldo Raine (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/): That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'.

jimnyc
03-19-2013, 11:11 AM
The actual name of a turkey is "gobbles"? That's awesome! :coffee:

gabosaurus
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
The actual name of a turkey is "gobbles"? That's awesome! :coffee:

I believe one of the pardoned turkeys during the Bush administration was named Gobbles.
Don't know if he advised Dubya on propaganda or not. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I believe one of the pardoned turkeys during the Bush administration was named Gobbles.
Don't know if he advised Dubya on propaganda or not. :rolleyes:

Oh, it was Bush? Of course it was all lies and they fried the little bastard for dinner then! :lol:

gabosaurus
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Oh, it was Bush? Of course it was all lies and they fried the little bastard for dinner then! :lol:

Well, it was better than Cheney's turkey. Which was pardoned after Cheney shot three other hunters instead of the turkey. :rolleyes:

KitchenKitten99
03-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, it was better than Cheney's turkey. Which was pardoned after Cheney shot three other hunters instead of the turkey. :rolleyes:

I'd rather go hunting with Cheney than work for a US government agency in the Middle East. Or on the Mexican border...