PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Warren: Hey, why isn’t the minimum wage $22/hour?

red states rule
03-19-2013, 04:04 AM
With libs like this in power the US economy is really screwed. Why not make the minimum wage $50/hr or $75/hr? Lets really show our compassion to the working "poor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABM0_L_5vLw&feature=player_embedded

Turks
03-19-2013, 07:02 AM
With libs like this in power the US economy is really screwed. Why not make the minimum wage $50/hr or $75/hr? Lets really show our compassion to the working "poor"

I always say, "take it from the source".

aboutime
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Warren is a known, proven, documented, verifiable IDIOT.

Anyone who disagree's with that statement. Please feel free to prove otherwise.

Robert A Whit
03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Look, Democrats are deluded boobs.

There can be no mistake in that. But to say they are stupid?

Really?

Warren taught law. She taught at a so called liberal strong hold. She had to be left wing to make it in MA.

Many lawyers are republicans. Some lawyers are democrats.

Warren once was a republican. But she also once was married to a man whose last name is Warren. She married a man named Mann but for some odd reason keeps the last name of a former husband.
That tells you something about the woman.

I take her question seriously. Why $22 per hour. Why not the $75 spoken of in the OP?

She spoke of increased human production. She confuses machine production and calls it human production.

Let me explain.

I owned a machine shop. I had machine tools that were electric driven but man did not crank the machine to do the work other than say on a drill machine or the milling machine. The lathes had a screw running down the length of the machine that took the tools back towards the headstock and the movement cut off metal. Think of it as a tool to carry a knife and as the knife moves, metal is peeled off. My point is not my tools. I had at all times at least 4 machinists and I assure you the lathe moved the same speed for all of them but for some odd reason that I studied at the time, one man produced more parts per hour than some other man. So, same machine and different production. But today the machines operate by computer direction and computers work at a steady speed no matter what man oversees them. Machines increase production. Men may or may not be a factor in speed. Warren would have us paying the man taking out the trash the same as the man dealing with your drugs at the register. Makes no sense to me.

She does not understand economics. I submit she does understand law but her economics lacks.

red states rule
03-20-2013, 03:09 AM
and here is that economic genius Eric Dyson on DNCTV supporting a $22'hr minimum wage. Once again, liberal polices would destroy the lives of the people they claim to want to help

<iframe width="500" height="281" title="MRC TV video player" align="middle" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/120491" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>