PDA

View Full Version : Phoney Rand Paul Party Predictably Ends

taft2012
03-20-2013, 06:50 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rand-paul-pitches-pathway-undocumented-immigrants/story?id=18764277

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky today endorsed a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, adding his voice to the debate as separate groups on Capitol Hill search for a way forward on the thorny political issue and beginning "a dialogue between the GOP and Latinos."

Rand Paul embracing the notion of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Now cue the pothead conservatives, who will defend the notion of amnesty for illegal aliens to their last potsmoked breath. Because for these faux libertarians, all issues revolve around, and take a backseat to, the legalization of marijuana.

Who among them will step forward here to criticize Paul?

Contempt for our laws. Our immigration laws. Our marijuana laws. Nothing conservative about it.

fj1200
03-20-2013, 07:42 AM
The only thing I'll add is that you sure do know phony don't ya? :slap:

Turks
03-20-2013, 08:33 AM
:weirdthread:

fj1200
03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
^Pothead conservative. :poke:

cadet
03-20-2013, 10:51 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rand-paul-pitches-pathway-undocumented-immigrants/story?id=18764277

Rand Paul embracing the notion of amnesty for illegal aliens.

Now cue the pothead conservatives, who will defend the notion of amnesty for illegal aliens to their last potsmoked breath. Because for these faux libertarians, all issues revolve around, and take a backseat to, the legalization of marijuana.

Who among them will step forward here to criticize Paul?

Contempt for our laws. Our immigration laws. Our marijuana laws. Nothing conservative about it.

I agree that we should kick all the f***ers out. And I think it's stupid of him to consider it.
(difference between right and left, right doesn't blindly follow)

BUT, I also think taft is a little obsessed with pot. Here he goes, using reverse psychology again. :rolleyes:

cadet
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Hold up, I didn't read the article first.

Under his framework, undocumented immigrants who earn legal status would be permitted eventually to apply for citizenship, as long as they are in the back of the line of people seeking permanent residency and citizenship in the United States.

So he's talking about a road to citizenship? Isn't that what we've been fighting for, against amnesty? So that they can pay their own damn taxes?

The issue is that they don't WANT citizenship, they get too many perks being illegal. Cut the perks and force them to apply or gtfo!

tailfins
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Hold up, I didn't read the article first.

So he's talking about a road to citizenship? Isn't that what we've been fighting for, against amnesty? So that they can pay their own damn taxes?

The issue is that they don't WANT citizenship, they get too many perks being illegal. Cut the perks and force them to apply or gtfo!

If Republicans make citizenship happen, they are engineering their own long term defeat.

jimnyc
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Because for these faux libertarians, all issues revolve around, and take a backseat to, the legalization of marijuana.

So the primary agenda of the libertarian party is legalization of marijuana?

cadet
03-20-2013, 12:57 PM
If Republicans make citizenship happen, they are engineering their own long term defeat.

Free amnesty yeah. But if we give the choice of apply for citizenship or get out...
The issue right now is that they're screwing us and then not paying for what they use. We just have to make it so they're forced to pay for what they use.
Anyone against LEGAL immigration is an idiot. But honestly, we need to start deporting.

cadet
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM

Totally, has nothing to do with the gov't pulling back their power CONSIDERABLY. :rolleyes:

We're just all a bunch of stoners who are secretly so far on the right of the scale that we went right around and popped back up on the left. (according to him)

Like all liberal potheads, I want me some drugs. And me some freedoms. Oh, don't forget the SUPER libertarian view of small to almost non-existent gov't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9tn_r4

Little-Acorn
03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky today endorsed a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants,

Let me get this straight.

We offer citizenship to people who have violated U.S. immigration law, BECAUSE they violated that law...

...while refusing it to people who followed the law, applied for a green card, filled out all the required forms,
and have been waiting patiently in their home countries for ten or more years?

Mr. Rand Paul, I thought your job was to SUPPORT the law, not encourage people to break it and reward them when they do?

Robert A Whit
03-20-2013, 05:00 PM

So, how do you solve the illegal alien problem?

I am not giving a solution but am asking how we deal with this.

For instance, if you ban them from ever being citizens, do you send out our cops and roust them from where they are and haul them over the border and ban them for life of ever doing the things to become citizens of the USA?

Democrats use these people as semi citizens today. By catering to illegals, they pick up votes and now we end up with Obama There are more like him. Believe this, Obama is but the first of a line of these creeps.

03-20-2013, 06:47 PM
The media must be seriously afraid of Rand Paul if they have to completely misrepresent his position like this.

I was just listening to Rand's budget plans. So beautiful to listen to. I seriously like this guy.

aboutime
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
The media must be seriously afraid of Rand Paul if they have to completely misrepresent his position like this.

I was just listening to Rand's budget plans. So beautiful to listen to. I seriously like this guy.

avatar. People need to first READ, then Understand, or Comprehend what they have read. Prior to knowing the CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.
How easily the MSM, and others twist, spin, and torque everything out of shape to meet their standards. Which..they do not know.

red states rule
03-21-2013, 03:36 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg031913dAPR20130320024514.jpg

taft2012
03-21-2013, 05:10 AM

No.

As I have said already ... I'm not speaking about genuine libertarians, who compromise a fraction of a percentage of today's movement. When Ron Paul first ran for president in 1988 he got less than one half of 1% of the vote. Today's current influx to his movement represents liberals moving in. These liberals are marijuana legalizers who see an opportunity to flank conservatives on both the left and the right on this issue. It's a rather clever ploy that has a lot of conservatives fooled.

These liberals will bloviate that they are for "reducing the size of government." However, in advocating the legalization of marijuana they are advocating a position that will cause welfare rolls to skyrocket.

"Well, we're against the welfare state too!"

Yeah, sure you are. If that's truly the case, eliminate the welfare state first and then come back and we can talk about marijuana legalization.

That's something they don't want to hear.

fj1200
03-21-2013, 07:00 AM
No.

As I have said already ... but I reserve the right to misidentify at my leisure...

;)

cadet
03-21-2013, 07:09 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg031913dAPR20130320024514.jpg

One thing I'd like to say. We already have and have always had path's to citizenship. The issue is not that it's hard. The issue is that they get so much more for being illegal.
Hell, if I could work tax free, have food and medical care given to me, I wouldn't give that up to be a citizen. Especially if it wasn't screwing my home country!

Robert A Whit
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
While I can't make a good case that MJ is awesome for you, I can't make a good case that I should be the person in charge of you using that drug or not. If I can't make that decision for you, I do not accept that other humans have the right to what you do to your body.

It is not drugs that I approve ... it is human freedom. So long as force or harm is not done TO the smoker, let the smoker or user alone.

If this drug is legal, the criminals can't profit. At least not nearly so much. Hell, one can then grow it in their own yard so why pay for it?

Don wanted to buy a home I had listed. Don wanted to put his house up for sale. I looked at the house and I swear, this was a dream 2 bedroom home. The wife was awesome at turning a small house into something very good.

Don also grew pot. Don smoked it. His wife did not. She did not even want Don to smoke it.

I took the office with me to show them the home. The pot was down in the corner part of this fairly large lot that fan down slope behind the house. The home had a deck that had a very nice view. One or more agents spotted the pot plants. I tried to pass them off as tomato plants. But these guys knew pot when they saw it even from that far away.

Don sold pot. Don used the money to buy his mother in law a new car and have pot for himself.

But for the pot laws, Don could not have sold it for much. People wanting pot would grow their own if they had land.

Look at the price of tomatoes or carrots. Pot would be as cheap. Some phobia keeps people wanting to be in charge of other people's lives.

My question to those ...

Why the hell do you insist on taking over other humans bodies and lives that way?

What is in it for you?

Why do you care if they rot their brains out using pot?

I think it does hurt the brain but that is not my brain. It belongs to them.