PDA

View Full Version : Zippers And You Poor Male Wienies

Kathianne
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51248766/ns/health-mens_health/t/zip-related-genital-injuries-send-thousands-men-er-each-year/#.UUmgNVs4XcQ

'Zip-related genital injuries' send 1,700 men to ER each year
By Brian Alexander NBC News

updated <abbr style="display: inline;" class="dtstamp updated" title="2013-03-19T22:17:25">3/19/2013 6:17:25 PM ET</abbr>

I thought it was just me. But according to a study published this month in the British Journal of Urology International by a University of California San Francisco urology resident named Herman Singh Bagga, an estimated 17,616 people wound up in U.S. emergency rooms between 2002 and 2012 because they caught their genitals, almost always penises, in zippers.

If you’re giggling right now, you’ve never done it.
And you’ve probably done it. Zipper injuries are the single most common cause of penile injury in adult men reporting to emergency rooms, Bagga explained in an interview, followed by bicycles. (In small boys, the most common cause of penile injury is a toilet seat slamming down when the child is urinating – “you’d be surprised how many little boys rest their penises on the rim,” Bagga said -- followed by zippers.)

OK, so it’s a little funny in a Three Stooges kind of way, but a careless zip of the pants can be serious. While permanent damage is rare, Bagga said, zipper entrapment has led to surgical intervention such as undesired circumcision. A more common consequence is infection.

cadet
03-20-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't want to think about it.
Oh god. :scared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzRuKnb2uuY

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 08:28 PM
That happened to my brother.....

it was pretty funny (not for him of course) ...and i tease him to this day about it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2013, 08:32 PM
That happened to my brother.....

it was pretty funny (not for him of course) ...and i tease him to this day about it.

Happened to two of my brothers, one was about 6 years old and the other was about 10 when it happened. Both stated that it was very painful. However no permanent damage was done.

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Happened to two of my brothers, one was about 6 years old and the other was about 10 when it happened. Both stated that it was very painful. However no permanent damage was done.

he was 14.... and still has the scar. (or so he tell me)

i have to admit, it is fun to tease him about it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2013, 08:40 PM

My older brother was ten when it happened to him he is 64 now and I still tease him about it.
Damn sure still irks him too!!--:laugh:

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM
My older brother was ten when it happened to him he is 64 now and I still tease him about it.
Damn sure still irks him too!!--:laugh:

:laugh:

some things you can never live down.

cadet
03-20-2013, 08:44 PM

I now feel like you're the worst kind of person alive...

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 08:49 PM
I now feel like you're the worst kind of person alive...

i could have left him zipped up ya know..... :laugh:

Drummond
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
... Gives a whole new meaning to the cry, ... 'Yeee, Haaarrgh !!!!' .....

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 09:02 PM
... Gives a whole new meaning to the cry, ... 'Yeee, Haaarrgh !!!!' .....

it gets better when alcohol is applied to clean the wound.......

aboutime
03-20-2013, 09:10 PM
4725 Only one thing worse for a male is, having a catheter placed there. Not bad...until it is removed, then
peeing one drop at a time...feels like razor blades.
Laugh if you want. But that is our equal to females having a baby...much like taking their Lower Lip, and pulling it Up, over their head.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2013, 09:29 PM
it gets better when alcohol is applied to clean the wound.......

Even worse is applying turpentine. Both my brothers had turpentine applied. The burn is about ten times worse with turpentine..:laugh2:

Syrenn
03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Even worse is applying turpentine. Both my brothers had turpentine applied. The burn is about ten times worse with turpentine..:laugh2:

OMG.... why did they clean it with....*blanch*... turpentine?

Robert A Whit
03-20-2013, 10:27 PM
This topic is not for me. ROFLMAO

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-20-2013, 10:34 PM
OMG.... why did they clean it with....*blanch*... turpentine?

My mother was a big believer in using turpentine instead of alcohol. And after all those years she was proven right it was a better for speeding the healing of cuts with much less infections arising. Drawback was it burned like crazy. I've had it poured on countless scrapes and cuts myself as a child. It was better..