PDA

View Full Version : Theaters Issue Tattle Device to Moviegoers

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Theaters Issue Tattle Device to Moviegoers
Tue May 29, 2007 10:02PM EDT

We rarely go to the release of a new movie anymore mainly because of other rude moviegoers. It's impossible to enjoy a movie in a room full of people talking on their cell phones, each other, or screaming at their children. I even witnessed a violent screaming match in one movie theater that left me fearing for everyone's safety. Not a pleasant experience.

One movie theater is empowering preferred customers with tools that would summon security guards in the case of any disturbance or movie malfunctions. According to USA Today, Regal Entertainment Group is equipping loyal moviegoers with the new Regal Guest Response System in 114 theaters nationwide. The small remote control has four buttons to report disturbances, sound, piracy, and picture malfunctions anonymously. Pressing the button would alert a manager faster, and people don't have to worry about being confronted later by an angry customer. Sounds like a great idea to me, one that I hope they eventually implement in every seat.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/13140

darin
05-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Pretty soon people will report others with 'offensive' clothing and what-not. :( It'll get out of hand.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
I can see its usefulness in certain urban areas.

dan
05-31-2007, 12:51 PM
I can see its usefulness, but I agree with dmp, it'll get out of hand.

Mr. P
05-31-2007, 12:57 PM
I can't tell you when the last time was that I went to a movie...so my opinion may not count for much, but I think it's a great idea.

theHawk
05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Screw the tattle device, just handout shotguns with salt pellets.

Mr. P
05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Screw the tattle device, just handout shotguns with salt pellets.

:laugh2:

I've heard of places installing electronics that block cell signals. That works I understand, but it's probably more expensive.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 02:19 PM
:laugh2:

I've heard of places installing electronics that block cell signals. That works I understand, but it's probably more expensive.

Many upscale restaurants are doing this now, to stop those obnoxious cell phone conversations at the table.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I like this idea, but it will get out of hand. People will get reported just because they might irratate someone by their presence or because they dont like someone.

On the other hand I see where it could be useful if people are talking, making a mess or getting it on you can instantly have someone in there to stop it.