PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Fences

Jeff
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM
I have to say I had my doubts but my wife bought a wireless fence and set it up ( I didn't believe it would work so I was in no hurry to even try it ) well we put the collar on the dog last night and she set it for around a half acre ( you can adjust them I think it was up to like a acre ) well I just took the dog out she went to take off running and froze a couple feet from the flags , ( yesterday I let her out and she took off and I didn't see her again till last night ) seems just before it zaps them the collar gives off a beep the dog hears and they know not to go no further , I must mention the dog is a pit and still a puppy so she is very playful ( it is my wife's dog she only listens to her , when she listens lol and not a good quality dog at all ) My wife bought me a Bully ( a very large Pit) for Valentines day she is beautiful ,and at 3 1/2 months old she has all ready learned to stay at my side , but back to the fence , if anyone ever thought of buying one they work and work well, we took the dog out last night for training ( all of about 1/2 hour ) she got zapped one time and that's it, so if ya want to contain your pets and still have people think they are lose or just dont want to spend the money on a fence this product seems to work great

jimnyc
03-21-2013, 12:06 PM
TTIWWP!!

Give us some pics of the little girl!!

jimnyc
03-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Here is a pic I saved with Jeff's newest Pup...

http://i48.tinypic.com/j0dus5.jpg

SassyLady
03-23-2013, 01:13 AM
We have two acres and wanted to make it safe for our dogs and we put in a wireless fence. Worked well when the dogs were just out moseying around. However, if one of them decided to chase something down the driveway they would blow past the fence in their haste and then get stuck on the other side after they had calmed down.

Also, we had a large dog, a medium dog and a small dog. Couldn't set it too high for the little one, and it wasn't strong enough to keep the larger one contained if he truly wanted to "get to something", i.e., female in heat.

It worked most of the time but wasn't fool proof.

I did know someone that installed one inside their house across the threshold of the rooms they didn't want the animals (dog and cat) to go in.

Good luck!

Jeff
03-24-2013, 06:32 AM
We have two acres and wanted to make it safe for our dogs and we put in a wireless fence. Worked well when the dogs were just out moseying around. However, if one of them decided to chase something down the driveway they would blow past the fence in their haste and then get stuck on the other side after they had calmed down.

Also, we had a large dog, a medium dog and a small dog. Couldn't set it too high for the little one, and it wasn't strong enough to keep the larger one contained if he truly wanted to "get to something", i.e., female in heat.

It worked most of the time but wasn't fool proof.

I did know someone that installed one inside their house across the threshold of the rooms they didn't want the animals (dog and cat) to go in.

Good luck!

Sassy so far so good I have a run of the mill pit ( she is wearing the collar now ) a rott pit mix and a Bully , the Bully is a puppy and she is learning to stay at my side so hopefully she will be trained well enough the other two we picked up while I was still on the road so I didn't have the time to work with them and they are both crazy at times but so far the wireless fence has kept the pit in , she races up the hill and then freezes as soon as she hears the beep , I sure hope it keeps working that well . In the county I live in there are no leash laws so people let there dogs run free ( and yes when my dogs take off I have been guilty of this also ) but it isn't fair for them to be making a mess on the neighbors land and they have drug home benches from picnic tables ( they where no good so I am sure they pulled them out of the woods ) and that's not fair to anyone let alone it isn't safe to let them run but honestly I have just under four acres here so to fence it all off with cyclone fence ( to keep them in ) would just be to costly so keep your fingers crossed hopefully this will work