PDA

View Full Version : Idiot military

gabosaurus
03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Training exercises should prepare our soldiers to kill others. They shouldn't kill the soldiers being trained.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-usa-nevada-explosion-idUSBRE92I0FB20130319

darin
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Training exercises should prepare our soldiers to kill others. They shouldn't kill the soldiers being trained.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-usa-nevada-explosion-idUSBRE92I0FB20130319

Who was the idiot, Gabby? The proper training techniques being followed, or the manufacturer? Where's the idiocy except behind your keyboard?

jimnyc
03-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Who was the idiot, Gabby? The proper training techniques being followed, or the manufacturer? Where's the idiocy except behind your keyboard?

Based on other threads, someone is an "idiot" when they do something improper. What was done improperly, is what I would ask her. Outside of someone taking a cheap jab at dead Marines that is.

gabosaurus
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM

That is exactly the question -- who is the idiot?
If a police or civilian company had a training exercise where seven people got killed, blame would be flying all over the place. Law suits would be filed and criticism would be abundant.
But because this is a military training exercise, everything will be excused and swept under the rug.

If there can be "idiot cops," and "idiot civilians," there can certainly be "idiot military."
Just read this board. :p

darin
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
That is exactly the question -- who is the idiot?
If a police or civilian company had a training exercise where seven people got killed, blame would be flying all over the place. Law suits would be filed and criticism would be abundant.
But because this is a military training exercise, everything will be excused and swept under the rug.

If there can be "idiot cops," and "idiot civilians," there can certainly be "idiot military."
Just read this board. :p

Bullshit. And you know it. In my idiot cop thread we have photographic proof of two cops endangering the public they are sworn to protect. In your story, we have a piece of equipment failure leading to the deaths of people far better than you.

Voted4Reagan
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
as i always say and Gabby should realize.....

HOW MANY SOLDIERS HAVE DIED TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO SAY STUPID THINGS?

DragonStryk72
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/19/us-usa-nevada-explosion-idUSBRE92I0FB20130319 While that is bad, Gabs, the thing youre paying no attention to is that they were training, a live-fire training exercise, but that comes with the problem that it is inherently dangeorus, but necessary as well.

You can't just have soldier play lazer tag and call it a day. They have to get used to the feel of the weapon, its particular sound kick when it discharges. You'll never get that in truth, without taking the chance on a live-fire training exercise. It's like training someone to drive without ever putting them in the driver's seat, it's just not possible.

Abbey Marie
03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
While that is bad, Gabs, the thing youre paying no attention to is that they were training, a live-fire training exercise, but that comes with the problem that it is inherently dangeorus, but necessary as well.

You can't just have soldier play lazer tag and call it a day. They have to get used to the feel of the weapon, its particular sound kick when it discharges. You'll never get that in truth, without taking the chance on a live-fire training exercise. It's like training someone to drive without ever putting them in the driver's seat, it's just not possible.

If not, they might put the scope on backwards. ;)

aboutime
03-21-2013, 05:48 PM

Gabby. Does it hurt much when you talk out of your butt? Or, did you learn to talk anally and enjoy the pain? 4730