PDA

View Full Version : Hear our humble prayer

jimnyc
03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aUetS6f.jpg

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated; for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful. ~by Albert Schweitzer

Abbey Marie
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Amen to that :clap:

Noir
03-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Don't say, don't pray, just do, and be the difference. Go vegan.

That's my sales pitch anyways =p

Voted4Reagan
03-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Don't say, don't pray, just do, and be the difference. Go vegan.

That's my sales pitch anyways =p

Noir... Why do you feel you have to chime in on every religious thread and put forward the Atheist Religion?

why dude?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aUetS6f.jpg

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially for animals who are suffering; for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated; for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put death. We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity, and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words. Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals, and so to share the blessings of the merciful. ~by Albert Schweitzer

Pets are to be loved and protected. Wild game is meant to be eaten. Animal rights people irk me all to hell when they try to apply those rights to wild game. I am not ever going to be a cow, eating plants only, as my friend once suggested...
I told him, feel free to graze in the pasture while I shoot any deer you may stir up! Cause that venison is mighty tasty! :laugh:
He didn't really appreciate the humor of it.... all my brothers laughed about it for many months afterwards whenever he was at one of our get togethers. Guy knew I always spoke my mind regardless of who I spoke to or about... -Tyr

Noir
03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Noir... Why do you feel you have to chime in on every religious thread and put forward the Atheist Religion?

why dude?

I would of thought this more of an animals rights thread than a religious thread.

Though really of course its just a wee jovial/non-srs thread which was why i quipped in with a jovial /non-srs 'pitch'.

And anyways I only post in threads where i think you will ready my posts (: