PDA

View Full Version : Christian Lesbians are A-OK with God and Jesus!

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 03:40 PM
As we all know, the anti-gay crowd loves to quote a handful of Biblical verses about the sinfulness and abomination of homosexuality.

But guess what? Each and every one of those verses applies to.....MEN!

That's right, ladies. The Bible says absolutely nothing about lesbian behavior. So go ahead and enjoy those carpets with righteous pleasure. Even the early Christians knew that their faithful menfolk needed something fun to watch.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

theHawk
05-31-2007, 03:57 PM
What are you a 9 year old? You're just finding this out?

darin
05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Moved to Lounge

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
What are you a 9 year old? You're just finding this out?

What are you a 6 year old? You haven't figured out how ridiculous it is to say that it's evil for men to do it but not for women?

darin
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
What are you a 6 year old? You haven't figured out how ridiculous it is to say that it's evil for men to do it but not for women?

The bible doesn't say "its okay for women - just not men."

I ALMOST moved this thread to the Humor section because I thought you MUST be joking around.

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
The bible doesn't say "its okay for women - just not men."

I ALMOST moved this thread to the Humor section because I thought you MUST be joking around.

But if it were truly so evil, don't you think that God would have felt it necessary to be explicit that both men and women were forbidden from doing this? Seems like a major theological hole here (pun intended).

darin
05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
But if it were truly so evil, don't you think that God would have felt it necessary to be explicit that both men and women were forbidden from doing this? Seems like a major theological hole here (pun intended).

God's pretty clear, ya know? Homosexuality is spoken about quite often - without regard to gender. :)

Guernicaa
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Two lesbians are the least equipped when it comes to have sex.
Without the billion dollar sex toy industry of rubber dildos lesbians would be relying on broom handles and whatever creative inventions they came up with.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 05:35 PM
God's pretty clear, ya know? Homosexuality is spoken about quite often - without regard to gender. :)

That's exactly right d. That was pointed out to me before, that the term "homosexuality" refers to BOTH men AND women. So yes, what the Bible say's about homosexuality pertains every bit as much to women as it does men.

Discussion over... Next?

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote me ANY passage that does not mention men.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Your argument has already been blown out of the water... so what's your point?

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Your argument has already been blown out of the water...

Only in your fucked-up version of reality. Neither you nor DMP have proven squat as yet.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Only in your fucked-up version of reality. Neither you nor DMP have proven squat as yet.

Was I being nasty? No. Why are you being nasty? Get a grip, and continue in a civil manner.

You initially said the Bible made no reference to women. We proved you wrong. Now you want to throw a fit?

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 06:22 PM
That's exactly right d. That was pointed out to me before, that the term "homosexuality" refers to BOTH men AND women. So yes, what the Bible say's about homosexuality pertains every bit as much to women as it does men.

Discussion over... Next?

Well then, let the sin begin!!!!!!! :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Well then, let the sin begin!!!!!!! :laugh2:

We got plenty of it here in Nevada.

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Was I being nasty? No. Why are you being nasty? Get a grip, and continue in a civil manner.

You initially said the Bible made no reference to women. We proved you wrong. Now you want to throw a fit?

1. I never said that the Bible made no reference to women. I only said that the Bible made no reference to homosexual behavior between women.

2. Quote me any verse that DOES make a reference described in (1). Unless and until you do, you haven't proved me wrong. Don't just declare victory and pretend you achieved it.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
1. I never said that the Bible made no reference to women. I only said that the Bible made no reference to homosexual behavior between women.

2. Quote me any verse that DOES make a reference described in (1). Unless and until you do, you haven't proved me wrong. Don't just declare victory and pretend you achieved it.

typo, when the Bible refers to homosexuality, it is refering to BOTH men and women....

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7606/homole3.jpg

... so for you to continue this argument that is doesn't refer to women isn't valid.

Missileman
05-31-2007, 07:18 PM
typo, when the Bible refers to homosexuality, it is refering to BOTH men and women....

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7606/homole3.jpg

... so for you to continue this argument that is doesn't refer to women isn't valid.

Now all you need to do is quote the word "homosexual" from the bible to prove your argument.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Now all you need to do is quote the word "homosexual" from the bible to prove your argument.

I guess not it's time to play games with words huh?

Q. What is homosexuality?

Homosexuality is the manifestation of sexual desire toward a member of one's own sex or the erotic activity with a member of the same sex. (The Greek word homos means the same). A lesbian is a female homosexual. More recently the term "gay" has come into popular use to refer to both sexes who are homosexuals.

----------

Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.

In the Bible sodomy is a synonym for homosexuality. God spoke plainly on the matter when He said, "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel" (Deuteronomy 23:17). The whore and the sodomite are in the same category. A sodomite was not an inhabitant of Sodom nor a descendant of an inhabitant of Sodom, but a man who had given himself to homosexuality, the perverted and unnatural vice for which Sodom was known. Let us look at the passages in question:

---------------

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1302

Good enough... or do you want to play more word games?

darin
05-31-2007, 07:28 PM

What is YOUR Problem, typo? Knock it off.

I've explained to you 'homosexuality' in the bible - would you shut your flam-hole if I show you a verse which states, rather clearly, women with women is bad too?

darin
05-31-2007, 07:31 PM

Mr. President? Mr. President Clinton? Is that you?

:laugh2::laugh2:

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 07:32 PM
What is YOUR Problem, typo? Knock it off.

I've explained to you 'homosexuality' in the bible - would you shut your flam-hole if I show you a verse which states, rather clearly, women with women is bad too?

That's pretty much exactly what I agreed to do in the last post, isn't it?

So go ahead, please: show me the edict against women with women. I'll wait.

darin
05-31-2007, 07:37 PM
That's pretty much exactly what I agreed to do in the last post, isn't it?

So go ahead, please: show me the edict against women with women. I'll wait.

Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another ..

Emphasis added. Hope that clears things up.

darin
05-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Found this online - thought it was well-said.

If you want the words of Jesus only (because some) do not regard Paul as a prophet of God as such, then the only other place that I can refer you to is Mathew chapter 19, verses 1-12.

The scribes were asking Jesus a question about no-fault divorce, and Jesus goes off on a tangent and discusses why god made sex in the first place. Jesus expressly stated that sex was intended to be between a male and a female, who were married to each other, only. Anyone who could not handle that should remain celibate (literally, a eunuch).

darin
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Moved back to Religion as it's become a (mostly) serious thread.

-Cp
05-31-2007, 08:05 PM

And quote me ANY post you've ever done that would make us think that you care what the Bible says..

Missileman
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I guess not it's time to play games with words huh?

Good enough... or do you want to play more word games?

The word homosexual is never used in the Bible. As you pointed out in your link, the Bible condemned sodomites, which according to your link is a MAN who engages in homosexuality.

Strange how some people consider QUOTING exact words and DERIVING MEANING from exact words a game...where I come from it's called READING.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Romans, as quoted by Dmp, answers the original point.

5stringJeff
05-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Romans, as quoted by Dmp, answers the original point.

Indeed, that was the verse I was about to post.

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Emphasis added. Hope that clears things up.

Not entirely. "That which is against nature" can mean a lot of things. How can you be so sure that Paul was specifically thinking of lesbian sex?

typomaniac
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
And quote me ANY post you've ever done that would make us think that you care what the Bible says..

I care about the Bible as literature, and for its historical significance. That's about it.

Sir Evil
05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Holy homophobia! lesbians of all kinds are cool, who cares what their faith is....

-Cp
05-31-2007, 09:56 PM
The word homosexual is never used in the Bible.

Hmm... tell that to Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 6

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I always find it a bit amusing when the ungodly try and lecture us on what is and isn't in the Bible...

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Not entirely. "That which is against nature" can mean a lot of things. How can you be so sure that Paul was specifically thinking of lesbian sex?

Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another ..

Here's a hint: When two sentences are joined by the words "likewise" and "also", it means the two ideas containded within are alike. If the men burned in lust for each other, and likewise the women, it doesn't take an English degree to see what it is saying about the women.

Unless, of course, someone doesn't want to see it. Then all bets are off.

-Cp
05-31-2007, 10:35 PM

Here's a hint: When two sentences are joined by the words "likewise" and "also", it means the two ideas containded within are alike. If the men burned in lust for each other, and likewise the women, it doesn't take an English degree to see what it is saying about the women.

Abbey - you shoosh now girl.... you're talking too much sense to libs - haven't you ever seen it said that "common sense is like kryptonite to a lib"?

Now go sit in a corner! :)

How dare you try and talk common sense to a lib - it may kill them..

darin
05-31-2007, 10:38 PM

*cough*ALLLIBERALS*Cough*

manu1959
05-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Two lesbians are the least equipped when it comes to have sex.
Without the billion dollar sex toy industry of rubber dildos lesbians would be relying on broom handles and whatever creative inventions they came up with.

you are single huh?

manu1959
05-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Holy homophobia! lesbians of all kinds are cool, who cares what their faith is....

i am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.....

Abbey Marie
05-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Abbey - you shoosh now girl.... you're talking too much sense to libs - haven't you ever seen it said that "common sense is like kryptonite to a lib"?

Now go sit in a corner! :)

How dare you try and talk common sense to a lib - it may kill them..

Whispers from corner: It didn't really need to be explained, did it? :)

Missileman
05-31-2007, 11:06 PM
I always find it a bit amusing when the ungodly try and lecture us on what is and isn't in the Bible...

Find it in the KJV! The term homosexual didn't originate until the 1890's. So yeah, let's hear it for those 19th century Corinthians.

darin
05-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Find it in the KJV! The term homosexual didn't originate until the 1890's. So yeah, let's hear it for those 19th century Corinthians.

wow. grasping at straws are we? lmao.

-Cp
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM

Again - why do you care what a book that you don't care about says?

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
The word homosexual is never used in the Bible. As you pointed out in your link, the Bible condemned sodomites, which according to your link is a MAN who engages in homosexuality.

Strange how some people consider QUOTING exact words and DERIVING MEANING from exact words a game...where I come from it's called READING.

So, including my biblical references and everything else that's been posted, do we still have a question? I didn't think so. Even the thread starter has given up.

Pale Rider
05-31-2007, 11:53 PM

Simple differences in translation that mean the same thing. Why do you put forth such effort in arguing nonsensical things?

06-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Since when has the left cared about accuracy of what is said? Modern day liberalism is based on post-modern bullcrap on making things mean something completely different than what is actually said.

06-01-2007, 12:16 AM
The Christian standard is a simple one to understand. Chastity before marriage and fidelity afterwards.

Problem is people tend to ignore the standard and not even try.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM

"Wow. Grasping at straws, are we? lmao."

Got to be the case when your allies keep prematurely declaring victory, like that "Mission Accomplished" guy...:laugh2:

BTW, the dictionary says that "likewise" can also mean "similarly." "Similar" is not the same thing as "identical." It doesn't take an English degree to see that, either.

nevadamedic
06-01-2007, 01:51 AM
The Christian standard is a simple one to understand. Chastity before marriage and fidelity afterwards.

Problem is people tend to ignore the standard and not even try.

:confused:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 06:57 AM

Got to be the case when your allies keep prematurely declaring victory, like that "Mission Accomplished" guy...:laugh2:

BTW, the dictionary says that "likewise" can also mean "similarly." "Similar" is not the same thing as "identical." It doesn't take an English degree to see that, either.

Yup. All bets are off.

06-01-2007, 07:18 AM

You realize the definition being similiarly or identical doesnt at all change the meaning of the passage dont you? its still saying women on women action is wrong.

Doniston
06-01-2007, 09:50 AM

1 Corinthians 6

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I always find it a bit amusing when the ungodly try and lecture us on what is and isn't in the Bible... Yup, and I find it troubling that when Christians don't like the Bible as written, they find a different translation. Would you find that translation of the verse in the King James version???

Doniston
06-01-2007, 09:52 AM

1 Corinthians 6

I always find it a bit amusing when the ungodly try and lecture us on what is and isn't in the Bible... Yup, and I find it troubling that when Christians don't like the Bible as written, they find a different translation to beleive emphatically.

Would you find that translation of the verse in the King James version???

How can a book that is constantly being changed be the true word of God????

-Cp
06-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Yup, and I find it troubling that when Christians don't like the Bible as written, they find a different translation to beleive emphatically.

Would you find that translation of the verse in the King James version???

How can a book that is constantly being changed be the true word of God????

How can a retard who doesn't even give a rats' ass about the Bible pretend to care or know what it says in the first place is the better question...

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 11:14 AM
You realize the definition being similiarly or identical doesnt at all change the meaning of the passage dont you? its still saying women on women action is wrong.

Don't you find it strange that, with the Episcopalians ordaining gay bishops and all, you guys are so desperately clinging to a couple of lines out of Romans?

Your church is going to die if it doesn't adapt to change.

06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Don't you find it strange that, with the Episcopalians ordaining gay bishops and all, you guys are so desperately clinging to a couple of lines out of Romans?

Your church is going to die if it doesn't adapt to change.

Actually quite the opposite. It's going to thrive. THe Episcopalians will be non-existant/irrelevant within a few generations if they keep going the direction they currently are.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Actually quite the opposite. It's going to thrive.
Hogwash. No institution ever thrives when it starts saying to its members, "Here are a bunch of things you absolutely must agree with us about and can never, ever question."

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Hogwash. No institution ever thrives when it starts saying to its members, "Here are a bunch of things you absolutely must agree with us about and can never, ever question."

Of course, the Christian Church has been saying for about 2000 years that its members absolutely must agree about, say, the physical resurrection of Christ, and can never, ever question it. And look how horribly it worked out for them. :rolleyes:

As to Missileman's contention: the term "abusers of themselves with mankind," found in 1 Corinthians 6:9 directly after "effeminate," is a translation of the word arsenokoitai, meaning 'sodomites.'

eighballsidepocket
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
As we all know, the anti-gay crowd loves to quote a handful of Biblical verses about the sinfulness and abomination of homosexuality.

But guess what? Each and every one of those verses applies to.....MEN!

That's right, ladies. The Bible says absolutely nothing about lesbian behavior. So go ahead and enjoy those carpets with righteous pleasure. Even the early Christians knew that their faithful menfolk needed something fun to watch.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Read Romans Chapter 1 very slooooooowly, and deeeeductively...........and you will find that both men and women having sex with the same sex is emphatically, and clearly pointed out as sin.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Of course, the Christian Church has been saying for about 2000 years that its members absolutely must agree about, say, the physical resurrection of Christ, and can never, ever question it. And look how horribly it worked out for them. :rolleyes:

Okay, so they managed to control all the swords and be the only game in town for a few centuries. (There's a legacy to be proud of.) Nowadays the older factions, especially the Catholics, are losing followers left and right.

Not to mention that a number of Christian sects now claim that the whole resurrection part of the story was really just an allegory.

Missileman
06-01-2007, 04:50 PM
As to Missileman's contention: the term "abusers of themselves with mankind," found in 1 Corinthians 6:9 directly after "effeminate," is a translation of the word arsenokoitai, meaning 'sodomites.'

The KJV and several other versions have that passage reading "nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind". Effeminate appears to be used as a synonym for male prostitute, not lesbian.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Okay, so they managed to control all the swords and be the only game in town for a few centuries. (There's a legacy to be proud of.) Nowadays the older factions, especially the Catholics, are losing followers left and right.

Not to mention that a number of Christian sects now claim that the whole resurrection part of the story was really just an allegory.

You show yourself to be quite ignorant of history. For the first 300 years of its existence, Christianity was outlawed. Despite this, and despite its leaders and followers being executed on a regular basis, it managed to spread all over the Roman Empire, and as far east as India.

And the Christian sects that deny the bodily resurrection are just that: sects. The resurrection is the lynchpin of the Christian faith; without it, Jesus is just another philosopher.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 04:56 PM
The KJV and several other versions have that passage reading "nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind". Effeminate appears to be used as a synonym for male prostitute, not lesbian.

Which still leaves Romans 1 as a clear condemnation of lesbianism.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 05:54 PM
You show yourself to be quite ignorant of history. For the first 300 years of its existence, Christianity was outlawed. ...I didn't say "the FIRST few centuries," Jeffrey. I'm well aware of the history of the church, which in the Middle Ages was just as bad as the Taliban in a number of ways.

The Romans, ironically, were wise in some ways to outlaw these guys. Today, unfortunately, lions are an endangered species. :( ;)

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I didn't say "the FIRST few centuries," Jeffrey. I'm well aware of the history of the church, which in the Middle Ages was just as bad as the Taliban in a number of ways.

While I'm sure there are any number of events you're thinking of, the major difference between Middle-Age Christianity and modern Islam is that violence is not supported in the BIble, while it is commanded in the Quran.

The Romans, ironically, were wise in some ways to outlaw these guys. Today, unfortunately, lions are an endangered species. :( ;)

Wow. How tolerant of you. Are you sure this isn't Joe Stell posting under typomaniac's username?

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
While I'm sure there are any number of events you're thinking of, the major difference between Middle-Age Christianity and modern Islam is that violence is not supported in the BIble, while it is commanded in the Quran.And yet the end result was exactly the same.
Wow. How tolerant of you. Are you sure this isn't Joe Stell posting under typomaniac's username?When someone uses religion as a way to leverage temporal power for themselves, I'm not tolerant of them at all. Nor do I make any apologies for that.

chum43
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
people like to shoot ideas down by quoting the bible, the point is it's been retranslated a million times and is quite vague in some respects...

To me whether lesbianism was strictly forbidden by the bible is pointless... christianity in general has a strong history of frowning upon any non-reproductive sexual existence, that is the point. When you see it for what it is, a document promoting a way of life and not holy scripture, then it's easy to see why. I don't know for sure but at the time it was written I would guess lesbianism wasn't a huge problem that was out in the open, not like men with men and whores was anyway, thats why those two are mentioned and lesbianism not, it's the same reason dinosaurs weren't specifically mentioned, because they didn't have knowledge of their existence when they wrote it. It's a human written document with very little input from a higher power, whether inspired by god or not, if you can't see that you are a moron.

So basically it is irrelevant, not specifically being in the bible doesn't mean it's not sinning by default, the same reason killing a priest is a sin, the bible doesn't specifically mention it, but it's pretty consistent in the anti-killing field... All the same, people who are saying the bible specifically does mention lesbians are just dead wrong as well, as far as I know the only places in the bible you will find any homosexual references are within the translation of sodomy and the occasional reference to men turning to other men and as far as I can tell sodomy is any non-coital sex, regardless of sexual orientation, gay, straight, or lesbian. And the romans thing doesn't apply, it seems as though the "likewise" is referring to woman being whores going against nature by not having sex with just their husbands and reproductive partner and men going against nature by having sex with other men... but like I said, sodomy includes lesbian sex, sodomy is not exclusive to men on men or even woman on woman, it also includes masturbation and oral sex in biblical terms.

so the bible doesn't specifically forbid homosexuality, it forbids any sexual act that is not vaginal and between lifelong mates for the purpose of reproduction... I would personally love to know how many of those idiot christians protesting gays by ways of bible scripture have never masturbated or recieved a blow job... i would bet it's zero.

the real point is: the bible is reinturpreted over and over again to fit what is acceptable within society, because that's all it is, a vague guide for good healthy living and control, people who don't see it as that and see it as holy scripture are fooling themselves and are brainwashed into being unreasonable.