PDA

View Full Version : IQ quiz -no cheating..ue

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Decimate

(1) When the Roman army needed to punish a large number of men, every tenth soldier was executed--hence the word --decimate.

You are one of a murderous band of a 1,000 pirates, captured and tied to numbered posts arranged in a circle.

The first is to be executed, then each alternate pirate,until one remains, who will go free.

Which numbered posts would you choose?

Remember no cheating.

(2) In this addition sum, only one decimal point is in its correct position. Alter four of the decimal points to make the sum correct.

______

(3) A Greek was born on the 260th day of 20 BC and died on the 260th day of AD 60.
How many years did he live?

(4) Chess Tournament

At an international chess tournament the four semi-finalists , Zena Le Vue, Dr A. Glebe, Rob E. Lumen and Ann Ziata, each represented one of the four continents: Europe, Africa, the Americas and Australia. Can you correctly match the four chess masters with the continent which they represented?

Remember no google cheating should you care to try to solve these.

I solved them many years ago in a weekend of boring stuck at home because of a motorcycle wreck I had two days before. -Tyr

jimnyc
03-23-2013, 12:53 PM
I need scrap paper. Then I read the questions again and realized that scrap paper likely wouldn't help me. I give up, but would love to see those who know the answers explain it! And yes, I know I can cheat, but where's the fun in that? Being dumb is easier on the cranium.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I need scrap paper. Then I read the questions again and realized that scrap paper likely wouldn't help me. I give up, but would love to see those who know the answers explain it! And yes, I know I can cheat, but where's the fun in that? Being dumb is easier on the cranium.

Jim those are the easy questions my friend.. I choose them because they are so easy..

Folks can give their answers and I will give the correct answers later ..

We have some really bright members here.

I expected at least two or three members here to get them all right. No time limit on it ..-Tyr

jimnyc
03-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Jim those are the easy questions my friend.. I choose them because they are so easy..

Folks can give their answers and I will give the correct answers later ..

We have some really bright members here.

I expected at least two or three members here to get them all right. No time limit on it ..-Tyr

I think I could do 2 and 3, with some paper and some though, but I need more coffee. When I get back I will take a stab at those 2 at least.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2013, 01:15 PM
I think I could do 2 and 3, with some paper and some though, but I need more coffee. When I get back I will take a stab at those 2 at least.

Just saw on question one it should read which numbered post would you choose - as in singular not plural.
Only one person can survive.

Yes, 2 and 3 are really fairly easy to get. Although one of them is a bit tricky..-Tyr

Robert A Whit
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I normally have little problem with these problems and may get embarrassed. But at this instant I can't spare the time so I printed them out to look over again later on. Will reply soon.

But for openers, I sure wonder how the guy tied to the stake got the chance to choose? I would suspect the captor would do the choosing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I normally have little problem with these problems and may get embarrassed. But at this instant I can't spare the time so I printed them out to look over again later on. Will reply soon.

But for openers, I sure wonder how the guy tied to the stake got the chance to choose? I would suspect the captor would do the choosing.

The guys in the Roman army did not get to choose but for the quiz purposes "choosing" provides a way to pick the correct post.

PostmodernProphet
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
my IQ is so high I didn't spend any time trying to solve these.....

aboutime
03-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Nobody. Zero!

Everybody Loses!