PDA

View Full Version : abortion workers admit fetus = babies

revelarts
03-23-2013, 11:01 AM
And that way back in 1974, 1989 and 1993
Many speak of the psychological difficulty and emotional stress of the doing the things they do.

"Remarkably little study has been done of the doctors, nurses, counselors, and other staff in abortion facilities. Only two scientific studies that look at a large number of people have been done by researchers who did not work in the abortion field. One (by M. Such-Baer) appeared in Social Casework in 1974 and the other (by K. M. Roe) in Social Science and Medicine in 1989.
Both studies were done by people in favor of legal abortion, yet they both note the high prevalence of symptoms that fit the condition now called Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The study published in 1974, before the term was adopted, noted that "obsessional thinking about abortion, depression, fatigue, anger, lowered self-esteem, and identity conflicts were prominent. The symptom complex was considered a ‘transient reactive disorder,’ similar to ‘combat fatigue’."3

The other study listed similar symptoms: "Ambivalent periods were characterized by a variety of otherwise uncharacteristic feelings and behavior including withdrawal from colleagues, resistance to going to work, lack of energy, impatience with clients, and an overall sense of uneasiness. Nightmares, images that could not be shaken, and preoccupation were commonly reported. Also common was the deep and lonely privacy within which practitioners had grappled with their ambivalence."4
The case that abortion practitioners suffer from PTSD because they perform abortions cannot yet be made. It is a difficult thing to prove: It may be difficult to ascertain who is and who is not doing abortions; those who have suffered worst may have already left the field; it may be that those people who have been through traumatic events already are more inclined to participate in abortions; and finally, the current political debate can affect the way people feel about their work.

"
The notion that the nurses, doctors, counselors and others who work in the abortion field have qualms about the work they do is a well-kept secret." Among the stories:<dir>
A nurse who had worked in an abortion clinic for less than a year said her most troubling moments came not in the procedure room but afterwards. Many times, she said, women who had just had abortions would lie in the recovery room and cry, "I’ve just killed my baby. I’ve just killed my baby." "I don’t know what to say to these women," the nurse told the group. "Part of me thinks, ‘Maybe they’re right.’"
</dir>
A doctor in New Mexico admitted that
<dir>
he was sometimes surprised by the anger a late-term abortion can arouse in him. On the one hand, the physician said, he is angry at the woman. "But paradoxically," he added, "I have angry feelings at myself for feeling good about grasping the calvaria [the top of the baby’s head], for feeling good about doing a technically good procedure which destroys a fetus, kills a baby."5
</dir> Almost All Negative

Such-Baer’s study, done in 1974, a year after Roe v. Wade legalized abortion across the country, reported that "almost all professionals involved in abortion work reacted with more or less negative feelings." Those who have contact with the fetal remains have more negative feelings than those who do not, and their response varied little: "All emotional reactions were unanimously extremely negative."6
The largest published study involved interviews with 130 abortion workers in San Francisco between January 1984 and March 1985. The authors did not expect to find what they found. "Particularly striking was the fact that discomfort with abortion clients or procedures was reported by practitioners who strongly supported abortion rights and expressed strong commitment to their work," they noted. "This preliminary finding suggested that even those who support a woman’s right to terminate a pregnancy may be struggling with an important tension between their formal beliefs and the situated experience of their abortion work."
In response, the researchers decided "to interview only practitioners who identified themselves as pro-choice and were committed to continuing their abortion work for at least six months." They thought that these people, "as most free of pre-existing anti-choice sentiments and most resistant to their potential influence, would provide rich insight into the current dilemmas and dynamics of legal abortion work." This lowered the sample to 105 workers.
Seventy-seven percent of those brought up the theme of abortion as a destructive act, as destroying a living thing. As for murder: "This theme was unexpected among pro-choice practitioners, yet 18 percent of the respondents talked about involvement with abortion in this way at some point in the interview. This theme tended to emerge slowly in the interviews and was always presented with obvious discomfort."7

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/973691/posts

Diane M. Gianelli, “Abortion Providers Share Inner Conflicts,” American Medical News, July 12, 1993

It is morally and ethically wrong to do abortions without acknowledging what it means to do them. I performed abortions, I have had an abortion and I am in favor of women having abortions when we choose to do so. But we should never disregard the fact that being pregnant means there is a baby growing inside of a woman, a baby whose life is ended. We ought not to pretend this is not happening.
British abortionist Judith Arcana
Psychological Issues - Feminist politics and abortion in the US (http://www.prochoiceforum.org.uk/psy_al8.php)

It's Morally wrong to lie about killing a baby?
on the scale of moral wrongs Lying is what she's worried about?
BUT I suppose lying AND Killing is worse than Not lying and Killing. Which is what the Pro-chioce side has been doing for years with it's euphemisms baby.

And the Emotional toll on some of these abortion workers i can't imagine, some speak of Nightmare and Buckets of blood and parts.

but many Know as a fact of science and emotion that what they are doing is killing babies. And candidly admit that.

I have angry feelings at myself for feeling good about grasping the calvaria [head], for feeling good about doing a technically good procedure that destroys a fetus, kills a baby. (1)

Baby? Perhaps this doctor didn’t get the memo. Pro-choice activists know never to refer to the “fetus” as a baby. You won’t hear NARAL Pro-Choice America or the National Organization for Women using the term “baby” to describe a child being aborted.

Another abortion doctor uses honest terms to describe his job:

A late termination is actually not very nice and there is no way of getting away from it, I don’t feel I am doing it for any other reason than for the best of both the mother and the baby. (2)

Again the word “baby.” Could it be that these abortionists are fully aware that the “fetuses” they are aborting are in fact living babies?

If there is any doubt that at least some abortion providers know that abortion is killing a baby, it is put to rest by :

Nobody wants to perform abortions after ten weeks because by then you see the features of the baby, hands, feet. It’s really barbaric. Abortions are very draining, exhausting, and heartrending. There are a lot of tears. … I do them because I take the attitude that women are going to terminate babies and deserve the same kind of treatment as women who carry babies … I’ve done a couple thousand, and it turned into a significant financial boon, but I also feel I’ve provided an important service. The only way I can do an abortion is to consider only the woman as my patient and block out the baby[.] (4)

In this short paragraph, the doctor mentions the word “baby” four times.

It is clear that many abortion providers know that they are ending life. They see the babies kicking and moving on the ultrasound screen and then see them later, in pieces, in the back room of the clinic.

Clinic counselor Tim Shuck, who worked at the Lovejoy abortion clinic until his death from AIDS, said the following to a writer who was chronicling the daily workings of the clinic:

I have never denied that human life begins at conception. If I have a complaint about our society, it’s that we don’t deal with death and dying. Do we believe human beings have a right to make decisions about death and dying? Yes we do, and those decisions are made every day in every hospital. (5)

Another clinic worker said the following:

I see more of murder the further along they get. Although inside me I know it’s murder from the beginning… (6)

In an article in the Dallas Morning News, abortion clinic administrator Charlotte Taft made the following statement:

We were hiding … some pieces of the truth about abortion that were threatening. [Abortion] is a kind of killing, and most women seeking abortion know that. (7)

This was a little too much honesty for Planned Parenthood – after Taft came out with this statement, they stopped referring patients to her clinic. Eventually, she resigned.

Reporter Leonard Stern spoke to Joan Wright, the owner of a clinic in Ottawa. She explained how she and her fellow workers were fighting to force pro-lifers to take down a banner that announced, “Abortion Stops a Beating Heart” and gave a phone number for women considering abortion to call for help. Stern confronted her with pro-lifers’ allegations that her clinic gave deceptive counseling to women. From the article:

She said. “Good grief! They accuse us of pretending we’re not doing what we’re doing? I’m in the business of death!” (8)

This is probably the most honest and frank admission by an abortion provider that you are likely to hear.

In his essay “Why I Am an Abortion Provider,” Dr. William F. Harrison says the following: “No one, neither the patient receiving the abortion, nor the person doing the abortion, is ever, at any time, unaware that they are ending a life.”...

Here are more examples of abortionists and clinic workers who acknowledge that abortion is killing:

The owner of one abortion clinic, identified only as “Michelle” in a book by James D. Slack, said the following:

I’ve thought through this issue, to do it as long as I have, and I have to sleep well at night… Is it life? Clearly it’s life. Does it deserve protection? My answer is “no.” The bottom line, you have two competing interests: the mother and the baby (or the embryo or the fertilized egg). And sometime during that nine month gestation, a woman’s rights are going to digress. At that point, I guess, rights can be ascribed to the fetus. (9)

This clinic owner has no problem calling an embryo a baby. She merely considers the baby’s life unimportant. There is no doubt that she knows exactly what is happening at her clinic.

Abortionist Don Sloan, explaining the morality of abortion to his teenage niece in an essay that appeared in an anthology on abortion, said the following:

Is abortion murder? All killing isn’t murder. A cop shoots a teenager who appeared to be going for a gun, and we call it justifiable homicide – a tragedy for all concerned, but not murder. And then there’s war… (10)

In this case, the abortionist (Sloan has been practicing for over thirty years and has done over 20,000 abortions) admits that abortion is killing but claims that it is not murder. He equates abortion with self-defense and war. But is the unborn baby sleeping in her mother’s womb really an aggressor? Except in very rare cases, a woman’s life is not endangered by a pregnancy. And unless the pregnancy is a result of rape (which is a factor in only 1% of all abortions) the woman’s own actions (along with those of the baby’s father) resulted in the baby developing where he or she is. The baby may be unwanted, but she is not truly an intruder if the woman’s own actions are responsible for her presence in the womb. An unborn baby is not a teenager with a gun or an enemy soldier on a battlefield; she is an innocent and helpless member of the human race.

Abortionist Dr. Neville Sender said the following in a newspaper article:

We know that it is killing, but the states permit killing under certain circumstances. (11)

The clinic where Sender worked later came under scrutiny for throwing the bodies of aborted babies in the trash.

20-weeks-human-fetusAbortionist Dr. Curtis Boyd, who performs abortions up to 24 weeks: “Am I killing? Yes, I am. I know that.” You can see a video of him saying it here.

Another abortionist admits that abortion is killing but also tries to justify it by saying the babies he kills would have difficult lives if they were allowed to be born:

I have the utmost respect for life; I appreciate that life starts early in the womb, but also believe that I’m ending it for good reasons.

Often I’m saving the woman or I’m improving the lives of other children in the family. I also believe that women have a life they have to consider. If a woman is working full-time, has one child already and is barely getting by, having another child that would financially push her to go on public assistance yes is going to lessen the quality of her life. And it’s also an issue for the child, if it would not have had a good life. Life is hard enough when you’re wanted and everything’s prepared. So yes, I end life, but even when it’s hard, it’s for a good reason. (13)

Are these good reasons to kill a child?
Another abortionist puts it more plainly:
Abortion is killing the fetus. … Human life, in and of itself, is not sacred. Human life, per se, is not inviolate. (14)

Another abortionist, Dr. Harrison, simply said, “I am destroying a life” (16). This doctor has performed over 20,000 abortions.

Dr. William Rashbaum performed thousands of abortions before his death in 2005. He revealed to an interviewer that he was haunted by a recurring nightmare of an unborn baby hanging on to the uterine wall with its tiny fingernails, fighting to stay inside. When asked how he dealt with this dream, he said, “Learned to live with it. Like people in concentration camps.”

The interviewer then asked if he really meant that metaphor:
I think it’s apt – destruction of life. Look! I’m a person, I’m entitled to my feelings. And my feelings are who gave me or anybody the right to terminate a pregnancy? I’m entitled to that feeling, but I also have no right communicating it to the patient who desperately wants that abortion. I don’t get paid for my feelings. I get paid for my skills… I’ll be frank. I began to do abortions in large numbers at the time of my divorce when I needed money. But I also believe in the woman’s right to control their biological destiny. I spent a lot of years learning to deliver babies. Sure, it sometimes hurts to end life instead of bringing it into the world. (17)

Rashbaum knew that abortion takes a life, but he never mentioned this to the women who were coming in for abortions. One can only wonder about the psychological strain of equating oneself with a Nazi, with knowing that you end babies’ lives for a living....

theres more
Abortionists agree ? abortion is killing (http://liveactionnews.org/abortionists-agree-abortion-is-killing/)

revelarts
03-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Anti-abortion law makes Arkansas ground zero in intensifying national debate

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/11/new-abortion-fights-loom-as-arkansas-passes-toughest-laws-yet/#ixzz2OY26qlot

<article class="article-text"> Arkansas has become ground zero in the battle over abortion rights and limitations in the country.
Just last week, lawmakers overrode Gov. Mike Beebe's veto of a law that will ban most abortions after the 12th week of pregnancy. Under the Arkansas Human Heartbeat Protection Act, which is scheduled to go into effect later this summer, women seeking an abortion who are at least 12 weeks pregnant will be required to undergo an ultrasound. If a heartbeat is detected, the abortion would not be permitted.
The law includes jail time and fines for doctors who violate the law but no penalties for women who seek or undergo an illegal abortion.
State Sen. Jason Rapert, the Republican who authored the law, says he thinks lawmakers struck the right balance. He notes the measure includes exceptions for "rape, incest, to save the life of the mother and to prevent irreparable harm to the mother's health, in addition to giving an exception for fatal fetal anomalies."
In deciding to veto the legislation, Beebe cited concerns over the constitutionality of the law, as well as the cost of defending it. Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, notes that Arkansas is not alone on that front.
"There are so many battles in so many states that are very similar that I think the bulk of the law will, without question, make itself up to the [Supreme] Court," Dannenfelser said.
Pro-choice groups, citing Roe v. Wade and subsequent Supreme Court precedents, feel confident it's a fight they will win.
"The bill is clearly unconstitutional, clearly inconsistent with Supreme Court precedent," Louise Melling, the American Civil Liberties Union's deputy legal director, said. ACLU officials said they are planning to jointly file a legal challenge with the Center for Reproductive Rights before the Arkansas law is set to go into effect.
While the so-called "Heartbeat Law" is hashed out in court, Rapert also says he plans to introduce a measure that would ban state officials from allowing any state or federal funds from flowing to organizations that perform abortions, namely Planned Parenthood.
If he succeeds, Arkansas would join a number of other states that have blocked funding to the family planning organization, including Colorado, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and Wisconsin.
</article>

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/11/new-abortion-fights-loom-as-arkansas-passes-toughest-laws-yet/#ixzz2OY1dLFKC

revelarts
03-25-2013, 06:09 AM
UN to Define Pregnancy Without Access to Abortion as “Torture”
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/un-to-define-pregnancy-without-access-to-abortion-as-torture/

How about defining Abortion as Murder.

You guys Know I'm anti torture but this is a PURELY political use of the term and bass akward thinking.

Quick question. If we replaced the United Nations with the population of an insane asylum would anyone even notice, and if so how (http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/defining-torture-down_708860.html)?

In a new report by the special rapporteur on torture, Juan E. Méndez, to the United Nations General Assembly, he broadens the term “torture” to mean any obstacle to lefty social policies.

“The Committee against Torture has repeatedly expressed concerns about restrictions on access to abortion and about absolute abortion bans as violating the prohibition on torture and ill treatment.”

So pregnancy without abortion is now torture. Unfortunately it appears that Juan E. Méndez’s mother had a disturbing amount of torture inflicted on her. If only he had been around to prevent his own birth.

Examples of such violations include abusive treatment and humiliation in institutional settings; involuntary sterilization; denial of legally available health services such as abortion and post-abortion care; .  .  . female genital mutilation
Mendez equates lack of abortion services with forced sterilization and female gential mutilation, putting the left’s insane moral equivalence on full display.
The report pushes the notion that denying the information needed to abortion “unfit” babies is a violation of human rights…

In the case of R.R. v. Poland, for instance, ECHR found a violation of article 3 in the case of a woman who was denied access to prenatal genetic testing when an ultrasound revealed a potential foetal abnormality. The Court recognized “that the applicant was in a situation of great vulnerability” and that R.R.‟s access to genetic testing was “marred by procrastination, confusion and lack of proper counselling and information given to the applicant”. Access to information about reproductive health is imperative to a woman‟s ability to exercise reproductive autonomy, and the rights to health and to physical integrity.
R.R. v. Poland was about a case where doctors supposedly denied genetic tests because they were opposed to abortion. The child had Turner Syndrome which involves a webbed neck and some physical deformities. The mother claims that her husband left her over the birth of the baby girl, which could have otherwise been killed.

Naturally the report also claims that only recognizing men who get sex change operations as women is also torture and insists that men who wear dresses are also women if they say that they are.
In other news, the Syrian Civil War death toll is inching up to 100,000. China is continuing its occupation of Tibet. Turkey is continuing its occupation of Cyprus. And North Korea has intergenerational concentration camps and a nuclear program.
So clearly the UN’s work is done. But here is what actual torture looks like (http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/10/29/executions-torture-in-north-korea-worse-than-animal-slaughter/) from the Socialist utopia of North Korea.

One inmate, Choe Kwang Ho, sneaked away from his work for 15 minutes to pick fruit. He was executed, his mouth stuffed with gravel to prevent him from protesting, Jung recalled.
Before he was imprisoned, Jung took his eldest daughter, then 8, to the execution of a prisoner in 1997 in the city of Chongjin. She watched solemnly as the inmate’s skull was smashed to pieces.
“She asked me, ‘Hey Daddy, is he vomiting?”‘ Jung recalled, a bitter grimace curling his lips. “I should not have taken her there.”
An said he served as a guard and driver at four camps before defecting in 1994. If a female inmate got pregnant, he said, she and her lover would be shot to death publicly. Then, An said, prison guards would cut open her womb, remove the fetus and bury it or feed it to guard dogs.
From Mendez’s perspective, this would be another triumph for abortion rights.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-25-2013, 07:34 AM
UN to Define Pregnancy Without Access to Abortion as “Torture”

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/un-to-define-pregnancy-without-access-to-abortion-as-torture/

How about defining Abortion as Murder.

You guys Know I'm anti torture but this is a PURELY political use of the term and bass akward thinking.

N. Korea, obama has been very soft on it. He loves dictatorships. Has fond hopes of being a full blown dictatorial leader soon.

Just as soon as he can figure out how to destroy that damn Constitution! -Tyr