PDA

View Full Version : What happens when a banned person goes on vacation?

tailfins
03-23-2013, 07:46 PM
What is board SOP if someone is banned, goes on vacation, doesn't even know he was banned, then merrily returns from vacation saying: "What's shakin' everybody? I had a great time."

Syrenn
03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
so who we talking about?

tailfins
03-24-2013, 06:12 AM
so who we talking about?

Should it matter? I'm speaking generally. It's just a scenario that crossed my mind and left me snickering.

logroller
03-24-2013, 07:46 AM
What is board SOP if someone is banned, goes on vacation, doesn't even know he was banned, then merrily returns from vacation saying: "What's shakin' everybody? I had a great time."

They're summarily attacked and admin is sent a barrage of incessant requests for permaban. :coffee:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-24-2013, 09:40 AM
They're summarily attacked and admin is sent a barrage of incessant requests for permaban. :coffee:

So very true. I have seen it happen at another site..
Of course the member was really allowed back by admin there that just turned a blind eye to it all. That member was a flaming lib and we in the know knew that his ban would be secretly lifted. And we were proven to be correct.. -Tyr

PostmodernProphet
03-24-2013, 12:56 PM
I actually had that happen to me, but when I told them they laughed and didn't believe me......

Abbey Marie
03-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Well, of course, two things happen:

1. People will say, "Oh, were you gone?"
2. It goes on their permanent record.

:duh5:

jimnyc
03-24-2013, 03:19 PM
No one here has received any bans, so I know this is hypothetically speaking. But if someone were banned, and missed it because they went away, I would say the desired effect took place anyway.