PDA

View Full Version : Liberman talks to the troops...

Guernicaa
05-31-2007, 05:11 PM
http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/17300884.htm
Lieberman talks to troops in Baghdad

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Spc. David Williams, 22, of Boston, Mass., had two note cards in his pocket Wednesday afternoon as he waited for Sen. Joseph Lieberman. Williams serves in the 82nd Airborne Division from Fort Bragg, N.C., the first of the five "surge" brigades to arrive in Iraq, and he was chosen to join the Independent from Connecticut for lunch at a U.S. field base in Baghdad.

The night before, 30 other soldiers crowded around him with questions for the senator.

He wrote them all down. At the top of his note card was the question he got from nearly every one of his fellow soldiers:

"When are we going to get out of here?"

The rest was a laundry list. When would they have upgraded Humvees that could withstand the armor-penetrating weapons that U.S. officials claim are from Iran? When could they have body armor that was better in hot weather?

Williams missed six months of his girlfriend's pregnancy when he was given six days' notice to return to Iraq for his second tour. He also missed his baby boy's birth. Three weeks ago, he went home and saw his first child.

"He looks just like me," he said. "I didn't want to come back. . . . We're waiting to get blown up."
Williams wasn't sure if he'd say how he really felt. But if he could, he'd ask about body armor.

"I don't want him to snap his fingers to get things fixed," Williams said, referring to Lieberman. "But he has influence."

Next to him, Spc. Will Hedin, 21, of Chester, Conn., thought about what he was going to say.

"We're not making any progress," Hedin said, as he recalled a comrade who was shot by a sniper last week. "It just seems like we drive around and wait to get shot at."

But as he waited two chairs down from where Lieberman would sit, Hedin said he'd never voice his true feelings to the senator.

"I think I'd be a private if I did," he joked. "It's just more troops, more targets."

In the past two months, the unit has lost two men. In May alone, at least 120 U.S. troops died in Iraq, the bloodiest month in 2007 and the highest number since the battles of Fallujah in 2004.

Spc. Kevin Krasco, 20, of Medford, Mass., and Spc. Kevin Adams, 20, of Moosup, Conn., chimed in with their dismay before turning the conversation to baseball.

"It's like everything else in this war," Adams said, referring to Baghdad. "It hasn't changed."

Then Lieberman walked in, wearing a pair of sunglasses newly purchased from an Iraqi market that the military had taken him to in southeast Baghdad. He'd been equipped with a helmet and flak vest when he toured the market, which he described as bustling.

I'm sorry, but the day has come when conservatives need to really stop talking out their asses. The troops do not support this administration, and do not agree with this war.

They ARE THE WAR, and they understand that we should have NEVER invaded Iraq.

Doniston
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Lieberman talks to troops in Baghdad

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Spc. David Williams, 22, of Boston, Mass., had two note cards in his pocket Wednesday afternoon as he waited for Sen. Joseph Lieberman. Williams serves in the 82nd Airborne Division from Fort Bragg, N.C., the first of the five "surge" brigades to arrive in Iraq, and he was chosen to join the Independent from Connecticut for lunch at a U.S. field base in Baghdad.

The night before, 30 other soldiers crowded around him with questions for the senator.

He wrote them all down. At the top of his note card was the question he got from nearly every one of his fellow soldiers:

"When are we going to get out of here?"

The rest was a laundry list. When would they have upgraded Humvees that could withstand the armor-penetrating weapons that U.S. officials claim are from Iran? When could they have body armor that was better in hot weather?

Williams missed six months of his girlfriend's pregnancy when he was given six days' notice to return to Iraq for his second tour. He also missed his baby boy's birth. Three weeks ago, he went home and saw his first child.

"He looks just like me," he said. "I didn't want to come back. . . . We're waiting to get blown up."
Williams wasn't sure if he'd say how he really felt. But if he could, he'd ask about body armor.

"I don't want him to snap his fingers to get things fixed," Williams said, referring to Lieberman. "But he has influence."

Next to him, Spc. Will Hedin, 21, of Chester, Conn., thought about what he was going to say.

"We're not making any progress," Hedin said, as he recalled a comrade who was shot by a sniper last week. "It just seems like we drive around and wait to get shot at."

But as he waited two chairs down from where Lieberman would sit, Hedin said he'd never voice his true feelings to the senator.

"I think I'd be a private if I did," he joked. "It's just more troops, more targets."

In the past two months, the unit has lost two men. In May alone, at least 120 U.S. troops died in Iraq, the bloodiest month in 2007 and the highest number since the battles of Fallujah in 2004.

Spc. Kevin Krasco, 20, of Medford, Mass., and Spc. Kevin Adams, 20, of Moosup, Conn., chimed in with their dismay before turning the conversation to baseball.

"It's like everything else in this war," Adams said, referring to Baghdad. "It hasn't changed."

Then Lieberman walked in, wearing a pair of sunglasses newly purchased from an Iraqi market that the military had taken him to in southeast Baghdad. He'd been equipped with a helmet and flak vest when he toured the market, which he described as bustling.

I'm sorry, but the day has come when conservatives need to really stop talking out their asses. The troops do not support this administration, and do not agree with this war.

They ARE THE WAR, and they understand that we should have NEVER invaded Iraq.

isn't it strange that every time it is a republican commentary, all the troops are happy to be there, but when it is a democratic commentary, all the troops want to come home.

Could there be something partisan about that??? HEH HEH

Dilloduck
05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
isn't it strange that every time it is a republican commentary, all the troops are happy to be there, but when it is a democratic commentary, all the troops want to come home.

Could there be something partisan about that??? HEH HEH

Exactly how long has it taken for you to figure that out?

05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Now why on earth would the troops be upset by being put in harms way while the Democrats were denying the troops the funding they needed to actually do things and giving them the equipment they need to survive so Democrats could play political games?

nevadamedic
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Now why on earth would the troops be upset by being put in harms way while the Democrats were denying the troops the funding they needed to actually do things and giving them the equipment they need to survive so Democrats could play political games?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

stephanie
05-31-2007, 11:41 PM

And another thing..
The OP finds a few disgruntled troops out of 100,000.....and then tries to say....SEE the troops DON'T support the war.....

Nice try..I guess......Dumb though..:poke:

manu1959
05-31-2007, 11:46 PM

........30 other soldiers crowded around him with questions for the senator........

.......The troops do not support this administration, and do not agree with this war. ......

no wonder we are looooooooooooosing we only have 30 troops there.....:laugh2:

stephanie
05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
no wonder we are looooooooooooosing we only have 30 troops there.....:laugh2:

You goof......:slap:
that was Funny:laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-01-2007, 01:04 AM
You goof......:slap:
that was Funny:laugh2:

:laugh2:

Doniston
06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Exactly how long has it taken for you to figure that out? Did you notice the "HEH HEH"?

Monkeybone
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
meh..some are unhappy some ain't. can't please everyone. ppl join the military and then get surprised and pissed off when they have to do something. all they wanted was college and to see the world.

i have a friend who is going over to Iraq for his second volunteer tour

Sir Evil
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Amazing how Liberman gets casted aside by his own but makes astonishing new finds that seems noteworthy for the selective.:lame2:

Gaffer
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
A family friend reupped while over on his second tour. My nephew reupped while over there on his first tour and has been over for three tours himself.

The media is still searching all over the country for some draftees that don't want to be there. That damn volunteer army is screwing up all their attempts to make it into another Vietnam.

theHawk
06-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Well the bitching that soldiers do is legitamite. They should not be there patrolling streets because they are just easy targets. And they should have better state of the art armor and equipment than what they have. IMO our military should be on bases and only go out on special seek and destroy missions, not this policing shit that the Iraqis should be doing themselves. Its the policing (setting up roadblocks ect.) thats getting most of our people killed. They also need their hands untied and should be allowed to shoot to kill any threat. Although I agree with toppling Saddam this war is being mismanaged. We need a CNC with some balls thats willing to let the military destroy our enemy regardless of how much the liberals would scream about it.

Guernicaa
06-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Well the bitching that soldiers do is legitamite. They should not be there patrolling streets because they are just easy targets. And they should have better state of the art armor and equipment than what they have. IMO our military should be on bases and only go out on special seek and destroy missions, not this policing shit that the Iraqis should be doing themselves. Its the policing (setting up roadblocks ect.) thats getting most of our people killed. They also need their hands untied and should be allowed to shoot to kill any threat. Although I agree with toppling Saddam this war is being mismanaged. We need a CNC with some balls thats willing to let the military destroy our enemy regardless of how much the liberals would scream about it.
I would have to conclude that you are the only intelligent conservative on this board.

Guernicaa
06-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe you'd care to explain the lack of armor that the troops have had for the past 4 years when the Democrats weren't even in control of congress...
You do realize that many of our troops have had to basically create their own humvee armor by using pieces of scrap metal found around Iraq???

And FYI, cutting the funds is to shut down the administration, so that they are forced to remove troops. It would not affect the troops at all. It wouldnt be an instant "Ok were not giving you anymore bullets because congress cut funding"....It would be a "Were leaving in a month".

Guernicaa
06-01-2007, 06:25 PM
And another thing..
The OP finds a few disgruntled troops out of 100,000.....and then tries to say....SEE the troops DON'T support the war.....

Nice try..I guess......Dumb though..
Would you like me to find you at least 5 other news stories where the troops express regret about the invasion and give their thoughts about how the mission is hopeless???

And yet while I type responses to you I question myself deeply...You are probably one of the dumbest people on this board...even more so than OCA. It's very pointless trying to engage intellectually with someone who uses moving smiley faces to create their arguments 20% of the time.

OCA
06-01-2007, 06:52 PM
probably one of the dumbest people on this board...even more so than OCA. .

So you call me dumb but in reality you are the one who never backs up shit that spews from your filthy piehole.

You can't run with cons and you know it.

Doniston
06-01-2007, 06:57 PM
So you call me dumb but in reality you are the one who never backs up shit that spews from your filthy piehole.

You can't run with cons and you know it. HA HA HA---Who would want to??? (Maybe run against though).

stephanie
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Would you like me to find you at least 5 other news stories where the troops express regret about the invasion and give their thoughts about how the mission is hopeless???

And yet while I type responses to you I question myself deeply...You are probably one of the dumbest people on this board...even more so than OCA. It's very pointless trying to engage intellectually with someone who uses moving smiley faces to create their arguments 20% of the time.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/DogLaughAnim.gif

Now...go back to playing with your toy trucks.....

Guernicaa
06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
never backs up shit that spews from your filthy piehole.
HAHAHAHAH!! Pleasssseeeee

I've given quite a share of links...You NEVER contribute to anything.

I, along with a variety of other members have given you links supporting the theory that people are born gay.
You have given nothing to back your disgusting bible bull shit.

OCA
06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
HAHAHAHAH!! Pleasssseeeee

I've given quite a share of links...You NEVER contribute to anything.

I, along with a variety of other members have given you links supporting the theory that people are born gay.
You have given nothing to back your disgusting bible bull shit.

You nor anyone else has ever provided one single leak to undisputeable evidence of queer at birth therefore by default its a choice.

Understand you fucking piece of dogshit?

OCA
06-01-2007, 09:26 PM
There's really no point in giving them facts. They refuse to listen to anything that doesn't support their Christian nationalist agenda of hatred and over the top patriotism.

Motherfucker you are delusional, you have never dealt in facts here, in fact when asked to present some you run from the thread like a kosher Jew running from a dirty slaughterhouse.

You boy are an absolute fucking joke as a debater and as a thinker for that matter.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 09:29 PM
MOD HAT ON

Cut the flaming.

MOD HAT OFF

OCA
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
MOD HAT ON

Cut the flaming.

MOD HAT OFF

When I personally see admonishment of this clown in public by staff then I will put the brakes on, until then i've got to handle my business.