PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Media and NYC Mayor's Race

taft2012
03-26-2013, 05:57 AM
So when a mayor's race is a choice among a pack of liberal maniacs, how does the liberal lapdog lamestream news media conduct itself?

The New York City Council Speaker, Christine Quinn, is a gay married liberal lunatic and currently leading in the polls. This very entertaining NY Times piece portrays her as being psychotic.

This is an interesting race to watch. IMO, someone is behind the scenes orchestrating the removal of leading candidates. Anthony Wiener went first, then City Comptroller John Liu in a fundraising scam, and now next up is Christine Quinn...

Christine C. Quinn (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/q/christine_c_quinn/index.html?inline=nyt-per) was not pleased.

A session of the New York City Council (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/c/city_council_new_york_city/index.html?inline=nyt-org) had descended into chaos, and lawmakers were openly questioning her leadership. Ms. Quinn, the Council speaker, decided there was one person to blame: Betsy Gotbaum, then the city’s public advocate, who had been presiding.

The response was sudden and fierce. Ms. Quinn summoned Ms. Gotbaum to an office nearby and, with little warning, began shouting at her in increasingly angry tones about appearing weak in front of other lawmakers.

“You were like Bambi in there!” Ms. Quinn exclaimed, slamming her hand on a table for emphasis, according to Ms. Gotbaum, who was on crutches at the time.

Ms. Gotbaum was stunned. “I didn’t merit that kind of unprofessional behavior,” she said recently.

As she pursues a high-profile bid for mayor, Ms. Quinn, a Democrat, has proudly promoted her boisterous personality, hoping that voters will embrace her blend of brashness and personal charm.

But in private, friends and colleagues say, another Ms. Quinn can emerge: controlling, temperamental and surprisingly volatile, with a habit of hair-trigger eruptions of unchecked, face-to-face wrath.

Not too terrible so far, but that's just setting the table:

She has threatened, repeatedly, to slice off the private parts of those who cross her.

She is sensitive to slights: When a Queens councilwoman neglected to credit Ms. Quinn in a news release, the speaker retaliated by cutting money for programs in her district.

Ms. Quinn’s staff, concerned that angry tirades could be overheard by outsiders, added soundproofing to her City Hall office. Wary of her temper, they are known to ask one another: “Did she throw up on you today?”

“Her eyes get really wide, she points her fingers,” one official said. “She gets really close to you. It’s really in your face.”

A former campaign donor who had been called to Ms. Quinn’s office to discuss a legislative proposal said: “She screamed at me for 10 minutes, uninterrupted, and used the ‘F’-word at least 20 times. I was just so startled, I didn’t know what to do.”

“I couldn’t get a word in edgewise,” said one city official, who disagreed with the speaker over a piece of legislation, “so I just hung up.” (Ms. Quinn called back to extend her harangue.)

In strategy sessions, Ms. Quinn can speak colorfully of other lawmakers, often saying, “I’m going to cut his balls off.”

And a story of power-mad abuses:

When Councilwoman Elizabeth Crowley issued a statement to community newspapers in her Queens district that took credit for saving local firehouses from the annual budget ax, she failed to praise Ms. Quinn. Within an hour, Ms. Crowley was called into a room at City Hall, where a livid Ms. Quinn began to shout at her, demanding to know who had authorized what she considered to be a premature and poorly worded release.

An aide to Ms. Quinn, Ramon Martinez, criticized Ms. Crowley’s abilities as a lawmaker, at one point telling her, “You don’t know when to shut up,” according to people familiar with the episode. (Mr. Martinez, in an interview, said he did not recall using those words at the time, but added, “I certainly could have said that to her” in a separate conversation.)

Shaken, Ms. Crowley left, thinking the worst was over. Days later, she learned that Ms. Quinn had cut the Council contributions to senior centers (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/01/nyregion/01council.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0) and youth sports programs in her district. The two now rarely speak.

Asked about the episode last week, Ms. Quinn said that Ms. Crowley had committed “a completely inappropriate, attention-grabbing act” and violated Council protocol. “She was told it was not acceptable, and I did not mince words in telling her that,” she said.

Did Ms. Crowley have her funding cut as a punishment? “It is what happened that year,” Ms. Quinn replied.

Pressed on whether the move was an act of retaliation, Ms. Quinn just smiled: “It is what happened that year,” she said again, signaling that the matter was closed.

taft2012
03-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Ooops, forgot to include the original link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/nyregion/in-private-quinn-displays-a-volatile-side.html?ref=nyregion&_r=1

So, what are the liberals up to?

tailfins
03-26-2013, 07:27 AM
When NYT must choose between a pack of lefty weirdos, they auction off their editorial support on Ebay.

taft2012
03-26-2013, 07:36 AM
When NYT must choose between a pack of lefty weirdos, they auction off their editorial support on Ebay.

You may be half-joking, but that's a point seriously being considered.

To get the City Council to overturn the 2 term-limit law and allow him to seek a 3rd term, it's common knowledge Bloomberg agreed to exchange his 2013 mayoral endorsement to Quinn for leading the movement to overturn the term limit law.

Bloomberg, however, is now reneging on that deal with Quinn.

Bloomberg is such an egomaniac he doesn't think small potatoes politicians like Wiener, Liu, and Quinn are capable of filling his "oh-so-big shoes." That's why he went shopping around to get Hillary Clinton to consider running for mayor of NYC.

Now to get back to your original point.... is Bloomberg bankrolling these character assassinations?