PDA

View Full Version : School Bans the Word ‘Easter’

red states rule
03-27-2013, 03:14 AM
First it was Christmas and now it is Easter. The left has now declared war on Easter is some parts of the nation as the "offend" and politically correct crowd want to ruin another holiday for the kids

Boys and girls at an Alabama elementary school will still get to hunt for eggs – but they can’t call them ‘Easter Eggs’ because the principal banished the word for the sake of religious diversity.

“We had in the past a parent to question us about some of the things we do here at school,” said Heritage Elementary School principal Lydia Davenport. “So we’re just trying to make sure we respect and honor everybody’s differences.”

Television station WHNT reported that teachers were informed that no activities related to or centered around any religious holiday would be allowed – in the interest of religious diversity.

“Kids love the bunny and we just make sure we don’t say ‘the Easter Bunny’ so that we don’t infringe on the rights of others because people relate the Easter bunny to religion,” she told the television station. “A bunny is a bunny and a rabbit is a rabbit.”

Teachers had planned to have an Easter egg-themed quiz bowl where boys and girls would ring in with egg buzzers and search for answers hidden in Easter eggs.
“I don’t get upset about too many things, but this upsets me,” one parent wrote to the television station. “Even non-believers enjoy a good egg hunt. Kids need to enjoy being kids.”

Davenport reconsidered the ban after meeting with district leaders – but she still won’t allow teachers to use the word ‘Easter.’
“We compromised by allowing teachers to use other different kinds of shapes besides eggs in the classroom,” she told the television station.

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/03/26/school-bans-the-word-easter-n1549633

Voted4Reagan
03-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Yeah.... all because there's no such thing as ATHEIST EGGS. or ISLAM EGGS...

The fuckers start messing with my jelly beans we are gonna have a WAR.

Bunch of wanking tossers

red states rule
03-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Yeah.... all because there's no such thing as ATHEIST EGGS. or ISLAM EGGS...

The fuckers start messing with my jelly beans we are gonna have a WAR.

Bunch of wanking tossers

Once again he have liberalism oozing to the surface and determining what is PC and what is not, This Principal should be made to sit in the corner for one day wearing a dunce cap

After she rescinds her orders regarding Easter

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
They always say it's about religious diversity, and they are always saying that as they ban something pertaining to Christianity.

cadet
03-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Ahh, freedom of religion. And freedom of speech. Don't forget equality.

It's so nice that schools are being tolerant of ALL religions, including Christianity.

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
One school teaches kids how to wear burqas and similar while another bans the Easter Bunny.

Voted4Reagan
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
One school teaches kids how to wear burqas and similar while another bans the Easter Bunny.

and Santa Claus....

tailfins
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
First it was Christmas and now it is Easter. The left has now declared war on Easter is some parts of the nation as the "offend" and politically correct crowd want to ruin another holiday for the kids

I'm undecided on this one. While there's some debate about Chistmas being a corrupted holiday, with Easter it's more obvious. The eggs celebrating fertility connection seems obvious.

http://jesus-is-lord.com/paganeaster.html

These customs of Easter honor Baal, who is also Satan, and is still worshipped as the "Rising Sun" and his house is the "House of the Rising Sun."
How many churches have "sunrise services" on Ishtar's day and face the rising sun in the East?
How many will use colored eggs and rabbit stories, as they did in ancient Babylon.
These things are no joke, any more than Judgement day is a joke.
I pray to God that this tract will cause you to search for more truth.

On one hand I don't like the attempt to impose secularism, on the other I don't like promoting a corrupt holiday.

jafar00
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
So what do they say now instead of Happy Easter?

Happy...... erm... Holidays?

This could get confusing.

Voted4Reagan
03-28-2013, 01:32 AM

Since I have always shown courtesy for your religion Jafar I will expect you not to be Snarky about mine.

and funny thing, I always show that courtesy and you never acknowledge it. Why?

"DO UNTO OTHERS..." is in all major religious text. It crosses all lines.

It is in the Quran and The Prophet(May peace be upon him) taught it. Same as Jesus did.

jafar00
03-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Since I have always shown courtesy for your religion Jafar I will expect you not to be Snarky about mine.

and funny thing, I always show that courtesy and you never acknowledge it. Why?

Is your religion Christianity?

If so, I was in fact defending you! I don't see any reason to replace Merry Christmas or Happy Easter as salutations during your celebrations as is the custom in your country. It is the custom here too. Even I ended up with a chocolate bunny on my desk who is now sitting proudly and untouched as a symbol of my heroic diet efforts :)

I just think it's unfortunate when political correctness runs so wild that it ends up not representing the rights of the group it purports to represent. ie.. Muslims are not in any way offended if an American in America (or any other place) brings him glad tidings.

"DO UNTO OTHERS..." is in all major religious text. It crosses all lines.

It is in the Quran and The Prophet(May peace be upon him) taught it. Same as Jesus did.

The exact words are not in the Qur'aan, however there are verses dealing with justice and equity.
The closest I know of in Hadiths is the one that says (paraphrasing here) "None of you is a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself".

jimnyc
03-28-2013, 10:56 AM

I had thought of it pertaining to Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny, but you're right... Suppose a kid brings in a few holiday cards for friends, and they say Happy Easter on them, and the child says "Happy Easter" to friends as he gives them the card and a small piece of candy. Do they suspend him?

SassyLady
03-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I had thought of it pertaining to Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny, but you're right... Suppose a kid brings in a few holiday cards for friends, and they say Happy Easter on them, and the child says "Happy Easter" to friends as he gives them the card and a small piece of candy. Do they suspend him?

Only if he uses them to represent a gun! :slap:

cadet
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Only if it pertains to Christians, otherwise they're being intolerant of the holiday of Ēostre. :laugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre