PDA

View Full Version : Does Obama ever do anything?

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Or are the American people here just to pay for him and his family to vacation? And people had the audacity to complain about GWB and golf!! Keep in mind, this short article is only a few months of this year, these people have been vacationing in all areas since his election, and about 5,000 rounds of golf too. With all of this vacationing - is it safe to assume the economy is back in order and everything cool on the home front?

In the first three months of the year, members of the first family have been on three vacations, averaging a vacation a month. And now it's being reported that the first daughters are on a spring break vacation in the Bahamas.

The Obamas began the new year in Hawaii. "President Obama departed Hawaii this morning for Washington, after spending NINE days vacationing with family and friends in his native state. Here’s a quick look at how he spent his vacation," ABC reported on January 6, 2013.

"Obama played FIVE rounds of golf with SEVEN different partners, spending roughly THIRTY hours on TWO different courses on Oahu. The president made FIVE early morning trips to the gym at the nearby Marine Base at Kaneohe Bay. The First Family spent TWO afternoons enjoying the beach on the base and went for ONE hike to a local waterfall. The president spent ONE father-daughter afternoon with Malia and Sasha, bowling and going out for shave ice, an annual tradition."

Then the first lady and their daughters vacationed in Aspen over President's Day weekend. "First Lady Michelle Obama arrived in Aspen on Friday afternoon and is here with her daughters for a ski vacation," Aspendailynews.com reported in February. "Few details about her trip were available. Sources said she is staying at the home of Jim and Paula Crown, owners of the Aspen Skiing Co. She is reportedly skiing at Buttermilk today, where the Crowns, of Chicago, own a home on the Tiehack side."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/more-vacation-month-obamas-2013_711998.html

Marcus Aurelius
03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
personally, I couldn't care less what Michelle and the girls do. As for the President, everyone needs to unwind now and then, but I fell he's taking it to an extreme.

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
personally, I couldn't care less what Michelle and the girls do. As for the President, everyone needs to unwind now and then, but I fell he's taking it to an extreme.

I don't care what the gals do either, but do when it's US who are paying for these non-stop trips, and security. 2 vacations a year would be MORE than enough. Add in the fact that Obama is supposed to be our leader, which sometimes means leading by example, not using taxpayers funds to go on vacation after vacation after vacation.

I would LOVE for someone to tally up the costs of ALL these vacations and security numbers. Just how much have we paid?

Syrenn
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
don't even get me started!

he and his family... and all the security and support....took over my spa. I had the displeasure of being up front and personal to all of that SHIT for 3 days.

aboutime
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Other than LYING?

Nothing!

gabosaurus
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Here's how Mr. Obama stacks up against more recent Presidents, if he keeps pace with 168 vacation days over eight years. President George W. Bush took all or part of 297 days at his Texas ranch. Bill Clinton took 174 days at Martha's Vineyard and Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and Ronald Reagan vacationed 349 days at his California ranch over eight years.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20509217/how-president-obamas-vacation-time-stacks-up

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
BIG difference between spending time at ones own home at no cost to taxpayers, as opposed to having your family jet all over the world with the SS in tow.

Marcus Aurelius
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
BIG difference between spending time at ones own home at no cost to taxpayers, as opposed to having your family jet all over the world with the SS in tow.

For Bush, he was also 'working' while on those 'vacations'. As in, in contact with the White House most of the time.... teleconferencing, etc.

Robert A Whit
03-27-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/20509217/how-president-obamas-vacation-time-stacks-up

gabosaurus Here's how Mr. Obama stacks up against more recent Presidents, if he keeps pace with 168 vacation days over eight years. President George W. Bush took all or part of 297 days at his Texas ranch. Bill Clinton took 174 days at Martha's Vineyard and Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and Ronald Reagan vacationed 349 days at his California ranch over eight years.

Are you on vacation when home? Do you, as Bush did, have all you need on premises to keep doing your job? Bush actually took very few vacations. I don't call doing your job from home a vacation.

When Clinton was at Martha's vineyard, he was not working from home. It would not be so bad but your side whined all the time that Bush worked at the Crawford property, including major meetings with his cabinet, with top military commanders and indeed worked with world leaders who appreciated the opportunity to see how normal people live and can do the task as well from home as in the DC home.

We hear so little of Obama being in DC working I don't get your problem at all.

03-27-2013, 03:21 PM

I care what they do when tax payer money is being spent.

And yes Obama does stuff. he plays golf all the time.

gabosaurus
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Perhaps Obama is not wealthy enough to have a vacation home like Bush and Reagan. And obviously a president is in full contact with his staff in DC at all times.

Reagan took 349 days of vacation? That is practically an entire year. I never realized how lazy and out of touch Reagan was during his presidency.

aboutime
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Perhaps Obama is not wealthy enough to have a vacation home like Bush and Reagan. And obviously a president is in full contact with his staff in DC at all times.

Reagan took 349 days of vacation? That is practically an entire year. I never realized how lazy and out of touch Reagan was during his presidency.

Gee. How familiar those excuses sound. Almost as if the person who said them was presenting an Autobiographical memory for all of us.

Marcus Aurelius
03-27-2013, 03:56 PM

dumbass...

When Ronald Reagan was criticized for making frequent trips to his California ranch in 1985, he deflected naysayers with a line from his wife.

"I think Nancy put it best: Presidents don't get vacations. They just get a change of scenery," said Reagan, who by then had spent 12 percent of his time as president at his mountaintop ranch near Santa Barbara.
"And you're still president," Reagan told the Santa Barbara News-Press that year. "The job goes with you."
Naturally, the retort did not silence his detractors.

Marcus Aurelius
03-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Also...

All Presidents take vacations, and, in terms of frequency, Reagan ranks somewhat lower than John F. Kennedy, who took one day of vacation for every 3 1/2 days in office...

03-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Yeah he is. We've been paying him more than enough money the past 4 years alone to afford a very nice vacation home. That's not including the money he was paid in the Senate and all of his book royalties etc.

I know lots of people who have vacation homes who arent anywhere near as wealthy as the President.

gabosaurus
03-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Just because you have the money doesn't mean you need to spend it.

And I guess the "job" went with Reagan and Bush, but it never goes with Obama. Right? :rolleyes:
Some of you try really hard to only see one side of the story. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
What matters to us taxpayers is what the ridiculous spending costs us. Time off of the White House doesn't cost us, but vacationing to foreign countries and such does. And some would bicker over which President had more vacation days - I'm willing to bet this first lady has spent and cost us more than pretty much all first ladies added together. The amount spent on Michelle alone is staggering. There have been many reports over the past few years of extravagant spending by her, and the WH denies of course. Previously, Michelle had spent 1/9th of her time out on vacation. She beats the men! I'd have no issue with this if we weren't continually footing the bill.

03-27-2013, 05:14 PM

And I guess the "job" went with Reagan and Bush, but it never goes with Obama. Right?
Some of you try really hard to only see one side of the story. :rolleyes:

no one said you had to spend you. You just argued that he doesnt have the money for a vacation home. It's blatantly false.

Robert A Whit
03-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Bush lived in Crawford. After he left office, the Crawford property became a second home, probably a vacation home. As to a president being in contact with staff, why bother being at the white house if that is true. The reason it worked for Bush is that full presidential facilityes were at Crawford. Obama can't have full facilities flitting all over the world as he takes multiple vacations. There is no point to a vacation if you work at the site. Which is why I said Bush had few real vacations. Reagan as I recall it did not have the full facilities of government at the ranch in CA. Well, clearly you see Obama as lazy and out of touch and I agree with that view.

It seems Reagan took off a lot but did you call Kennedy lazy and out of touch as you do to the other presidents.

There is a huge difference in presidents having the ability to sign laws, direct staff and forth as did Bush from his very well equipped property in Crawford and playing golf at Hawaii.

Perhaps you forgot that to Reagan, government may be part time and still function well.

red states rule
03-28-2013, 03:37 AM
Or are the American people here just to pay for him and his family to vacation? And people had the audacity to complain about GWB and golf!! Keep in mind, this short article is only a few months of this year, these people have been vacationing in all areas since his election, and about 5,000 rounds of golf too. With all of this vacationing - is it safe to assume the economy is back in order and everything cool on the home front?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/more-vacation-month-obamas-2013_711998.html

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10816220130327075500.jpg

SassyLady
03-28-2013, 02:10 PM

You are right Gabby, he doesn't need to spend his money because he is spending taxpayer money. I'll bet that even if he had a "vacation home" he wouldn't spend his vacations there. He is clearly taking advantage of being the president and using taxpayer money. We all know that he doesn't believe it's our money, but is the government's money. We are definitely paying "our fair share" of his vacations.

Robert A Whit
03-28-2013, 03:22 PM
You are right Gabby, he doesn't need to spend his money because he is spending taxpayer money. I'll bet that even if he had a "vacation home" he wouldn't spend his vacations there. He is clearly taking advantage of being the president and using taxpayer money. We all know that he doesn't believe it's our money, but is the government's money. We are definitely paying "our fair share" of his vacations.

Don't forget ... Obama believes he is OWED. He will milk this job for all the perks and then some.

red states rule
03-30-2013, 04:25 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10819220130328120100.jpg