PDA

View Full Version : What a day !!!

Jeff
03-29-2013, 12:58 AM
Today started with me getting a nerve stimulator removed , it was just a trial but it worked great it took all the pain from the middle of my back all the way down to my feet away, good news is they are going to place a permanent one in as soon as the surgeon schedules it , bad news they explained how they do it LOL
Then it was off to my children's school they had a graduation from a champs program and my 11 year old won first place in a essay competition ( yes I am very proud of him )
Then the youngest had baseball practice where he was informed he will be the starting short stop and pitcher for the team ( there first game is tomorrow night at 8 and he is pitching ) that was at 6
Then at 8 my 11 year old had his first game ( he plays third base and made a couple great plays tonight ) we finally got home at 11 :30 tonight , ya have to love baseball season LOL
I will complain all season long but honestly I am very proud of these two boys , they have both been on either the Honor roll or principles list all year in fact last week they received there 3rd marking period report cards and both where on the principles list( straight A's) Also they both do great in sports , football Wyatt the 10 year old plays QB and outside linebacker Colt 11 plays center and middle line backer , they both love basketball and I have already covered baseball , but all there extra activities make me worn out, dang I am getting old :laugh:
On top of all this they have a program at school to encourage the kids to read , Colt has made the millionaires club the last two years, for this accomplishment he gets to go to a minor league baseball game ( the Gwinnett Braves ) and he also gets to take his parents with him, so I also will be going ( I love the minor league games they are a lot of fun)
OOO well I was just sitting here realizing how proud I am of these two and figured I would share

Abbey Marie
03-29-2013, 01:33 AM
:beer: Sounds awesome, Jeff!

jimnyc
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Today started with me getting a nerve stimulator removed , it was just a trial but it worked great it took all the pain from the middle of my back all the way down to my feet away, good news is they are going to place a permanent one in as soon as the surgeon schedules it , bad news they explained how they do it

Dad told me this yesterday. That's awesome! It got rid of all the pain in the legs/feet? How do they attach it, rip you open and jam it in there? LOL

Then the youngest had baseball practice where he was informed he will be the starting short stop and pitcher for the team

Just like his Uncle Jimmy, I passed it down to him!

Kathianne
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh Jeff, so glad there's pain relief regardless of how they get it done! You and the missus just enjoy those kids through these years, they go through too quickly as you already know. You should be proud!

aboutime
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
What a GLORIOUS "GOOD FRIDAY" for you Jeff.

Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles will never know how GOOD you feel today.

Jeff
03-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Dad told me this yesterday. That's awesome! It got rid of all the pain in the legs/feet? How do they attach it, rip you open and jam it in there? LOL

Just like his Uncle Jimmy, I passed it down to him!

Jim the temporary one I had in this week is just pushed in with a type of needle and lays against the spine , they do this as they watch on a screen to make sure it is going right on the vertebra they want it hooked to, it looked to be about a foot long and then I wore a belt with the actually machine in it , I had a remote control that I could change the programs ( they had preset 4 to hit different parts of the spine as well as change the feeling I was getting ) and yes it took all the pain away, it seems that not only does this thing give you a 24/7 massage it also tricks the brain into not feeling the pain, the only time I shut it off was the two to three hours I sleep at night ( it was just to weird feeling that as I tried to sleep ) but then they made a mistake telling me how they will put the permanent one in , they cut a piece of the vertebra away and lay it in there ( so once scar tissue is built up it cant move ) and then the lead runs along the top of the spine and at the bottom it gets tucked in under the spine , there will be two leads in the permanent one instead of the one I had and the machine is placed in my back all I will have in hand is the remote and the company that designed this one ( Boston Scientific ) claims it will never move nor will the battery ever go bad ( I had a friend that also had this placed in her and she had trouble after a year with it moving and then after two years with the battery going bad but said it worked great for her ) well this company says none of that will happen and the battery inside actually recharges from my remote , ya put the remote in a cradle where it recharges and then once fully charges ya put it in your pocket and it charges the battery inside ( at least that is what I think she said after she told me about cutting the vertebra my mind wasn't with it to well LOL) but yes for the first time in years I walked around with no pain and God did it feel good, on the down side last night I went out to the field and could hardly walk I guess the pain felt ten times worse after being teased for two days LOL

AS for the boys following you maybe so but I think there Mom has something to do with it lol,