Abbey Marie
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Church, to contemplate this:

http://media.focusonthefamily.com/blogmedia/images/jim-daly/crosscalvary3.jpg

Voted4Reagan
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Church, to contemplate this:

http://media.focusonthefamily.com/blogmedia/images/jim-daly/crosscalvary3.jpg

Jesus forgave the criminal on the cross as he himself was dying...

Showing he died for all of us, regardless of weather we were perfect or not.

Sums it all up.. We can all be forgiven

jimnyc
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Jesus forgave the criminal on the cross as he himself was dying...

Showing he died for all of us, regardless of weather we were perfect or not.

Sums it all up.. We can all be forgiven

I just watched "Passion of the Christ" a few months back.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" - A small part of the movie but VERY powerful.

Abbey Marie
03-29-2013, 04:32 PM
What a great service- three hours went by so quickly. Various pastors preached on the last seven phrases Jesus uttered before he died.

"Forgive them Father for they know not what they do".
"This day you will be with me in paradise" (to one of the thieves).
"Woman, here is your son" (about John). And to John, "Here is your mother".
"I thirst".
"It is finished" (his mission to bring salvation).
"Into your hands I commend my spirit".

So powerful.
And of course the Centurion who upon seeing how Christ died, said "Surely this man was the Son of God".

Robert A Whit
03-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Abbey, once again I appreciate your posts. You are so kind that you NEVER attack me or my posts. Bless you Abbey.

I so much enjoy your class, how great you are as a poster. The forum should follow you and not present posts that are hateful.

I am happy you enjoyed church services.

I have to find out again why Jesus refused to help a person on the Cross that supposedly when Christ died, that guys sins would also be removed.

I plan to revisit my bible to see if I can understand him forgiving one on the cross but not the second.

Abbey Marie
03-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Abbey, once again I appreciate your posts. You are so kind that you NEVER attack me or my posts. Bless you Abbey.

I so much enjoy your class, how great you are as a poster. The forum should follow you and not present posts that are hateful.

I have to find out again why Jesus refused to help a person on the Cross that supposedly when Christ died, that guys sins would also be removed.

I plan to revisit my bible to see if I can understand him forgiving one on the cross but not the second.

I need to study more, too.
The Bible tells us that only one of the thieves said to Christ, "Remember me when you come into your kingdom". Therby confessing faith in Him.

Robert A Whit
03-29-2013, 07:12 PM
I need to study more, too.
The Bible tells us that only one of the thieves said to Christ, "Remember me when you come into your kingdom". Therby confessing faith in Him.

From Matthew:(note, to save space and summarize)

Robbers on cross. (Matthew 27:41) Both robbers heaped insults on Jesus

Jesus death (27:45) Jesus asked why God forsake him then died.

Mark 15:32 ... Those crucified with Jesus also heaped insults on Jesus.

Luke 23:39 One Robber Insulted Jesus to save him and Jesus and the other robber. Second Robber said to robber that insulted him .. 23:40 Don't you fear GOD abd WE are justly punished but Jesus did no wrong.

John does not mention the robbers abusing Jesus and says Jesus took liquid vinegar and died. I found no dialogue about the robbers speaking.

I dunno, this is one reason I told a poster that the gospels varied.

03-29-2013, 11:43 PM

You can reread the Bible, but it wont necessarily tell you what you want. Seek the Holy Spirit He can reveal to you things beyond the text. I am not saying don't read the Bible. Quite the opposite, we all need to become more literate with the Bible. Im rereading it myself. But without the Spirit, all we read would be fruitless.

Try to get to church too;)