PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion

jimnyc
03-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Disgusting. It's bad enough that some would argue for late term abortions. But I'm sorry, if a baby is out and on the table, ALIVE, and struggling. I think they should have a duty to give this baby the best care possible, even if it means going to a hospital.

Florida legislators considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion were shocked during a committee hearing this week when a Planned Parenthood official endorsed a right to post-birth abortion.

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.

"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.

Rep. Daniel Davis then asked Snow, "What happens in a situation where a baby is alive, breathing on a table, moving. What do your physicians do at that point?”

"I do not have that information," Snow replied. "I am not a physician, I am not an abortion provider. So I do not have that information.”

Rep. Jose Oliva followed up, asking the Planned Parenthood official, "You stated that a baby born alive on a table as a result of a botched abortion that that decision should be left to the doctor and the family. Is that what you’re saying?”

Again, Snow replied, “That decision should be between the patient and the health care provider.”

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qEv1afKaLhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-planned-parenthood-official-argues-right-post-birth-abortion_712198.html

hjmick
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
I read this earlier today...

For the most part I am ambivelant with regard to the abortion issue. I have three daughters, and after much soul searching I have come to the conclusion that, though it wouldn't be the first choice I would necessarily want them to make (though at least one of them should never be allowed to reproduce), I am not opposed to it being an option for them. But this? This disturbs and disgusts me in equal measure...

Kathianne
03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
I posted about this before the election of 2008 and 2012: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80013.html
Barack Obama the abortion extremist By: Rich Lowry August 23, 2012 04:33 AM EDT

If NARAL has a man of the year award, it should go to Todd Akin.

Not only did the newly minted Missouri Senate candidate express his position on abortion in the most discrediting way possible, he threatens Republican hopes to take the Senate. By throwing away a winnable seat, he could preserve a Democratic majority that will sooner desecrate the American flag on the Senate floor than restrict abortion in any manner.

Predictably, the Akin flap has created a feeding frenzy. In recent days, the national political debate has seemingly telescoped down to the question of whether abortion should be legal in cases of rape and incest. The Republican platform is silent on these exceptions, while Paul Ryan opposes them, stoking Democratic attacks and media analysis about the renewal of the fabled “war on women.”

The Democrats and the press habitually travel in a pack, but never more so than when a social or cultural issue is involved, especially one touching on sexual morality. Then, it’s not a matter of mere partisanship or a rooting interest. It’s personal.

From a strictly down-the-middle, neutral perspective, if one side of a debate is “extreme,” the opposite and countervailing side is equally “extreme.” It would never even occur to the media to apply this standard to abortion. Under the guise of upholding abortion rights, Barack Obama could favor denying legal protection to babies after they are born and the press wouldn’t bat an eyelash. In fact—he did.

In the Illinois legislature, he opposed the “Born-Alive Infants Protection Act” three times. The bill recognized babies born after attempted abortions as persons and required doctors to give them care. Obama’s stalwart opposition to the bill came up during the 2008 campaign, and his team responded with a farrago of obfuscation and distortions.

The bill was supposedly redundant. Except it wasn’t. Protections for infants who survived abortions were shot through with loopholes, which is why the bill was offered in the first place. (Abortion doctors were leaving infants to die without any care.) The bill was supposedly a threat to abortion rights. Except it wasn’t. Obama opposed a version that stipulated it didn’t affect the legal status of infants still in the womb. ...

revelarts
03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
the same logic applies to the born or unborn.
is the child wanted? is it a burden?
those are the reasons for abortion. the location of the child is only an arbitrary line.

this is not the slippery slope it is what's ALWAYS been inherent in legalized abortion.
Inside the womb out side the womb it is and always has been a human baby.
The womb has just been a dark cover for the murders they now want to bring out into the light.

Marcus Aurelius
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
PP is comprised of a bunch of sick fucks.

cadet
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
So we're talking about murder here... Not even covered up with sweet words either.
What next? How long post birth abortion? 17 years old and a burden, so abort him/her? Or are they just going to make the cutoff date when they start walking or talking?

These people sicken me.

Robert A Whit
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Disgusting. It's bad enough that some would argue for late term abortions. But I'm sorry, if a baby is out and on the table, ALIVE, and struggling. I think they should have a duty to give this baby the best care possible, even if it means going to a hospital.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-planned-parenthood-official-argues-right-post-birth-abortion_712198.html

Jim, as disgusting as that is, and on CSPAN yesterday, they yanked out the old tired approvals for abortion again, a well known professor around the Clinton era has proposed and lectured on the approval he has to kill kids up to about age 5. He says a lot of kids simply should die with the parents agreeing they must die. I have not mentioned this since Clinton I believe so I plan to hunt this mans name to expose his ideas.

Robert A Whit
03-29-2013, 03:46 PM
PP is comprised of a bunch of sick fucks.

I gotta tell you, based only on your hateful diatribes, I have felt for some time you probably were born there. I swear, some of that crap rubbed off on you.

Abbey Marie
03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
John 11:35 would work so well here:

"Jesus wept".