PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

revelarts
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
in the midst of it all
...Happy Easter Everyone....

from
1 Corinthians 15
" Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by one man came death, by one man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
The last enemy that will be abolished is death. "

John 20: 24-31
Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. "

RISE AGAIN - DALLAS HOLM - YouTube

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WkIJfLfzZ0w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Happy Easter to you, Rev and everyone else on DP!

http://i.imgur.com/lTqL5PM.jpg

Jeff
03-31-2013, 07:28 AM
I hope all have a beautiful Easter , enjoy the family day and dont forget to thank God because through him all is possible without him nothing is

PostmodernProphet
03-31-2013, 07:53 AM
it was kind of sad to log on the computer this morning and see that Google had decided to highlite Caesar Chavez' birthday today instead of Easter......a sign of the times......

jimnyc
03-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Once again, Happy Easter to all of you!

http://i.imgur.com/gNmiTWe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IE7KR45.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
ABC had a roundtable discussion today purportedly about Easter, with various non-christians and progressive "christians", and even an atheist chiming in. Typical joke network discussion of Christianity, but on Easter it seemed especially wrong. But, there you go, as PMP said, sign of the times. It only serves to strenghten my faith.

Robert A Whit
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
ABC had a roundtable discussion today purportedly about Easter, with various non-christians and progressive "christians", and even an atheist chiming in. Typical joke network discussion of Christianity, but on Easter it seemed especially wrong. But, there you go, as PMP said, sign of the times. It only serves to strenghten my faith.

I saw that. I flip back and forth from that to Meet the press and the topic I am most interested in gets me to hang around a bit.

These jerks spend more time defending homosexual marriage than they do on the important things. Such as the meaning of Easter.

gabosaurus
03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Went to Sunrise services, then to our regular services. Then an Easter picnic lunch. Twas wonderful and inspiring.

Robert A Whit
03-31-2013, 05:02 PM
First, I am a strong believer in Jesus. But the below by Revelarts got my curiosity up.

from Revelarts
1 Corinthians 15
" Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.

OK, this is serious.

Jesus was raised from the dead.

So, why did he return to to the dead?

It seems to be a waste of effort to remove him from the dead only to make him dead again. Bear in mind that once, they had the body tucked safely away. At least they thought he was tucked away safely.

I would have let him hang around a few more years and tell the Romans, "tough luck you punks. I survived."

gabosaurus
03-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Read the Bible. You will understand.

Robert A Whit
03-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Read the Bible. You will understand.

Since I did read it, do read it, if that was all it took, don't you suppose I would never have asked?