Dallas Got....

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/16/rom0wn3d.gif

darin
01-07-2007, 12:59 AM
In case you'd like a different angle:

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/16/rom0wn3d2.gif

jimnyc
01-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I cannot believe their season has ended because of a mistake on one of the most fundamental parts of the game! Romo went from hero this year to complete goat!

Congrats to the 'Hawks!

Gunny
01-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I cannot believe their season has ended because of a mistake on one of the most fundamental parts of the game! Romo went from hero this year to complete goat!

Congrats to the 'Hawks!

The Seahawks don't deserve congratulations. They played a crappy game and didn't earn a victory. They ought to take the Cowboys out for steaks for basically handing them a win, gift-wrapped on a silver platter.

The game, IMO, wasn't lost solely on Romo's mishandling the snap at the end. The fumble out of the end zone was just as bad, as was the nonexistent pass defense.

But all in all, no matter who the owner, coach, and/or players are for the Dallas Cowboys, throughout thei rhistory they have shown an uncanny knack for being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Going to be kind of hard for Romo to be "Mr Leader" next year after that little display he put on at the end.:)

Nienna
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I saw this game! :D It was pretty exciting, and I felt really sorry for that Romo guy. :( We were rooting for Dallas, but I had a feeling the Seahawks were going to win. I think they will go to the SuperBowl.

Dilloduck
01-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I saw this game! :D It was pretty exciting, and I felt really sorry for that Romo guy. :( We were rooting for Dallas, but I had a feeling the Seahawks were going to win. I think they will go to the SuperBowl.

Wanna bet !!!! :laugh:

Nienna
01-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Wanna bet !!!! :laugh:

What? Was last night the game that determined that they will definitely go? Or are you just rooting for another team?

darin
01-07-2007, 01:25 PM
The Seahawks don't deserve congratulations. They played a crappy game and didn't earn a victory. They ought to take the Cowboys out for steaks for basically handing them a win, gift-wrapped on a silver platter.

The team which DESERVES to win is the team which makes the fewest mistakes. ;)

Dilloduck
01-07-2007, 01:45 PM
What? Was last night the game that determined that they will definitely go? Or are you just rooting for another team?

More playoff games to come, Nienna. They got a ways to go to get to the super bowl. No favorite team--just calling em as I see em. Wanna bet?

Nienna
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
More playoff games to come, Nienna. They got a ways to go to get to the super bowl. No favorite team--just calling em as I see em. Wanna bet?

LOL! No way! :D I don't know much about football. I'm mostly in it for the snuggling on the couch. ;)

darin
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
here ya go!!

http://www.hotlinkthis.com/albums/data/502/cowgirls.gif

CockySOB
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Y'know dmp, that clip just never gets old....

dan
01-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Y'know dmp, that clip just never gets old....

I hate to say it, but they must have shown that clip 30 times on TV last night, and my friends and I laughed our asses off every single time. We think Romo'd should replace Munson'd (from Kingpin).

Still, it sucks that Romo played a decent game, and the only thing he'll be remembered for from the whole season is that play. Oh, well, hope Jessica Simpson likes guys with butterfingers!

darin
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Word is Jessica Simpson is SO last month - now he's banging Carrie Underwood.

wow.

:)

Gunny
01-07-2007, 08:06 PM
The team which DESERVES to win is the team which makes the fewest mistakes. ;)

No, that would be the team that has the higher score; which, was basically handed to them by the Cowboys. Hell, they even scored two of the points FOR Seattle.

I was less than impressed by either team.

dan
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Word is Jessica Simpson is SO last month - now he's banging Carrie Underwood.

Well, at least these girls are going after a pretty decent guy. I'm sick of famous girls going after retards like Kevin Federline or Fred Durst.

darin
01-07-2007, 09:26 PM
No, that would be the team that has the higher score; which, was basically handed to them by the Cowboys. Hell, they even scored two of the points FOR Seattle.

I was less than impressed by either team.

Right - But HOW did seattle get that safety? It wasn't a Dallas mistake - it was a FANTASTIC Play by Seattle's CB Kelly Jennings. Honestly, it was MORE important the ruling was 'safety' rather than TD. IF Seattle had scored a TD, which won the game for seattle because if a TD meant seattle would have been TIED with Dallas - 20 to 20. Then, Seattle would have had to give the ball back. :( the 15-20 game ensured a seattle lead.

TALK about Clutch? I wonder if Seattle secretly replaced #86 with Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs. :)

01-08-2007, 09:10 AM
What's it matter? Dallas sucks anyway. The only reason they even made it into the playoffs is because they didnt choke till later in the season then they usually do.

5stringJeff
01-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm happy the Seahawks beat the crappy-ass Cowboys.

However, I'm not very optimistic about playing the Bears.

Gunny
01-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Right - But HOW did seattle get that safety? It wasn't a Dallas mistake - it was a FANTASTIC Play by Seattle's CB Kelly Jennings. Honestly, it was MORE important the ruling was 'safety' rather than TD. IF Seattle had scored a TD, which won the game for seattle because if a TD meant seattle would have been TIED with Dallas - 20 to 20. Then, Seattle would have had to give the ball back. :( the 15-20 game ensured a seattle lead.

TALK about Clutch? I wonder if Seattle secretly replaced #86 with Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs. :)

GMAFB. The receiver mishandled the ball. So did half the Seattle defense; hence, the safety rather than a TD.

Nothing fantastic about a CB being where he's supposed to be.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Be it the Cowboys or Seahawks, the only place they're going after this weekend is HOME.:beer:

darin
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM
GMAFB. The receiver mishandled the ball. So did half the Seattle defense; hence, the safety rather than a TD.

Nothing fantastic about a CB being where he's supposed to be.

Doesn't really matter anyway. Be it the Cowboys or Seahawks, the only place they're going after this weekend is HOME.:beer:

So you didn't see Jennings PUNCH the ball out from the WR's grasp? You are honestly saying that play was an error on the WR's part, NOT a good play by the CB? did you watch the same game I did? The safety was BETTER than getting a TD anyway. :)

Don't be to sure - Any...given...sunday... :)

Gunny
01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
So you didn't see Jennings PUNCH the ball out from the WR's grasp? You are honestly saying that play was an error on the WR's part, NOT a good play by the CB? did you watch the same game I did? The safety was BETTER than getting a TD anyway. :)

Don't be to sure - Any...given...sunday... :)

Naw, afraid I left my Seattle Seahawks colored glasses at home.

May be "any given Sunday," but it won't be this one. Hope it works out for you (not really -- I never have liked the Seahawks). At any rate, I won't be watching. Half of the third and the fourth quarter of the Dallas Seattle game was the beginning and the end of my pro football watching season.

When players started playing for the money, then free agency came along, it kind of ruined the game of pro football for me.

darin
01-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Naw, afraid I left my Seattle Seahawks colored glasses at home.

May be "any given Sunday," but it won't be this one. Hope it works out for you (not really -- I never have liked the Seahawks). At any rate, I won't be watching. Half of the third and the fourth quarter of the Dallas Seattle game was the beginning and the end of my pro football watching season.

When players started playing for the money, then free agency came along, it kind of ruined the game of pro football for me.

It's VERY funny when people take the VERY easy prediction. For somebody who doesn't like Pro ball, you seem to have 'some' games figured out. You're cynical - but I think you're that way just because a team you may like isn't in the playoffs.

Gunny
01-08-2007, 11:23 PM
It's VERY funny when people take the VERY easy prediction. For somebody who doesn't like Pro ball, you seem to have 'some' games figured out. You're cynical - but I think you're that way just because a team you may like isn't in the playoffs.

The games are easy to figure out because I played football from age ten-18, then from 21-26 in the Corps. It's a game of strategy, and I've spent most of my life studying strategy and tactics, not just professionally, but as a hobby.

My growing lack of interest has been for the reasons I mentioned. When I was a kid, players weren't in it for money. Look it up. Pro football players didn't make squat until the mid-late 70s. When they started playing for money instead of love of the game, it lost something.

Free agency exacerbated that because there is no longer team loyalty from the players, nor player loyalty from the fans. I like the players that started with my teams and ended with my teams. Now like as not, the MVP this year will be playing for the most hated rival next season.

Teams pretty-much get to and win the Superbowl by luck as much as anything else. It takes 2-3 years to actually build a team that works. With the revolving door, that 2-3 year mesh of players is the result of getting lucky with free agency.

The game changed, and not for the better, IMO.

And dude, I get a perverse pleasure when the Cowboys lose. They may be one of my favorite teams, but I get just as much satsifaction from Jerry Jones losing as I do the Cowboys winning.;)

01-08-2007, 11:35 PM
The games are easy to figure out because I played football from age ten-18, then from 21-26 in the Corps. It's a game of strategy, and I've spent most of my life studying strategy and tactics, not just professionally, but as a hobby.

I know this is kind of a side, but what books do you recommend in studying strategy and tactics. Ive been researching alittle myself cause I figure if i understand it, its more power to me. More power is more freedom as far as im concerned.

Gunny
01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I know this is kind of a side, but what books do you recommend in studying strategy and tactics. Ive been researching alittle myself cause I figure if i understand it, its more power to me. More power is more freedom as far as im concerned.

The very FIRST book I would recommend is "Tsun Tzu: The Art of War." It's pretty widely available, and is excellent. There's a lot of psychology involved.

And really, I can't recommend individual books other than that. The reason is, no matter what books I've read, I've taken something away from them. Who won and why, and who lost and why.

Hitler had some of the best generals in the world and if he had let them conduct his wars we might all be speaking German right now. Rommel was one of the very best, and Patton studied Rommel and used the knowledge to defeat him. Rommel's desert strategies and tactics are still studied and used today.

Robert E Lee was probably one of history's best strategists and tacticians. The Battle of Chancellorville is still a textbook example of splitting a numerically inferior force and defeating the enemy with a pincers movement.

Desert Storm 91 is a textbook example of a feint followed by a pincers movement, and the use of combined arms.

I'd just start by googling "basic strategies and tactics" and seeing what comes up. Once you get the basics down, then the battles and Commanders and their decisions make sense. Or don't. Burnside at Fredericksburg comes to mind for the latter.

01-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Ive read the Art of War, but Ive actually been wanting to reread it. Im not sure i have a really good translation though. I have it with the Book of Five Rings in my book pile. ill just have to find it.

CockySOB
01-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Sun Tzu's "Ping Fa" (also known as "The Art of War") is a solid read on strategy and tactics.

Miyamoto Mushashi's "Go Rin No Sho" (also known as "The Book of Five Rings") encompasses strategy and tactics quite well, and it includes more coverage of the life philosophies.

I also enjoy reading some of the quotes and teachings of Morihei Ueshiba (founder of Aikido, "the Art of Peace"). In fact, most martial arts (as opposed to combat arts) coordinate strategy and tactics in their philosophies. So exploring the origins of various martial arts will probably lead you to some insights as well.

Gunny
01-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Sun Tzu's "Ping Fa" (also known as "The Art of War") is a solid read on strategy and tactics.

Miyamoto Mushashi's "Go Rin No Sho" (also known as "The Book of Five Rings") encompasses strategy and tactics quite well, and it includes more coverage of the life philosophies.

I also enjoy reading some of the quotes and teachings of Morihei Ueshiba (founder of Aikido, "the Art of Peace"). In fact, most martial arts (as opposed to combat arts) coordinate strategy and tactics in their philosophies. So exploring the origins of various martial arts will probably lead you to some insights as well.

I see you have been into my bookshelf.

However, it is philosophical disagreement time. Asian martial arts are founded in combat arts. Karate-do was once called "karate-jutsu." Aiki-do -- Aiki-jutsu. "Do" meaning "way of life", "jutsu" meaning "fighting art."

Much of this came about following WWII when practicing Asian martial arts was outlawed as it was believed they fostered the martial spirit that at least was part of the cause of Japanese aggression.

Musashi is definitely a good read. What Tsun Tzu and Musashi emphasize is the psychological aspect of knowing yourself and knowing your enemy. I was trying to answer his question without a dissertation.:) Bruce Lee also promoted this aspect in Jeet kun do -- anticipating your enemy's next move and striking first.

Basic troop movements are available to anyone; which, is why I emphasized the philosophical side.

CockySOB
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I totally agree Gunny. Philosophy is the main component of strategy and tactics. And proper understanding (as we know) is as much a weapon as a spear or a sword.