PDA

View Full Version : This person would drive me nuts

tailfins
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130326165036-7668018-10-things-to-do-every-workday

Imagine if this were forced on you, especially if you're a technical person. What if you're trying to manipulate an object at runtime and have to catch it before it disappears? In other words, what if you're trying to accomplish something that necessitates 600 trial-and-error iterations while some perception manager like this interrupts you while you're trying not to lose your place? ARRRGGGHHH!!

It’s the list of ten things I try to do every workday. Yes, there are days when I don’t get them all done, but I do my best to deliver. It has proven very effective for me. They are:

Read something related to my industry.
Read something related to business development.
Send two emails to touch base with old colleagues.
Empty my private client inbox by responding to all career coaching questions within one business day.
Check in with each team member on their progress.
Have a short non-work related conversation with every employee.
Review my top three goals for my company that are focused on its growth.
Identify and execute one task to support each of my top three goals.
Post five valuable pieces of content on all my major social media accounts.
Take a full minute to appreciate what I have and how far I’ve come.

This list could be longer. BUT...

aboutime
04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130326165036-7668018-10-things-to-do-every-workday

Imagine if this were forced on you, especially if you're a technical person. What if you're trying to manipulate an object at runtime and have to catch it before it disappears? In other words, what if you're trying to accomplish something that necessitates 600 trial-and-error iterations while some perception manager like this interrupts you while you're trying not to lose your place? ARRRGGGHHH!!

It took more than 1000 tries before Edison arrived at an operable lightbulb.

If somebody bothers you that much that prevents you from accomplishing what you want.

You are working at the wrong place.

Persistence is the rule, despite all of the possible interruptions you claim to have.

It's a test of your ability to overcome the challenges. Are you strong enough, or Not???

Remember..."You can't always get what you want!"

http://youtu.be/XIX0ZDqDljA

cadet
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
It took more than 1000 tries before Edison arrived at an operable lightbulb.

If somebody bothers you that much that prevents you from accomplishing what you want.

You are working at the wrong place.

Persistence is the rule, despite all of the possible interruptions you claim to have.

It's a test of your ability to overcome the challenges. Are you strong enough, or Not???

I tried using the Edison thing when I told my mom I learned how NOT to make coffee :laugh:

Turns out travel mugs have a thin coat of stainless steel, and the plastic handles melt.
(And microwaves are cooler when you make mistakes.)