PDA

View Full Version : Man - or woman?

jimnyc
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Remember the cuckoo who changed from a "man" into a "woman" and ended up having kids? He was known worldwide as the 'pregnant man'. He/She made tons of money making appearances and basically bragging about his accomplishments. Now it comes back to haunt "it". A judge won't grant a divorce for "it". This is what happens when you allow someone with a screwed up head to play games and make believe they are somehow "normal".

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie is PISSED after a judge refused to grant him a divorce from his estranged wife -- and tells TMZ he's willing to take the fight all the way to the Supreme Court.

Beatie, a transgender male, is appealing a decision handed down Friday ... when a judge in AZ denied his divorce from Nancy Beatie -- on the grounds the marriage was NEVER legal since Beatie couldn't prove he was a man during their nuptials ... and the state doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.
Beatie tells TMZ he's not giving up the fight, his attorneys are already drafting up the appeal -- and he'll go the Supreme Court if that's what it takes.

He explains, "This is personal. This ruling is an attack on my person, my identity, and my family. It's sad and embarrassing that Judge Gerlach is more focused on wanting to delegitimize my children than legitimize my family."

Beatie continues, "The judge is obviously uncomfortable with me. He has a problem with me having a legal male identity and using my internal organs to start a family."

You'll recall ... the judge made it clear from the beginning​, he had issues with the validity of Beatie's marriage based on the fact that while married he bore the couple's 3 children ... something no man could do.

But Beatie is adamant, the issue is MUCH bigger than his divorce ... "This is not Beatie versus Beatie. This is the State of AZ versus transgender people, human reproductive rights, and fairness under the law."

FYI -- Beatie was born a woman, but began a sex change in 1997. He married Nancy in 2003 in Hawaii. He filed for divorce in April 2012, claiming Nancy was abusive. Allegations she denied.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/04/pregnant-man-thomas-beatie-divorce-appeal-supreme-court/

tailfins
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I agree with the ruling; but not the outrage either way. This is heading for the "be careful what you wish for" category for Beatie. The obvious legal outcome here is to declare that gender changes are not legally complete unless the original reproductive capability is disabled. If an ex-male can't keep his nuts, why should an ex-female be able to keep her ovaries? Equal treatment under the law, right?

Syrenn
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I agree with the ruling; but not the outrage either way. This is heading for the "be careful what you wish for" category for Beatie. The obvious legal outcome here is to declare that gender changes are not legally complete unless the original reproductive capability is disabled. If an ex-male can't keep his nuts, why should an ex-female be able to keep her ovaries? Equal treatment under the law, right?

i agree... if the surgery is not complete... then all they are is a person who had boob job cosmetic surgery. There is no change of "sex" if they retain any part of the original sex.