PDA

View Full Version : Turtle burgers!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/390630_2736663905289_1379856842_n.jpg

No not real turtles. Beef patties wrapped in bacon with hot dog legs.
None of which is on my diet but I bet they taste good. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-05-2013, 11:03 AM
That's torture for me. I'm unsuccessfully trying to diet - and those little turtles look like heaven!

NT'sGirl
04-05-2013, 11:15 AM
If it were Beer Brats not hot dogs I would go for it...

Syrenn
04-05-2013, 11:17 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/390630_2736663905289_1379856842_n.jpg

it cracks me up every time i see these things!

Voted4Reagan
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
it cracks me up every time i see these things!

mmmmmmmmmm----------bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!

aboutime
04-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Tyr. Though that looks like a great, tasty meal. I would now have to call them Heart-attack burgers. Shucks...why not enjoy life?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2013, 05:47 PM
mmmmmmmmmm----------bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thought exactly. Bacon is a no/no in my diet. I sho' do miss my bacon!!!! My biscuit and gravy too!!! :laugh:
Better to laugh about it than cry..--Tyr

tailfins
04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
My thought exactly. Bacon is a no/no in my diet. I sho' do miss my bacon!!!! My biscuit and gravy too!!! :laugh:

My wife refuses to make biscuits and gravy, unwilling to be an accomplice to an early death. When she wants a Saturday or Sunday off in the kitchen, we go to CRACKER Barrel (yes they have them here in Yankeeland) and the first thing I order is biscuits an' gravy. She gets catfish. I showed her catfish for sale in a fish market. She thinks toothless catfish look weird.

Robert A Whit
04-05-2013, 06:43 PM
If it were Beer Brats not hot dogs I would go for it...

In Berlin especially, I loved buying from street vendors those Bratwurst mit brot und senf.

I also loved eating brochen. God I miss those critters. Delicious.

The first time I stayed in a German gasthaus, coming back from Amsterdam, I came down for breakfast that was included with the room. I was waiting on the menu but in the meanwhile was eating some of the various breads that was on the table and loving some of the spreads. I finally asked the guy behind the counter, when will I see the menu. He said, in some almost non understandable German, you are eating breakfast and that is it.

When I was in Amsterdam, I had plenty of ham and eggs so I was still used to those meals.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
My wife refuses to make biscuits and gravy, unwilling to be an accomplice to an early death. When she wants a Saturday or Sunday off in the kitchen, we go to CRACKER Barrel (yes they have them here in Yankeeland) and the first thing I order is biscuits an' gravy. She gets catfish. I showed her catfish for sale in a fish market. She thinks toothless catfish look weird.

Man, Cracker Barrel has really good biscuit and gravy. Almost as good as my granny used to make. Cracker Barrel used to make a fine meatloaf too. Never had their catfish. Their breakfast offerings are quite good. We haven't ate breakfast there in about 4 years now. Wife prefers her filipino food too much. My wife also ordered fish when we went there for lunch or supper.

Robert A Whit
04-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Man, Cracker Barrel has really good biscuit and gravy. Almost as good as my granny used to make. Cracker Barrel used to make a fine meatloaf too. Never had their catfish. Their breakfast offerings are quite good. We haven't ate breakfast there in about 4 years now. Wife prefers her filipino food too much. My wife also ordered fish when we went there for lunch or supper.

Well, since I have not had food from the cracker barrel, now you guys did it. LMAO

I have to check to see if we have one and try some of those biscuits and gravy. I make awesome biscuits but the gravy I have made just scrapes by. :laugh:

I now recall where it is and shall check it out.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Well, since I have not had food from the cracker barrel, now you guys did it. LMAO

I have to check to see if we have one and try some of those biscuits and gravy. I make awesome biscuits but the gravy I have made just scrapes by. :laugh:

I now recall where it is and shall check it out.

Their meatloaf used to be fantastic... just sayin'. ;)

Robert A Whit
04-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Their meatloaf used to be fantastic... just sayin'. ;)

When I go by on Monday, i will try to remember to give a report. It may be that the German Deli was sold and is now called Cracker BBL. But it also may be on the opposite side and perhaps even includes Thai food. I used to love that Deli but then Erik's Deli come to town and that is now my deli. Erik's is one of those rare delis.

I don't want to make you hungry, but check out Erik's Deli.

http://www.eriksdelicafe.com/

Syrenn
04-05-2013, 10:38 PM

lol.... you dont have to miss it if you dont want to! I dare you! :lol:

http://mcphee.com/shop/bacongifts.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2013, 10:03 AM
lol.... you dont have to miss it if you dont want to! I dare you! :lol:

http://mcphee.com/shop/bacongifts.html

Saw this after eating a very late breakfast this morning. Guess what? I had bacon , eggs , crescent rolls, sliced apples and orange juice . Alas, no gravy!
My wife decided on a regular breakfast this morning. So I rather than eating left over from last night BakChoy decided to pig in with her. She only ever tried making gravy twice ,both times it sucked big time. Even she admitted that.
I just had a regular type breakfast, first time in over two years. I did so even before reading your dare. But I would have taken the dare regardless.
Man , was that breakfast ever so great!!-Tyr

Syrenn
04-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Saw this after eating a very late breakfast this morning. Guess what? I had bacon , eggs , crescent rolls, sliced apples and orange juice . Alas, no gravy!
My wife decided on a regular breakfast this morning. So I rather than eating left over from last night BakChoy decided to pig in with her. She only ever tried making gravy twice ,both times it sucked big time. Even she admitted that.
I just had a regular type breakfast, first time in over two years. I did so even before reading your dare. But I would have taken the dare regardless.
Man , was that breakfast ever so great!!-Tyr

woohoo!

anything in moderation is not going to hurt you. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
woohoo!

anything in moderation is not going to hurt you. ;)

HA!!! After my heart attack my doctor advised me to moderate(greatly reduce) my frequency of sex times with my wife.
None, zero , nada for 8 long , long tear-jerking weeks!! -:boohoo:

Don't tell me that didnt hurt like hell!
That was over two years ago and I am still pissed about having had to withhold so damn long...;)
Of course that being necessary made it the right choice but did not reduce the mental pain one little ounce.

Missing out on food doesn't even rate when compared to that!!
Although my oldest brother got to laugh about it as payback from when I teased him so long from his same ordeal from having had back surgery over 7 years ago.. -Tyr

tailfins
04-06-2013, 06:52 PM

My wife loves catfish, she was just concerned about them being unfit to eat since they apparently lost their teeth. Many Amazon catfish have teeth. Ours, of course don't.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
My wife loves catfish, she was just concerned about them being unfit to eat since they apparently lost their teeth. Many Amazon catfish have teeth. Ours, of course don't.

I used to be big on eating deep fried catfish but my diet caused me to find better more healthy fish to eat. Amazon catfish have teeth and have even snatched people to eat!!
Those babies get HUGE!-Tyr

Syrenn
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
ha!!! After my heart attack my doctor advised me to moderate(greatly reduce) my frequency of sex times with my wife.
None, zero , nada for 8 long , long tear-jerking weeks!! -:boohoo:

don't tell me that didnt hurt like hell!
that was over two years ago and i am still pissed about having had to withhold so damn long...;)
of course that being necessary made it the right choice but did not reduce the mental pain one little ounce.

Missing out on food doesn't even rate when compared to that!!
Although my oldest brother got to laugh about it as payback from when i teased him so long from his same ordeal from having had back surgery over 7 years ago.. -tyr

lol....

Robert A Whit
04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
I used to be big on eating deep fried catfish but my diet caused me to find better more healthy fish to eat. Amazon catfish have teeth and have even snatched people to eat!!
Those babies get HUGE!-Tyr

Catfish are awesome. It is that deep fat causing the problem.

One can cook fish in the oven too. Grilled properly, that works as well.