PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

Little-Acorn
04-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/05/travyon-martin-parents-settle-wrongful-death-claim/print

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

Robert A Whit
04-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/05/travyon-martin-parents-settle-wrongful-death-claim/print

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

This sue em crap seems to be prevalent all over America. I used to think only CA was so sue happy.

I may send you a note over something I know a lot about but some whine if I relate a personal story on the forum. So I won't allow them grist for their mill.

They are serious about keeping the amount a secret. They get paid by an insurance company so if the insurance company is willing to pay, and they pay to hold down lawyers costs and court costs, they have this figured in their premiums. And the clowns are clever. They let the parties see the agreement but then lock it up in a lawyers safe and after a period of time, destroy it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-05-2013, 07:30 PM

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

So the lying thieving scum made his parents rich while engaging in a crime. This is the state of the nation. That scum like that get a false justice and make money while attempting assault upon an innocent man! Were he white he would have got nothing , no coverage no national outrage and no money.
Very little justice exists in this nation . Its been subverted to appease and buy minority votes.
Damn glad the scum is dead myself. Too bad more thieving bastards like him aren't room temperature..:laugh2:--Tyr

Syrenn
04-05-2013, 10:40 PM
well look at that.... the little criminal turned out to be worth something to his parents after all.....

jimnyc
04-06-2013, 06:50 AM
According to their prior claims - Zimmerman had followed and hunted down their son, and then murdered him. Then they extort a cool million from someone who had nothing to do with it? What a shame that some see dollar signs even after losing a child.

red states rule
04-06-2013, 09:20 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/277/395/394.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-06-2013, 09:44 AM
According to their prior claims - Zimmerman had followed and hunted down their son, and then murdered him. Then they extort a cool million from someone who had nothing to do with it? What a shame that some see dollar signs even after losing a child.

I can speak directly about that. In 1976 my brother the youngest child in my family was 14 years old. The month after his 14th birthday he was visiting with a family that had 4 sons ages 7,9, 12 and 14. Their mother was my older brother's sister-in-law. That family had recently moved to the edge of town to a new home located on bank of the Saint Francis River.

The step dad , a shady character had wired an outside water pump himself not having a certified electrician do the work. That morning it was very hot so all the kids went to the river to swim. About noon they returned up the bank went to the pump to wash their feet before entering the house. They were just being boys pushing , shoving laughing until Monty push my baby brother too hard and he fell backward on top of the water pump. The step dad had made a mistake and not wired it correctly. It electrocuted my brother. Killed him right there.

After the investigation by authorities we find out the information about the step dad wiring the pump wrong and how he paid the city electrician to sign off on it. We definitely had a case for wrongful death against the step dad and the city electrician(city too) . As the city electrician came out while on the job and certified the electrical work!

We discussed as a family the suggestion that we sue . My family is a large one with 7 boys and 4 girls. Only one brother wanted to sue, the rest (me included) wanted no part of any money coming from my baby brother's death. And that was with the reality that we were not wealthy by any standard. Actually my Dad had died in 1969 and those 7 years had been really hard on my family financially.

None of us even to this day wish we had sued. It was an accident and only one brother ever wanted to sue . Myself it began a 9 year "don't give a damn if I die cycle". I survived that and look back on it as an ordeal that made me stronger.

That was 37 years ago and this is the first time I have ever openly spoke about this publicly. Only my dad dying when I was 15 ever hurt me more.

Life is tough sometimes and we have to adjust. My adjustment from that almost killed me before I recovered. Making money from it was never ever consideration from me. I loved my baby brother far more than I did myself. He truly was the best one in my family IMHO. So nice, well behaved, so popular with everybody in town, not tough as nails like the rest of us boys. -Tyr

red states rule
04-06-2013, 09:50 AM
http://incogman.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/TRAYVON-MARTIN-POSTER-FINAL-XPRT.jpg

Abbey Marie
04-06-2013, 11:18 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/277/395/394.jpg

Funny!

Better if Trayvon was portrayed as a baby- fetuses are almost always fair game. (And not a baby who survived a botched abortion, either[- soon to be fair game too).

red states rule
04-06-2013, 12:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XeGXG.jpg

Abbey Marie
04-06-2013, 02:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XeGXG.jpg

Alien v Predator! Love that movie.

taft2012
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Another Ghetto Lottery payout. Nothing new, nothing to see here.