PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shows

Jeff
04-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Yesterday I spent the day at a gun show ( what beautiful guns, kind of like looking at the sears catalog at christmas time when I was a kid ) what I learned there yesterday was Obama is without a doubt the best advertisement for Guns ammo and all things to do with self defense , This place was so crowded ya could barely move and the talk of the loophole at gun shows is at best idiotic , in order to but a gun at any of the vendors you had to fill out the proper paperwork and then they called in for the background check unless of course you posses a carry permit then you simply fill out the questionnaire and pay your money ( as you do at any gun shop ) the loophole they speak of was the four or five guys walking around with guns strapped to there back selling them as a private sale ( which can happen anywhere ) but back to the guns and Obama, guns that sold for $500 six months ago are now $800 ammo is so outrages it is unreal ( in many cases it has almost doubled in price ) and 9mm shells where almost impossible to find because they are such a common round

But all in all we had a blast got a couple new toys , stocked up on some needed things , yup a productive day ;)

red states rule
04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Yesterday I spent the day at a gun show ( what beautiful guns, kind of like looking at the sears catalog at christmas time when I was a kid ) what I learned there yesterday was Obama is without a doubt the best advertisement for Guns ammo and all things to do with self defense , This place was so crowded ya could barely move and the talk of the loophole at gun shows is at best idiotic , in order to but a gun at any of the vendors you had to fill out the proper paperwork and then they called in for the background check unless of course you posses a carry permit then you simply fill out the questionnaire and pay your money ( as you do at any gun shop ) the loophole they speak of was the four or five guys walking around with guns strapped to there back selling them as a private sale ( which can happen anywhere ) but back to the guns and Obama, guns that sold for $500 six months ago are now $800 ammo is so outrages it is unreal ( in many cases it has almost doubled in price ) and 9mm shells where almost impossible to find because they are such a common round

But all in all we had a blast got a couple new toys , stocked up on some needed things , yup a productive day ;)

And I do not recall a mass shooting ever happening at a gun show. I wonder why?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-07-2013, 09:43 AM

I make it to two or three gun shows every year. Last I went to was before this latest frenzy and price sky rising. Even then the prices were outrageous at a gun show. I can examine any gun and give an estimate to within 20 bucks what it should sell for. Over 40 years wheeling and dealing will teach an apt pupil that .
I still enjoy going to gun shows but rarely buy there. Private sells is the path to take IMHO.Every once in a while may find a great deal on a gun or knife but usually the prices are not very realistic. I can only imagine how outrageous the prices are now after reading what has been happening with ammo prices. Smart cats stocked up many years ago on ammo and guns.

Not saying that I did.;););)--Tyr

Jeff
04-08-2013, 05:46 AM

Nope all that money there and no one tried to rob anyone for one reason or another :laugh:

Same as the hunting club

Just goes to show what weasels thieves are if they might have someone shooting back they bow out

Jeff
04-08-2013, 05:53 AM
I make it to two or three gun shows every year. Last I went to was before this latest frenzy and price sky rising. Even then the prices were outrageous at a gun show. I can examine any gun and give an estimate to within 20 bucks what it should sell for. Over 40 years wheeling and dealing will teach an apt pupil that .
I still enjoy going to gun shows but rarely buy there. Private sells is the path to take IMHO.Every once in a while may find a great deal on a gun or knife but usually the prices are not very realistic. I can only imagine how outrageous the prices are now after reading what has been happening with ammo prices. Smart cats stocked up many years ago on ammo and guns.

Not saying that I did.;););)--Tyr

Tyr you are right the ammo was outrages the most expensive I saw was 9mm ( they are so common ) not my choice of self defense I like a little more stopping power but by the looks of the empty areas for (mm ammo I guess many like them , but of course if ya even go to Walmart ya can't t get ammo , for get Bass Pro Shop last I was there they had like 3 guns a couple boxes of 12 guage ammo and lots of empty shelves LOL, But my local gun shop keeps what I need supplies well but yes I did find s decent buy at the show , heck they even had a couple handguns going cheap but what you can get there for a good price since this gun control stuff started is shot guns and rifles , I was looking for a 12 guage a year ago and they where outrageous this weekend you could buy a semi auto 12 with three chokes for under $350 all day brand new, and I saw a couple 30.06 with scopes mounted for great prices also , guess it is all supply and demand

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Tyr you are right the ammo was outrages the most expensive I saw was 9mm ( they are so common ) not my choice of self defense I like a little more stopping power but by the looks of the empty areas for (mm ammo I guess many like them , but of course if ya even go to Walmart ya can't t get ammo , for get Bass Pro Shop last I was there they had like 3 guns a couple boxes of 12 guage ammo and lots of empty shelves LOL, But my local gun shop keeps what I need supplies well but yes I did find s decent buy at the show , heck they even had a couple handguns going cheap but what you can get there for a good price since this gun control stuff started is shot guns and rifles , I was looking for a 12 guage a year ago and they where outrageous this weekend you could buy a semi auto 12 with three chokes for under $350 all day brand new, and I saw a couple 30.06 with scopes mounted for great prices also , guess it is all supply and demand

9mm to puny for my tastes. May require 3 or more rounds to do what one good 45 caliber round will do. Prices are crazy as hell right now. Gun confiscation is the plan as sure as God made little green apples. Nobody has the authority to confiscate guns as long as the 2nd Amendment stands!! No badge, no uniform and no title authorizes gun confiscation.No court of law can summarily authorize it. Those are facts .. Police that confiscated guns during Katrina were doing and illegal act! I abide by the law and champion the Rule of Law , those cops did not, they should have refused to carry out that blatantly illegal order. Those tat shot at the ones attempting gun confiscation were no different than any of the colonists that shot at the British soldiers when they came to seize the guns. Fact..
Any true American will not allow gun confiscation. As it would be the first MAJOR STEP TOWARDS FULL BLOWN TYRANNY.
At some point you have to realize the guy stealing(just outright taking) your property will not stop until he takes all you have. That includes your freedom folks!! They didn't buy all that ammo and those armored carriers to go duck hunting folks!
If they get the House , Senate and have the Presidency in 2014 elections (control all three)we will see actions from them that will force a revolution. WE ALREADY SEE THE PREPARATION--THEY--THEY - THEY , ARE MAKING.
WAKE UP...
WORSE TOO WORDS EVER SPOKEN ARE -- IT'S TOO DAMN LATE!!

gabosaurus
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM

The same reason that, when a ship goes down in the ocean, the sharks eat everyone except the lawyers. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
The same reason that, when a ship goes down in the ocean, the sharks eat everyone except the lawyers. :rolleyes:

^^^^ You spelled democrat wrong! :laugh:
The lawyers don't sink because shit floats...:laugh2:-Tyr

red states rule
04-09-2013, 02:46 AM
^^^^ You spelled democrat wrong! :laugh:
The lawyers don't sink because shit floats...:laugh2:-Tyr

Tyr - you have to consider how Gabby reasons things out

Take for example she hates Pres Bush for starting a war, opening GITMO, spending money the nation did not have, ignored global warming, alienating other nations, and playing golf; but she has no problem and voted for Pres Obama twice even though he does all the same things

So you see her thought process leaves alot to be desired

aboutime
04-09-2013, 11:19 AM

Take for example she hates Pres Bush for starting a war, opening GITMO, spending money the nation did not have, ignored global warming, alienating other nations, and playing golf; but she has no problem and voted for Pres Obama twice even though he does all the same things

So you see her thought process leaves alot to be desired

red states rule. That is "IF" gabby had any possibility of possessing a THOUGHT PROCESS. So, there is nothing to be Desired.

Little-Acorn
04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Gabby was, of course, trying to deflect attention from the real reason: Because the presence of ordinary law-abiding people with their own guns, tends to deter crime better than that possibility that an armed cop might show up sometime.

It goes agains ther government-uber-alles agenda. So rather than acknowledge its truth, she tried to change the subject. :slap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-09-2013, 06:57 PM

So you see her thought process leaves a lot to be desired

Her liberal brain= a seriously damaged brain.. nuff said...-Tyr

jimnyc
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM

Or maybe, people like you just simply don't have valid arguments at times, and prefer to ridicule and joke instead of offering something to counter?

Jeff
04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Gabby was, of course, trying to deflect attention from the real reason: Because the presence of ordinary law-abiding people with their own guns, tends to deter crime better than that possibility that an armed cop might show up sometime.

It goes agains ther government-uber-alles agenda. So rather than acknowledge its truth, she tried to change the subject. :slap:

Exactly right

Criminals are cowards and prey on people that won't fight back if they think they may get shot they will just move on to one of those Liberals that want gun control so bad , they are easy pickings

Kennasaw Ga proves this , ya have to own a gun to live there and crime is almost non existent

Nukeman
04-10-2013, 06:13 AM

But all in all we had a blast got a couple new toys , stocked up on some needed things , yup a productive day ;)Try armslist.com its like craigslist for guns and ammo.. They have local by state.:beer:

Jeff
04-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Try armslist.com its like craigslist for guns and ammo.. They have local by state.:beer:

I sure will check it out Thank you :thumb: