PDA

View Full Version : As important as money is ....

Robert A Whit
04-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I wish this forum had a category called economics/finance

So, I have to pick some topic headline that we can relate to. Money is always on our minds thus this site.

I have argued for over 4 years that the root causes of the current economic problems are based in acts by the Government.

Were i to lay all the blame on G.Bush, no doubt democrat posters would love it. But he tried to prevent the crash.

Being that I was for many years super active in all things in the housing market, I realized pretty fast what caused the problems. I was in the thick of this so I knew the causes.

Peter Wallison nails it. And this is a presentation on CSPAN. He as I did, point fingers are more than merely government, but at those largely unknown agents of destruction called FNMA and FHMLC; aka Fannie and Freddie.

How did I figure it out so fast?

DOCUMENTS

Wallison does not mention this directly but he points his finger at the cause.

I have told many posters to pull out their papers on their loans and directed them to study the form numbers and the agencies that have forced the lending industry to use those forms. FNMA and Freddie numbers appear at the bottom left and right of those forms. Appraisals have FNMA, etc. form numbers. FNMA has it's fingerprints all over the evidence.

Why does this matter?

Look at that currency. What can you say about currency? Do you think it is not controlled by Government?

Home loans also were controlled by government and Wallison will explain to you that the problem is still to this day, government.
You will need about half an hour to catch his comments. I urge you all to also pay close attention to the other experts in this CSPAN video.

Obama took some poor paths and the Democrats flat froze out of the discussion republicans. Dodd Frank got no republican support.

Why did they freeze out republicans as they also did on the health care matter.

Watch this and you may be a bit wiser and vote wiser.

Why should any of you care?

Because due to Obama, you can't put down less than 20 percent to purchase a home other than some Govt limited programs. This nation, using both the GI loans and FHA loans was built on a rather low down payment loan. I believe that today the only low down payment loans available are those backed by only the Feds. eg. FHA and VA loans. If they work for those govt. operations, why not the rest if the loans?

http://www.booktv.org/Watch/14322/Bad+History+Worse+Policy+How+a+False+Narrative+abo ut+the+Financial+Crisis+Led+to+the+DoddFrank+Act.a spx