PDA

View Full Version : How Dare That Kids Help Stop Flooding in Fargo, Ed Schultz Fumes

red states rule
04-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Some libs are never f'in happy. Sgt Schultz has been very angry since his prime time show on DCNTV has been bumped to the weekends

Teach your children well," sang Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in a syrupy overplayed hippie anthem from 1970. (Not to worry, I won't link).

Teach them to say "screw you" to their community, Ed Schultz instructs the children now. While he waits and waits and waits for "The Ed Show" to make its transition from primetime to the penal colony that is MSNBC weekends, Schultz continues spewing his trademark buffoonery through his radio show.

Yesterday, for example, Schultz actually criticized volunteers working to stem the inevitable spring flooding in Fargo, N.D., for asking middle school students to lend a hand (audio) (http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/2012/Schultz%20Fargo%20flooding%20april%208%2013.mp3) --

Broadcasting from the city that has no bones about asking eighth graders to come down to the facility and start making sandbags so the wealthy people don't have to pay for a dike. Good 'ol Fargo, Nort' Dakota. That's how they flood fight. It's called slave labor. Make 'em think they're really building character. In fact, they have to build character every spring! The college kids, I think, have figured it out. Screw you! So now they're picking on the eighth graders.

Got that? Requesting that adolescents sacrifice a few hours of time and sweat to help save their city (http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/04/07/regional/volunteers-fill-sandbags-in-fargo?refid=0) from the ravages of flooding is "slave labor," according to Schultz, who can't tell the difference between volunteer work and that imposed by force with those doing the labor having no say in the matter.

Needless to say, Schultz wants all such work done by government employees, preferably those in public-sector unions providing generous and ultimately unsustainable health care and pension plans. Come to think of it, is there any work Schultz doesn't want done this way?

As far as he's concerned, we should teach children to be indifferent to their communities, reliant on government for every contingency large and small (recall how well this worked in New Orleans after Katrina hit), cynical to the core (what's in it for me?!) and resentful class warriors ever willing to milk the rich, regardless of what they've already paid.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2013/04/09/how-dare-kids-help-stop-flooding-fargo-ed-schultz-fumes#ixzz2Q6pYnT86

taft2012
04-10-2013, 05:38 AM
My local schools have some sort of community service requirement needed to graduate high school.

The ironic thing is, liberals put these things in place and Ed still finds a way to blame conservatives.

Nukeman
04-10-2013, 06:20 AM
In the early 80's Fort Wayne flooded so bad if it were not for the junior/senior high school kids the whole city would have been under water. I remember sandbagging as an 8th grader and we even managed to get President Reagan to come and congratulate us for a great job. That is the problem with these type of libs... They scream for the govt to help instead of rolling up their sleeves and doing the job themselves. What a pthetic waste of a human being!!! Dumbass!!!!!

This is what Shultz doesn't get.. Freaking IDIOT

The St. Marys, St. Joseph and Maumee occasionally remind everyone of their vast power, such as the wake-up call Fort Wayne got on March 12, 1982.

<SPACER type="horizontal" size="20">Heavy winter snow, a rapid thaw and overnight thunderstorms combined to cause the city's second-worst flooding in history. The damage was severe enough for President Reagan to declare Fort Wayne a federal disaster area four days after his March 16 visit.

<SPACER type="horizontal" size="20">Floodwaters forced 9,000 people from their homes and damaged 1,820 residences and 260 businesses. Damage estimates were $56.1 million.

<SPACER type="horizontal" size="20">But a spirited volunteer army — made up mostly of teen-agers — saved 1,860 properties. While the swollen rivers did their worst, the Flood of '82 brought out the best in Fort Wayne folks. The disaster spawned heroes and helpers, good sports and good Samaritans, throughout "the City that Saved Itself."

http://fwnextweb1.fortwayne.com/ns/projects/82flood/econ4.php
<SPACER type="horizontal" size="20">

PostmodernProphet
04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
when I was a freshman a nearby town got hit by a tornado....our entire school was bussed there and there were buses from towns all around.....we picked up debris from streets and piled in on the curb.....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Some libs are never f'in happy. Sgt Schultz has been very angry since his prime time show on DCNTV has been bumped to the weekends

Guy is a loudmouth chump. nuff said...-Tyr

Nukeman
04-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Here's the email I sent this dirt bag...

I have to say I am appalled that Ed would use the term of slave labor for a force of teenagers coming to the help of their city. He does not understand civic duty or pride? What kind of idiot spews this vitriol on national networks? I will include a small clipping from PROPER reporting on a similar incident 31 years ago.. This is what he should have said!! I was part of this as an EIGTH GRADER, I was proud of my accomplishments and to have someone like “Ed” belittle this is beyond pathetic. Maybe “Ed” could use some good old fashioned hard work?!?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
This is taken from the Fort Wayne newspaper the News-Sentinel<o:p></o:p>
http://fwnextweb1.fortwayne.com/ns/projects/82flood/econ4.php (http://fwnextweb1.fortwayne.com/ns/projects/82flood/econ4.php)<o:p></o:p>
The St. Mary’s, St. Joseph and Maumee occasionally remind everyone of their vast power, such as the wake-up call Fort Wayne got on March 12, 1982.

Heavy winter snow, a rapid thaw and overnight thunderstorms combined to cause the city's second-worst flooding in history. The damage was severe enough for President Reagan to declare Fort Wayne a federal disaster area four days after his March 16 visit.

Floodwaters forced 9,000 people from their homes and damaged 1,820 residences and 260 businesses. Damage estimates were $56.1 million.

But a spirited volunteer army — made up mostly of teen-agers — saved 1,860 properties. While the swollen rivers did their worst, the Flood of '82 brought out the best in Fort Wayne folks. The disaster spawned heroes and helpers, good sports and good Samaritans, throughout "the City that Saved itself."

taft2012
04-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Picking up on Ed's lead, I went to the local hospital last night and yelled at some teenage girls volunteering as candy stripers.

I told them they're just slave dupes covering up for the inadequate medical services being provided by Obamacare.

aboutime
04-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Why waste time talking about this SLUG?

Truth is. Ed Schultz is a huge piece of cesspool waste that clogs the arteries of Liberal hate-mongers,
making them candidates for Sewerage System improvement based in the DNC headquarters Pool.
In fact. Combining Waste like Schultz with DNC Kool-aid is like the first time a baby reached into his diaper,
and spread the Liberalism all over his crib. It looked funny, and nobody wanted to CLEAN IT UP.

red states rule
04-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Ed is slapped down by the folks of Fargo

Fargo Leaders to Ed Schultz: Kids Helping Stop Flood Aren't 'Slave Labor'

The mayor of Fargo, N.D., sure knows what he's talking about.

Dennis Walaker was one of three city and school officials quoted in a Forum of Fargo-Moorhead newspaper story (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/396050/group/News/) rebuking liberal radio host Ed Schultz for his churlish criticism of local eighth-graders being recruited for sandbagging to help stem spring floods. (Audio clip after page break)
The newspaper ran the story in response to a NewsBusters post (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2013/04/09/how-dare-kids-help-stop-flooding-fargo-ed-schultz-fumes) on Tuesday about Schultz's remarks.

First, here is what Schultz said (audio) (http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/2012/Schultz%20Fargo%20flooding%20april%208%2013_0.mp3) --

Broadcasting from the city that has no bones about asking eighth-graders to come down to the facility and start making sandbags so the wealthy people don't have to pay for a dike. Good ol' Fargo, Nort' Dakota. That's how they flood fight. It's called slave labor. Make 'em think they're really building character. In fact, they have to build character every spring! The college kids, I think, have figured it out. Screw you! So now they're picking on the eighth graders.
Walaker's pithy response -- "Consider the source."

"All the kids have permission slips from their parents," Walaker told the Forum. "They are fed extremely well. They are enthusiastic in contributing to the community. So, I think the term 'slave labor' is incorrect, totally."

Fargo public schools superintendent Jeff Schatz was also dismissive of Schultz's comments. "Our students have been involved in many different flood-fighting capacities over the past several years," he said. "It's a good way for them to get involved in their community. We're just a piece of the big picture of the whole flood fight."
Eighth-grade students from three local middle schools are taking part in a 10-day campaign to fill one million sandbags. As of yesterday, the Forum reported, 876,000 sandbags had been filled.

"We don't force them to do anything," Schatz told the Forum. "Kids are rallying together and doing a great job. All reports we've had have been good."
Ben Franklin Middle School principal John Nelson told the paper that former students have cited their volunteer work against flooding as a positive experience.
"Community service is something that we want to instill in all of our children," Nelson said. "So, here is an opportunity where we can help and we can have some fun doing it."

Mayor Walaker also "scoffed" at Schultz's claim that sandbagging efforts protect only Fargo's "wealthy" residents. Walaker described the work as "the first line of defense against the river," the Forum reported.

Schultz, meanwhile, continues waiting on a start date for the weekend edition of "The Ed Show" after MSNBC booted the program from its weeknight primetime lineup in mid-March. Since then, Schultz has focused on his radio show that he broadcasts from "the Northern Tier" -- his euphemism for Fargo. With all that extra time on his hands after "The Ed Show" was consigned to limbo over the last month, you'd think Schultz might want to help fill a few sandbags. Don't hold your breath. This would brush too close to "slavery" for Schultz's comfort.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2013/04/11/fargo-leaders-ed-schultz-kids-helping-stop-flood-arent-slave-labor#ixzz2QIGx4WIV