PDA

View Full Version : Two words for cranky female strangers!

tailfins
04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks Yahoo!

These words can't be officially construed as assault nor insubordination, so they definitely should be tucked away for further use! Who would have thunk they irritate females so much. Bravo!

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/the-two-words-she-never-wants-to-hear-a-man-say-154917769.html

jimnyc
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
You seem to have a lot of contempt for the average female out there.

tailfins
04-10-2013, 07:59 PM
You seem to have a lot of contempt for the average female out there.

Only native American English speakers (first language).

jimnyc
04-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Only native American English speakers.

That's a lot of women! Just because they speak English as their primary language?

Kathianne
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
That's a lot of women! Just because they speak English as their primary language?

Yeah, with that they can talk back to ijits.

tailfins
04-10-2013, 08:08 PM

Nothing but trouble my entire life. My kids say they are even worse nowadays. Besides Portuguese, I want my sons to learn Pennsylvania Deutch.

SassyLady
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Only native American English speakers (first language).

That would be me. :dance:

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Nothing but trouble my entire life. My kids say they are even worse nowadays. Besides Portuguese, I want my sons to learn Pennsylvania Deutch.

What if the woman speaks only Portuguese, or Spanish, or Italian - but then later becomes perfectly fluent in English? Do they go from being less contemptuous to more?

tailfins
04-11-2013, 07:23 AM
What if the woman speaks only Portuguese, or Spanish, or Italian - but then later becomes perfectly fluent in English? Do they go from being less contemptuous to more?

Generally no, the shrillness is in the upbringing. Most places don't raise man hating into their culture like the USA.

Yeah, with that they can talk back to ijits.

Calm down, Kathy!

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Generally no, the shrillness is in the upbringing. Most places don't raise man hating into their culture like the USA.\

You truly think that American women are brought up to hate men in a certain sense? Maybe you mistake equality for hate at times?

tailfins
04-11-2013, 08:19 AM
You truly think that American women are brought up to hate men in a certain sense? Maybe you mistake equality for hate at times?

There's no equality in an "it's all about me" mindset, a pi$$y disposition and clique-mindedness. Russian, Indian (from India) women for example seem as equality minded as anyone else without the aforementioned characteristics.

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 09:59 AM
There's no equality in an "it's all about me" mindset, a pi$$y disposition and clique-mindedness. Russian, Indian (from India) women for example seem as equality minded as anyone else without the aforementioned characteristics.

And you think all English speaking women are like that? If not, what percentage would you guess?

tailfins
04-11-2013, 10:01 AM
And you think all English speaking women are like that? If not, what percentage would you guess?

Eighty

cadet
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Eighty

I'd say closer to 100.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I'd say closer to 100.

Like I would explain to the Amish: En Englisch hutzel: ach du piss topf!

Try using Google translator on THAT!!

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry that you 2 guys feel that way about the majority of American or English speaking women. I can only suggest looking harder, as my experiences over the past 40 years tell me the exact opposite, that the ladies are decent people and just like us, wanting happiness and love.

aboutime
04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Like I would explain to the Amish: En Englisch hutzel: ach du piss topf!

Try using Google translator on THAT!!

tailfins. As a Pennsylvania boy born near the Pa. Dutch Country, not far from Lancaster, Bird-in-Hand, Blue Balls, and Intercourse where the finest Cooking on Earth happens every day.
It sounds like YOU would PISS OFF all Women...even using English to hide your hatred.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
tailfins. As a Pennsylvania boy born near the Pa. Dutch Country, not far from Lancaster, Bird-in-Hand, Blue Balls, and Intercourse where the finest Cooking on Earth happens every day.
It sounds like YOU would PISS OFF all Women...even using English to hide your hatred.

Your hearing is off then. If you stop and think, I wouldn't even have an opportunity to annoy them since its improper for a married man to interact with them. I'm VERY careful to avoid anything to offend their sensibilities and be on my "A" game. They let me in and there's no way I would jeopardize all the hard work. However, it seems like a great place for my kids to socialize with decent kids.

aboutime
04-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Your hearing is off then. If you stop and think, I wouldn't even have an opportunity to annoy them since its improper for a married man to interact with them. I'm VERY careful to avoid anything to offend their sensibilities and be on my "A" game. They let me in and there's no way I would jeopardize all the hard work. However, it seems like a great place for my kids to socialize with decent kids.

I was talking about lesser informed women. Unlike those hard living women in Dutch country. You sound as if you could qualify for any Middle-Eastern nation where women are still treated badly, and the men rule everything. You can claim anything you like, saying there is no way you would jeopardize that 'so-called', phony hard work. Using your children would not be the answer if BEING AT HOME was the place they learned to be DECENT first.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I was talking about lesser informed women. Unlike those hard living women in Dutch country. You sound as if you could qualify for any Middle-Eastern nation where women are still treated badly, and the men rule everything. You can claim anything you like, saying there is no way you would jeopardize that 'so-called', phony hard work. Using your children would not be the answer if BEING AT HOME was the place they learned to be DECENT first.

You try approaching a strict society, agree to play by their rules and keep your agreement then try calling it "phony hard work". The value of learning obviously escapes you. It's part of what's annoying about the average American English speaking woman: They think clique-building overcomes correct information and solid research.

aboutime
04-11-2013, 04:32 PM
You try approaching a strict society, agree to play by their rules and keep your agreement then try calling it "phony hard work". The value of learning obviously escapes you. It's part of what's annoying about the average American English speaking woman: They think clique-building overcomes correct information and solid research.

Thank you Robert. (tailfins) Yeah. You must be right. I had a successful thirty years in uniform, reached my highest goals in life. Have a great family, five beautiful grandchildren, and everything I ever wanted in life. And listen to you. Telling me the value of learning escapes me?

What a pleasure it is to know. How so many people like you, with such attitudes of selfishness, and the "ME" generation backing you up will...ONE DAY look back and remember...people like you, and wonder how you managed to get anywhere on your own.
That will be the day when you reach my age. And others disrespect you because...they accuse you of escaping knowledge, and learning.

cadet
04-11-2013, 04:36 PM
^^Way to turn a joke into a pissing match. :chillpill:

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM

TF was never joking.

cadet
04-11-2013, 04:38 PM
TF was never joking.

Hey hey, just calm down.

:laugh2:

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey hey, just calm down.

:laugh2:

Indeed.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 05:09 PM
TF was never joking.

You're right. I'm waiting on seeing an angry woman somewhere so I can try it out.

^^Way to turn a joke into a pissing match. http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/chillpill.gif
Thanks for the reminder!! There can't be a pi$$in match if you don't take the other party seriously. There's more satisfaction in just watching someone turn red-faced, maybe taunting them a little.

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 05:18 PM
You're right. I'm waiting on seeing an angry woman somewhere so I can try it out.

Thanks for the reminder!! There can't be a pi$$in match if you don't take the other party seriously. There's more satisfaction in just watching someone turn red-faced, maybe taunting them a little.

You don't piss me off, not at all. You I can understand, I feel very bad for what you are teaching your sons, but that's your prerogative and seems you are accomplishing it.

That others, claiming to have normal social skills piggy back on your problem, that's their problem.

aboutime
04-11-2013, 05:26 PM
You don't piss me off, not at all. You I can understand, I feel very bad for what you are teaching your sons, but that's your prerogative and seems you are accomplishing it.

That others, claiming to have normal social skills piggy back on your problem, that's their problem.

Kathianne. tailfin's brags so much about how he thinks he controls women. He is the closest thing we all have to jafar...on steroids.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 05:28 PM

How do you KNOW they have normal social skills, huh?

One thing that builds a kid's confidence is trust. I communicate to both of them they know things I don't. I let them solve their own problems, lying in wait as an "enforcer" if they get in over their head. I REALLY give my youngest credit. He says that most problems should be solved in writing. Some girl was giving him major grief. He calmly walked to the principal's office and asked for an "anti-bullying form". His problem evaporated.

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 05:32 PM

Calm down please.

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Calm down please.

Huh? Her reply seemed perfectly calm and reasonable to me?

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM

My bad if your "100%" was in jest, but unless he corrects me, I was under the impression that tailfins was not making jokes with his responses, as he has made these statements before.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM

Pssst! Hey Jim!! The lesson plan is to sharpen patronizing skills. Robert was just working the exercises at the end of the chapter. This chapter focuses on using the phrase "calm down".

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM

:coffee:

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Pssst! Hey Jim!! The lesson plan is to sharpen patronizing skills. Robert was just working the exercises at the end of the chapter. This chapter focuses on using the phrase "calm down".

And maybe now Jim understands.

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Curious question, tailfins! In another thread, you based your assessment of my post based on the totality of that entire forum, perhaps hundreds if not thousand of other posts. I maintain that my post should have been looked at individually.

Similarly on this subject. Wouldn't it make more sense to treat each English speaking woman individually, and hold those in contempt that are deserving of such treatment, and not automatically holding the others the same if they haven't done anything wrong/improper?

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
:coffee:

In that case, eat a large shit sandwich! :beer:

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 06:28 PM

What Jim? You don't want to join the misogynist brigade? Bobby is disappointed. How dare your wife kept her own name. ;) Professional women tend to do so.

Bobby might have problems with such, considering his marital trials, then dating situations with hookers. :coffee:

cadet
04-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Kathianne. tailfin's brags so much about how he thinks he controls women. He is the closest thing we all have to jafar...on steroids.

He's just being honest about the facts of life.

More stereotypical things that are nice to know. Cause you know, stereotypes have their root in fact.
Things I've learned throughout life;
1) Never admit defeat, just say "I'll try harder next time dear."
2) Why do girls like you when you're in a relationship and not when you're single? Cause they're bat-shit crazy and think "Why's he dating HER? Is she better then me or something???"
3) Don't ever try to understand women, they understand themselves and hate eachother.
4) No matter what you think you're an ass if you give out the secrets of guyhood. Even if EVER guy ever thinks the same, don't say it.
(Ex. I got into a conversation today, and mentioned that if a guy get's in a relationship and works out, he expects the same from the girl. I was suddenly a asshole pig who was too judgmental toward fat chicks. The guy's all agreed with me after she left though :laugh:)
5) If you work hard, there will always be people that think you're just a showoff.
6) You can't please everyone, so you may as well not try. Just hang out with the people that do like you. There's a lot more of them then the few who can't stand you.
7) Everyone says you're a racist if you think in stereotypes But you best be ready for all stereotypes when talking to someone different, somehow every black guy at this school plays basketball. No joke. All 5 of em.
8) People are dicks. And most only care about themselves, even if they feign caring about you. In the end they just want to better themselves in your eyes.
9) Women don't want your opinion when they ask for it. They want their opinion in a deeper voice.
10) You are not important to your job. You might think that you have something that makes the company run, and people might miss you for a few weeks, but you're replaceable.
11) If people are mean to you, give them the benefit of the doubt, they might be going through something.
12) If going to hang out with a girl and only her, DO NOT ask if it's a date thing or just hanging out. Date implies commitment Where hanging out is just chilling. (Even though a date in a guys eyes is hanging out in a girls)
13) Girls are bat-shit crazy. Nuff said. :rolleyes:
14) Men like to go out and DO stuff. Travel and such. Whereas women are content to settle. (Biblical debate, Adam was created in the wild and free, whereas Eden was created in the garden)
15) If a girl plays with her hair, she likes you. It helps them calm down when nervous, even if it is unconscious.
16) Scientific fact, women's voices get higher when talking to a guy they think are attractive. something in a higher voice means better fertility.
17) If it's he said she said, don't trust it. If it's she said she said, NEVER trust it. But if it's he said he said, that's alright, guys are less likely to add in extra opinions and keep to the facts
18) You are ALWAYS wrong. Especially when you're right. They'll make you regret it every time.
19) Dance with a women, and she'll forgive a little. Dance well, and she'll forgive more. Dance great, and she'll forgive everything.
20) NEVER BUY JEWELRY TO MAKE UP A FIGHT! She'll look back at it years later and go, "I remember that, that pisses me off." Better to buy chocolates or flowers, they disappear with the fight.
21) There's nothing a little romance can't fix/distract her from something.
22) If your friends are mean to you, there is no reason to stay friends with them. There are plenty of other people out there.
23) If you quit once, the next time it'll be easier. And the time after that will be even easier. Until you're just a quitter.
24) If you wake up in a ditch sometime in your life, do you lay there till you die? Or do you get up and spit in life's face and say "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT??"
25) Better to be a dick then a doormat. ;)
26) If someone has an opinion of you, you can't change it.
28) When boys fight, they punch the shit out of each other and walk away friends. When girls fight, they talk behind each other's backs for years and cultivate hatred for life.
29) Any girl who walks around with the idea that all guys are trying to get in their pants, have pine-cones up their butts.
30) All guys think the same. Or at least, can easily understand any guy.
31) Ever girl in existence thinks they understand guys better then their guy friends. But they're always wrong. (I just NEVER understood it, I mean, come on! Take the info from the people that are!)
32) If you're trying not to be creepy, you come off as creepy. If you're jokingly trying to be creepy, you come off as funny. :cuckoo:
33) when trying to find a girl to share your life with, find one that you'd be willing to do anything for. But don't let her know that, cause then she'll walk all over you.
34) No matter how much you screw up, you're little brothers will always look up to you and think you're the bomb.
35) Kids know more then adults, when it comes to being kind.
36) Adults are just overgrown children. They walk around children like they're wise and know all the mysteries of the universe. But they're all petty squabbling, drama filled, children who want attention.
37) Get too involved with the church, and you start getting a holier then thou attitude and don't feel like you should go to the lower people. (At least that's what I observe from the people that grew up in the church)
38) To truly understand someone, you have to have been in their situation.
39) Being a gentleman never goes out of style. Even the small things will make girls swoon.
40) If you're a douche bag dredge of society, girls all think they can change you. So you'll date a lot. Unknown to them, if you change you'll stop getting girls.
42) Ever girl has unrealistic views of what she wants in a man. But when a guy says all he wants is a big boobed chick, he's a judgmental ass.
43) You can't have a differing opinion with a girl without her getting pissy.
44) Wanna set off a girl? Tell her she's wrong. Say the same to a guy, and he might just listen.
45) Gingers are awesome.
46) No matter what, if you visit another country, they all assume you're weird for not being either 200 pounds or a supermodel.
47) Sometimes silence can say more then words.
48) Girls are freaking stupid when it comes to catching any hint of subtly (Ex. I have been bending over BACKWARDS to be kind to my best friends girlfriend. I've watched my mouth, etc. Still she calls me an ass and says I'm mean to everyone I've ever met. :cuckoo:, So I tried ignoring her existance. It's been a month and she hasn't noticed, and still says I'm a jerk whenever I open my mouth to my friend. Last time, she actually told me to be quiet! like the whole damn world revolves around her! All I said was hi to my friend! Finally told her to F- off! ad all I'd been doing.)
(Ex. 2, I tried to ask out this girl, that girl could NOT take a hint, so I went out and bought her flowers and strait up told her I really liked her)
49) A girl will always walk around like she's hot shit and you're a perv and a half for showing interest. Even if she's ugly as hell.
50) DO NOT, take bets at a spicy food restaurant with your dads friends. You'll win 20 bucks sure, but they wont even eat. And you'll be in pain in the morning.

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
What Jim? You don't want to join the misogynist brigade? Bobby is disappointed. How dare your wife kept her own name. ;) Professional women tend to do so.

Bobby might have problems with such, considering his marital trials, then dating situations with hookers. :coffee:

I tried to convince Diana to take my name, as I'm a traditional kind of guy. She then countered and asked me to change my last name to hers. I laughed and said no way. She said "Now you know how I feel". But she is very proud of her Italian heritage and wanted to keep her name, which I had no issue with.

cadet
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I tried to convince Diana to take my name, as I'm a traditional kind of guy. She then countered and asked me to change my last name to hers. I laughed and said no way. She said "Now you know how I feel". But she is very proud of her Italian heritage and wanted to keep her name, which I had no issue with.

I couldn't find a whipping smilie, so here ya go. 4847

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I couldn't find a whipping smilie, so here ya go. 4847

Cadet, are you really implying that if you fell in love with someone and wanted to marry, if she didn't want to change her name for some reason or something else that wouldn't change the love you share, you'd just throw the relationship away?

cadet
04-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Cadet, are you really implying that if you fell in love with someone and wanted to marry, if she didn't want to change her name for some reason or something else that wouldn't change the love you share, you'd just throw the relationship away?

Actually, I wasn't implying anything. I was having a little fun and being a troll :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Calm down please.

I have read this entire thread and have yet to see a single reply by Kat that was not already calm!
Three members telling her to calm down only triples the error IMHO.
Her posts show nothing but calmness.
Best not to join in on a gotcha tag game unless one has an invested interest in it already.
This little contest started out between two members . One that was playing gotcha and posting all muslim like about women.
That's his problem he should expect to be called on it by any female brave enough to do so. He was called on it, do try to stay out of the way of stray bullets amigo. I'd appreciate it-Tyr

cadet
04-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I have read this entire thread and have yet to see a single reply by Kat that was not already calm!
Three members telling her to calm down only triples the error IMHO.
Her posts show nothing but calmness.
Best not to join in on a gotcha tag game unless one has an invested interest in it already.
This little contest started out between two members . One that was playing gotcha and posting all muslim like about women.
That's his problem he should expect to be called on it by any female brave enough to do so. He was called on it, do try to stay out of the way of stray bullets amigo. I'd appreciate it-Tyr

Calm down tyr. :rolleyes:

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 06:57 PM

I imagine you enjoy them.

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Jim, I told you Bobby wouldn't take your response well...

aboutime
04-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Kathianne that's probably because Robert doesn't like to talk with his MOUTH FULL of Jim's offered sandwich.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Curious question, tailfins! In another thread, you based your assessment of my post based on the totality of that entire forum, perhaps hundreds if not thousand of other posts. I maintain that my post should have been looked at individually.

Similarly on this subject. Wouldn't it make more sense to treat each English speaking woman individually, and hold those in contempt that are deserving of such treatment, and not automatically holding the others the same if they haven't done anything wrong/improper?

That's a very good question. I will tell how this works in practice. You understand the practice of sampling, right? I have seen a large enough sample to draw some pretty strong conclusions. I don't "lash out". I start out somewhat formal. I avoid engaging as it were. Being essentially blind to "hints" and non-verbal cues drives most English speaking women NUTS. I indeed wait for them to initiate abusive treatment. As soon as they do, I make full use of having no sense of embarrassment. Once a woman calls me a nutcase, I have every right to call her a slut. Or to tell her if she wasn't so ugly I would ask her for a blow job. If she or anyone else gets physical, I file criminal charges. Few things are sweeter than telling an abusive person to enjoy life with a criminal conviction after court. I don't start it, but once she or a male "enforcer" does, I give no quarter. I will gladly take a few punches to ruin someone's life with a criminal record.

I know you directed that a Cadet, but you can bet your last dollar I would walk away.

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 07:31 PM
That's a very good question. I will tell how this works in practice. You understand the practice of sampling, right? I have seen a large enough sample to draw some pretty strong conclusions. I don't "lash out". I start out somewhat formal. I avoid engaging as it were. Being essentially blind to "hints" and non-verbal cues drives most English speaking women NUTS. I indeed wait for them to initiate abusive treatment. As soon as they do, I make full use of having no sense of embarrassment. Once a woman calls me a nutcase, I have every right to call her a slut. Or to tell her if she wasn't so ugly I would ask her for a blow job. If she or anyone else gets physical, I file criminal charges. Few things are sweeter than telling an abusive person to enjoy life with a criminal conviction after court. I don't start it, but once she or a male "enforcer" does, I give no quarter. I will gladly take a few punches to ruin someone's life with a criminal record.

That is extreme. Thanks for explaining this. May i suggest you calm down?

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 07:34 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Kathianne http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=630724#post630724)

Kathianne that's probably because Robert doesn't like to talk with his MOUTH FULL of Jim's offered sandwich.

So, you approve her and him talking that way?

Say, did I miss this or did I start talking that way to Jim?

Nope, I did not. For some odd reason, Jim feels entitled to talk that way to members.

And two posters above are of his character one has to believe.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM

Maybe 10% do.

Who's last name do your kids get? You say you're in a happy place, but she seems kind of mean from where I sit.

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM

Nope, I did not. For some odd reason, Jim feels entitled to talk that way to members.

And yet you continue to post here, while feeling that posters you despise are reflective upon the owner. Why not bail? You disrespect many of the posters, actually nearly all. You made it clear above you find the owner contemptuous. Yet you continue to post.

Weird, isn't it?

tailfins
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM

If you remember that this is just a play place, you'll stop caring. One way to drive this point home is to just post the first goofy thing that comes to your mind. As long as it's not an offer to exchange stolen credit card numbers, there's no cost to you! :thumb:

Kathianne
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
If you remember that this is just a play place, you'll stop caring. One way to drive this point home is to just post the first goofy thing that comes to your mind. As long as it's not an offer to exchange stolen credit card numbers, there's no cost to you! :thumb:

Troll lessons, like Bobby needs them. LOL!

tailfins
04-11-2013, 08:25 PM

That wouldn't be trolling. Trolling has a malicious intent. What I'm talking about is just being uninhibited. In other words, just posting whatever makes you feel good. Trolling focuses on others. What I'm talking about is to focus on oneself.

jimnyc
04-11-2013, 08:26 PM
I know you directed that a Cadet, but you can bet your last dollar I would walk away.

What is it that a woman is "saying" when she wants to keep her last name, that would make you walk? Obviously something negative, I'm curious.

Who's last name do your kids get? You say you're in a happy place, but she seems kind of mean from where I sit.

My last name. We agreed on a first name. She chose his middle name.

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 08:49 PM

A number of us or more properly them, see it as you say. I had hoped one can be serious here.

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 08:51 PM

There may be a bobby here that I am not aware of. What troll keeps saying Bobby despite being told that is wrong?

Robert A Whit
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM
And yet you continue to post here, while feeling that posters you despise are reflective upon the owner. Why not bail? You disrespect many of the posters, actually nearly all. You made it clear above you find the owner contemptuous. Yet you continue to post.

Weird, isn't it?

I don't bail when a tiny minority act as you act. Who do i despise?

I can think of maybe 1 or perhaps up to 3 that I feel that way about.

Apparently you believe you are in that group. Turn that around. You do the despising.

When you operate as my spokesperson, you are not honest. I told you, please speak for you and stop trying to speak for me.

I like to jab Jim as much as he jabs me.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
What is it that a woman is "saying" when she wants to keep her last name, that would make you walk? Obviously something negative, I'm curious.

It interferes with the permanence of the marriage. It makes things "easy" in case of divorce and multiple marriage. It's almost as if she considers a marriage a temporary or repeat arrangement.

tailfins
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM

My wife has the same reaction I do about this. I just asked her why. She said it is on the same level as a man asking for a pre-nup contract before the wedding.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 06:51 AM
It interferes with the permanence of the marriage. It makes things "easy" in case of divorce and multiple marriage. It's almost as if she considers a marriage a temporary or repeat arrangement.

I've been married 19 years now, and I assure you, a name change does nothing at all to lengthen or preserve a marriage. It's no more or no less permanent if one decides not to change their last name. It's nothing more than tradition based in protecting wealth and/or long rooted religious reasons. And like I said my wife is very connected to her Italian heritage, and her business contacts, and obviously doesn't consider marriage temporary.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 06:54 AM
My wife has the same reaction I do about this. I just asked her why. She said it is on the same level as a man asking for a pre-nup contract before the wedding.

A prenup is like not changing ones name as they enter marriage? :lol:

Did you change YOUR name to her last name when you married, tailfins? Why did you take a prenup styled precautionary move before you got married? Oh, you say you didn't, that you guys simply followed TRADITION? Thought so. :)

revelarts
04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
talfins got a whole thread to "straiten the women folk out" in or is it just to moan about why all women don't bow low enough men. i can't quite tell.

It's true that male bashing is a sport in the west but not all women are fooled by that.
And not all female attitude is male bashing, on a personal level often it's seems to be a (subconscious) Crap test for men, to see if they have what it takes to be the man of the house.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 08:32 AM
talfins got a whole thread to "straiten the women folk out" in or is it just to moan about why all women don't bow low enough men. i can't quite tell.

It's true that male bashing is a sport in the west but not all women are fooled by that.
And not all female attitude is male bashing, on a personal level often it's seems to be a (subconscious) Crap test for men, to see if they have what it takes to be the man of the house.

Why should men accept a crap test? Just walk away. A doormat man is not effective in confronting threats to the household.

"Straightening someone out" is too much trouble. My point is to teach men to be like not to be easy pickings for abusive women. Once you've found a permanent relationship, dealing with women is reduced to helping your kids and keeping toxic women away from you or better still out of your life completely. For those who have not found a permanent relationship, repelling a toxic woman could save years or decades of misery. Too many men get blindsided for failing to properly recognize an enemy.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Why should men accept a crap test? Just walk away. A doormat man is not effective in confronting threats to the household.

"Straightening someone out" is too much trouble. My point is to teach men to be like not to be easy pickings for abusive women. Once you've found a permanent relationship, dealing with women is reduced to helping your kids and keeping toxic women away from you or better still out of your life completely. For those who have not found a permanent relationship, repelling a toxic woman could save years or decades of misery. Too many men get blindsided for failing to properly recognize an enemy.

I think the crap you discuss throughout this thread can go both ways. Men can do these same things and be the same way towards women. But I wouldn't recommend for women to seek out foreign women, as I know the men who might be like that are in the minority. I think you assume a lot about the majority of women.

cadet
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM

Truer words have never been spoken.

If she feels like she needs a crap test she's a bitch. A REAL woman would care about her husband as much as he cares about her. A petty one would try to see how far she can push.
Girls who are... mean... aren't worth it. Go for the nice ones that care about you.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 12:53 PM

Obviously, from this thread. All of us have learned how cadet will be, and tailfins already is venting here. Using this forum to vent because he speaks from FIRST HAND experience with hatred for the women in his life since he is THE DOORMAT he talks about.

cadet
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Obviously, from this thread. All of us have learned how cadet will be, and tailfins already is venting here. Using this forum to vent because he speaks from FIRST HAND experience with hatred for the women in his life since he is THE DOORMAT he talks about.

Cadet will continue to be a man who believes a relationship is a two way road, and not a one way street. Cadet will also continue to remember the times when he WAS a doormat to idiots, and continue to care about his girlfriend and expect her to care back.
And he will take the knowledge that man has learned over the centuries and dubbed stereotypes, and use it to his advantage.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Are you just trying to be a provocateur or is there some substance to your assertion? If there is substance, how did you arrive at your conclusion? The only hatred I have for women in my life are no longer in my life. Two tried to steal my inheritance. They failed.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Are you just trying to be a provocateur or is there some substance to your assertion? If there is substance, how did you arrive at your conclusion? The only hatred I have for women in my life are no longer in my life. Two tried to steal my inheritance. They failed.

I offered my opinion, based you your words. If you dislike my opinion. So be it. That was my view, and I suspect. It was probably very close to what made you feel the need to come and DENY again.
This is a forum. I offered my opinion here. That's what people do on a forum.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I offered my opinion, based you your words. If you dislike my opinion. So be it. That was my view, and I suspect. It was probably very close to what made you feel the need to come and DENY again.

True. I was just trying to discern whether your participation is Jerry Springer style or Neil Cavuto style ... or Gangnam Style.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by aboutime http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=630845#post630845)

True. I was just trying to discern whether your participation is Jerry Springer style or Neil Cavuto style ... or Gangnam Style.

See the tribute to George Gobel thread and tell me if he actually reminds you of Foster Brooks who I paid tribute to today on that Gobel thread.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Cadet will continue to be a man who believes a relationship is a two way road, and not a one way street. Cadet will also continue to remember the times when he WAS a doormat to idiots, and continue to care about his girlfriend and expect her to care back.
And he will take the knowledge that man has learned over the centuries and dubbed stereotypes, and use it to his advantage.

I hope your doormat days were short lived. If you find yourself in that situation, think how good you'll feel if you act like nothing is amiss, take her on a cross-country road trip and leave her somewhere near the halfway point. Maybe stop at a restaurant, pay the check then sneak off down the road. Just make sure you take nothing that belongs to her with you. You could put them in a box, leave it in a secure place (such as a storage facility with her as an authorized occupant) and tell her where she can get her stuff. Send a certified letter if you really want to cover your butt.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM

Take your pick. Doesn't really matter to me. Your denial said all I needed to know.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Take your pick. Doesn't really matter to me. Your denial said all I needed to know.

Abouttime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1XGdu-hzQ

cadet
04-12-2013, 01:49 PM
I hope your doormat days were short lived.

Nope, they lasted for a good 4 years. Till I told every single one of em to F- off.

And then when it came to relationships, I high tailed it out of there as soon as it seemed like she was using me as a doormat.
The girl I'm currently dating, started wiping her feet with me at one point. I got kinda ticked, and was suprised when she was sad and promised not to do anything like that again. Been about 2 years since then and she hasn't. :happy0203:
Apparently I'm a keeper:thanks:

tailfins
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Nope, they lasted for a good 4 years. Till I told every single one of em to F- off.

And then when it came to relationships, I high tailed it out of there as soon as it seemed like she was using me as a doormat.
The girl I'm currently dating, started wiping her feet with me at one point. I got kinda ticked, and was suprised when she was sad and promised not to do anything like that again. Been about 2 years since then and she hasn't. :happy0203:
Apparently I'm a keeper:thanks:

I edited my post after your quote. What do you think of the "special" road trip?

aboutime
04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Abouttime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH1XGdu-hzQ

Typical.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Typical.

If you're not making serious replies, why should I? :fart:

aboutime
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
If you're not making serious replies, why should I? :fart:

Probably because you are Incapable of doing so. Your denial from several posts earlier said it all.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Please, calm down.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Please, calm down.

Please. Mind your own business.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 02:12 PM
81 posts all because of two words.

Calm down

Amazing

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Please. Mind your own business.

Funny how you claimed anybody can post.

Now, please calm down.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
81 posts all because of two words.

Calm down

Amazing

​ - 82 -

tailfins
04-12-2013, 02:21 PM
​ - 82 -

Try these:
http://drugcounter.org/medicine/gas/gasx.jpg

http://ex-lax.com/images/productImage.jpg

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 02:31 PM
LMAO

I sure wish he would calm down. Gas X

LMAO

aboutime
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
LMAO

LMAO

I have calmed down Robert. Every time I BREAK WIND..I think of YOU.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
LMAO

LMAO

I have calmed down Robert. Every time I BREAK WIND..I think of YOU. Old Fart.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 03:56 PM
They say you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their pet. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their Mom. I think you can also tell a lot about a person by how they speak of women or how they proclaim to treat them.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=630877#post630877)

LMAO

LMAO

I have calmed down Robert. Every time I BREAK WIND..I think of YOU. Old Fart.

Those in the same building as you of course think only of you when you break wind. Most actual men do not post on boards that they break wind. You must be soooooooooo proud to admit it.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
They say you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their pet. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their Mom. I think you can also tell a lot about a person by how they speak of women or how they proclaim to treat them.

I don't know that pets prove much but how they treat Mom and sisters tells me a lot.

Who is saying he wants to treat women bad?

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't know that pets prove much but how they treat Mom and sisters tells me a lot.

Who is saying he wants to treat women bad?

I'd be willing to wager that the majority of people that are kind to your average pet, a dog/cat for example, are generally more caring people in general. I've known some people over the years who were either abusive to their pets, or dismissive, and they all seemed to have a care free attitude about life and didn't put much of a value on friendships and such.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 04:54 PM

You're entitled to your opinion. My siblings were strange. I was the only one who could stand my mom's incessant pity parties. At the time I didn't know it, but it was likely because I missed most of the non-verbal language. It really ticked them off that I was handsomely rewarded for it. I was the youngest and the favorite. One of my sisters sent my older nephew after me when I was still a minor, I managed to bait him into getting arrested. I don't mistreat pets by the way.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I'd be willing to wager that the majority of people that are kind to your average pet, a dog/cat for example, are generally more caring people in general. I've known some people over the years who were either abusive to their pets, or dismissive, and they all seemed to have a care free attitude about life and didn't put much of a value on friendships and such.

I dunno. I don't know most pet owners. I had 4 Lhasa Apsos at the same time but I still am not sure what that means. I love my business because I get to help others buy/sell property. But I doubt clients want to know if I own pets. One of the most worthless men I ever met had 2 fearsome Pit bulls. And he had to keep them on chains outside the house.

He cheated on his delightful wife and his kids were all rogues.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
You're entitled to your opinion. My siblings were strange. I was the only one who could stand my mom's incessant pity parties. At the time I didn't know it, but it was likely because I missed most of the non-verbal language. It really ticked them off that I was handsomely rewarded for it. I was the youngest and the favorite. One of my sisters sent my older nephew after me when I was still a minor, I managed to bait him into getting arrested. I don't mistreat pets by the way.

I was raised with the idea that I should respect everyone until they give me a reason to no longer respect them. It just seems that by your definition that you not only don't choose certain women, but you also have no respect for them either.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 05:13 PM
I was raised with the idea that I should respect everyone until they give me a reason to no longer respect them. It just seems that by your definition that you not only don't choose certain women, but you also have no respect for them either.

I tune them out until they do something offensive.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I dunno. I don't know most pet owners. I had 4 Lhasa Apsos at the same time but I still am not sure what that means. I love my business because I get to help others buy/sell property. But I doubt clients want to know if I own pets. One of the most worthless men I ever met had 2 fearsome Pit bulls. And he had to keep them on chains outside the house.

He cheated on his delightful wife and his kids were all rogues.

Did you kick your dogs? Did you ignore them? Did they go to the vet? Did you play with them and pet them? Did you love them? I think all of those things carry over to the human side in some way. I know some people who acted like they hated their pets, would leave them outside, scream at them. I wondered why they got them at all. And I would notice that they weren't really nice to people in reality either. I can't say this applies for every single instance, but it makes sense.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Won't you possibly miss out on good things if you take this approach?

tailfins
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Won't you possibly miss out on good things if you take this approach?

Like what? The only exception is a female co-worker being managed out. That pi$$es me off enough to transcend gender.

This thread will explain what managed out means:
http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=407515

aboutime
04-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Almost sounds like you, and your attitude would be very welcome in a city like San Francisco.

Just my opinion. In case you dislike what I said.

jimnyc
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Like what? The only exception is a female co-worker being managed out. That pi$$es me off enough to transcend gender.

This thread will explain what managed out means:
http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/showthread.php?t=407515

Well, you say you tune out women until they may do something offensive. What if a woman is trying to be kind to you, you block that out? I just think you would be tuning out an awful lot based on your perception that all women are a certain way.

tailfins
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Almost sounds like you, and your attitude would be very welcome in a city like San Francisco.

Just my opinion. In case you dislike what I said.

Most of my recent gigs have been in or near Boston, including Harvard. SF would be a step down. You seem to want to project yourself as a knowledgeable person. What was your degree in? I missed that information.

aboutime
04-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Most of my recent gigs have been in or near Boston, including Harvard. SF would be a step down. You seem to want to project yourself as a knowledgeable person. What was your degree in? I missed that information.

Not that it would make any difference but. None of your business. Never gave that information out because I have no need to brag, or disclose personal information to impress anyone.
But. Since you asked. I have a human degree. At present. That is 98.6.

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Did you kick your dogs? Did you ignore them? Did they go to the vet? Did you play with them and pet them? Did you love them? I think all of those things carry over to the human side in some way. I know some people who acted like they hated their pets, would leave them outside, scream at them. I wondered why they got them at all. And I would notice that they weren't really nice to people in reality either. I can't say this applies for every single instance, but it makes sense.

Jim, my life never did revolve aroiund those dogs. I loved my daughter and she wanted dogs. So I went out of my way to see that she got them. I enjoyed the 4 dogs. 2 males and 2 females.

I never mistreated any of my pets. I believe only one dog had to see a vet but it was not any of those 4 Lhasa Apsos.

People that mistreat animals create mean animals or frightened animals.

I notice on the forum some posters talk to each other worse than they might talk to their own dogs. So I get your point.

Kathianne
04-13-2013, 01:25 AM

Of course, you are the sole arbiter of 'offensive' and you are zeroing in for such. Thus you find it. Have you heard of 'self-fulfilling prophecy?'

You want women to fail in your eyes, they did. Now you are teaching the same to your sons. I hope it works for them, I do hope you don't find them on the wrong side of the law years from now. They sound like they worship your praise.

Kathianne
04-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Well, you say you tune out women until they may do something offensive. What if a woman is trying to be kind to you, you block that out? I just think you would be tuning out an awful lot based on your perception that all women are a certain way.

Not to mention the great number of women that can be both critical and supportive, if one is listening. No, I don't think that both go together always or often together. Not if sincere.

I've no doubt that TF's disability led to many rough times with female peers, teachers, and family members. Like many of us though, he seems to focus on the bad, without knowing or remembering any good.

What concerns me more is if his sons do not have the problem he has, he's inculcating them in opinions that may have little to do with their reality. He is erecting not only walls to 'protect them' but perhaps traps they may fall in. Then again, perhaps they inherited the same problem. If so, I hope it works for them as it seems to have for him.