PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference in this government vs communist government?

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Read the story below and I don't need a link since it has been all over the news (found it on yahoo news) then tell me what you think.

The guts of the story is a couple were found with guns and drugs and over that, the law took the kids. Maybe there is much more to this than meets the eye, but this is terrible. Now the kids are lost to the parents and they are in jail. There was a time in America when parents who had drugs and guns never lost the kids.

If you don't see this country going to the dogs, I don't know how to prove it to you. How do parents kidnap their own children? Can you kidnap your kids of minor ages?

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The couple accused of kidnapping their boys and sailing with them to Cuba to elude authorities are staying in jail.
On Friday, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken's (HAY'-ken) public defender didn't contest a request by prosecutors in Tampa that they remain in jail without bond.
The Hakkens didn't appear at the hearing.
The pretrial detention hearing had been scheduled to determine whether they would be released until their trial on charges of kidnapping and interfering with custody.
Police say the Hakkens lost custody of their boys, ages 4 and 2, after authorities found them in a Louisiana hotel room with drugs and weapons.
Last week, the boys' maternal grandparents were granted custody. That's when police say Joshua Hakken broke into the home, tied up his mother-in-law, took the children and eventually set sail for Cuba.

Kathianne
04-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Why they lost custody:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/253580/158/Josh-and-Sharyn-Hakken-of-Louisiana-had-lost-custody-of-their-two-boys-Chase-and-Cole-the-family-has-been-located-in-Cuban-Marina

...Last week, the police department in Slidell, Louisiana, issued its own statement offering background on the Hakkens and why the boys were taken from the parents last year.

In June of 2012, Slidell police responded to a disturbance report at a hotel where Josh and Sharyn Hakken were staying with their sons, the police statement said.

"When police arrived, both Mr. and Mrs. Hakken were acting in a bizarre manner that alarmed officers. They were talking about 'completing their ultimate journey' and were traveling across the country to 'take a journey to the Armageddon'," the Slidell police statement said, adding, "Let it be noted that both of their children were present in the hotel room at the time."

Because of the parents' behavior and "the fact that narcotics and weapons were located inside of the hotel room," the children were taken by child welfare officers, and Joshua Hakken was arrested on drug charges, the statement said.

"Approximately two weeks later, Slidell Police were notified that Mr. Hakken had shown up to the foster family home ... with a firearm demanding the return of his children," the Slidell police statement continued. "The foster parents called 911, and Mr. Hakken fled without his children. We have heard nothing until (Wednesday)."

At some point over the past few months, the children were sent to Tampa to live with their grandmother, Patricia Hauser, the mother of Sharyn Hakken.

Now why you think you don't need a link to an AP article? Your reason doesn't cut it.

Here is a link to the AP article:

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/04/12/2597748/parents-accused-of-kidnapping.html

Robert A Whit
04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
I told the story and not one word posted by Kathianne showed any discrepancy on my part. So, she thinking she is maybe a hero or something, directed snotty comments my way as if I had done wrong.

Sorry Kathie you put so much power in the cops hands and so little in the parents hands that you feel you had to take a punch at me.

Many parents have both guns and drugs in their residences but so far, other than this couple in LA, can you show us other cases?

Also, do you believe that the biological parents can kidnap their own children?

I had no way to be sure you sided with Democrats till this came up.

Kathianne
04-13-2013, 01:42 AM
I told the story and not one word posted by Kathianne showed any discrepancy on my part. So, she thinking she is maybe a hero or something, directed snotty comments my way as if I had done wrong.

Sorry Kathie you put so much power in the cops hands and so little in the parents hands that you feel you had to take a punch at me.

Many parents have both guns and drugs in their residences but so far, other than this couple in LA, can you show us other cases?

Also, do you believe that the biological parents can kidnap their own children?

I had no way to be sure you sided with Democrats till this came up.

You purposefully refused to link, claiming that you didn't NEED to for bogus reasons.

You claimed that drugs and guns were no reason for loss of children, unless you MISSED something.

I gave a linked and enough information on why the matter of child custody was lost. Not only the police, but a court found reason. Something that sounded very much like a little family Armageddon story. I agree they did not consult with YOU.

After they did lose custody, the father came at the foster parents with gun. That didn't work out well.

When the children were place with grandparents, the father and mother kidnapped the kids, took them from FL to Cuba over troubled seas. Then surprisingly were given up by Cuba.

Bobby, your attempts at condescension towards me aren't working real well, other than upping both my rep and pm's.

Truth is, you should just follow the rules and try to play with those that like to play with you. That would be TF and I'm surprised to note, Cadet. Shockingly those ladies that you claim to find so wonderful have been repping me more than normal. Why? They don't want to 'thank' my posts, since you seem to find that reason to attack.