PDA

View Full Version : Kids Baseball

Jeff
04-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Well last night my youngest Wyatt had a game and yes they lost again but Wyatt did fantastic , he started pitching and did good , he let up 3 runs in the first two innings , in his age group kids can only throw 60 pitches in ( I think ) a five day period so they pulled him after the second inning as to save him for the next game

AS for batting he got up the first time and was hit with a pitch ( against the fastest pitcher in their league ) and then while pitching he threw to their clean up batter who hit a line drive right back at him it bounced of his shin but he dove and grabbed the ball and threw there clean up batter out at first . This morning he has two dark bruises and is icing them

After coming off the mound they put him at short where he made a diving catch ( a hard line drive close to second base ) and had the sense to jump up and tag the runner coming off of second , the next inning a hard shot on the ground was hit he scooped it up and stepped on second( they had a man on first ) as he threw the ball to first to get his second double play of the game ( at this age double plays don't happen much )

Yup I was very proud as parents from both teams came up to me after the game talking about what a ball player he is and they can't wait to see him playing school ball

OOO well I just had to share :cool:

Thunderknuckles
04-13-2013, 11:22 AM
My son is an 8 year old moose and I love watching him tear it up on the football field and in karate.
Living vicariously through your kids is great :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Well last night my youngest Wyatt had a game and yes they lost again but Wyatt did fantastic , he started pitching and did good , he let up 3 runs in the first two innings , in his age group kids can only throw 60 pitches in ( I think ) a five day period so they pulled him after the second inning as to save him for the next game

AS for batting he got up the first time and was hit with a pitch ( against the fastest pitcher in their league ) and then while pitching he threw to their clean up batter who hit a line drive right back at him it bounced of his shin but he dove and grabbed the ball and threw there clean up batter out at first . This morning he has two dark bruises and is icing them

After coming off the mound they put him at short where he made a diving catch ( a hard line drive close to second base ) and had the sense to jump up and tag the runner coming off of second , the next inning a hard shot on the ground was hit he scooped it up and stepped on second( they had a man on first ) as he threw the ball to first to get his second double play of the game ( at this age double plays don't happen much )

Yup I was very proud as parents from both teams came up to me after the game talking about what a ball player he is and they can't wait to see him playing school ball

OOO well I just had to share :cool:

Kids doing well deserve to be praised. A dad doing so when its truly earned by the kid is simply being a great parent IMHO.
Your son richly deserves your praise and thanks for sharing. -Tyr