PDA

View Full Version : If you lose your job in a low benefit state

tailfins
04-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Don't forget about combined wage claims. For example, if you lose your job in NH which only pays $275 per week maximum, get a temp job even if only for a weekend handing out coupons in MA, as long as it's on a W-2 basis. You can then file a combined wage claim in MA because you have multi-state wages and get up to $700+ per week. Furthermore, MA wages credit immediately, so you don't even need to wait for the quarter to complete before filing in MA.

aboutime
04-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Don't forget about combined wage claims. For example, if you lose your job in NH which only pays $275 per week maximum, get a temp job even if only for a weekend handing out coupons in MA, as long as it's on a W-2 basis. You can then file a combined wage claim in MA because you have multi-state wages and get up to $700+ per week. Furthermore, MA wages credit immediately, so you don't even need to wait for the quarter to complete before filing in MA.

tailfins. Perfect recipe for how someone can CHEAT. Is that based on personal experience, or have you dedicated yourself to Liberal thinking, and voting for Obama types???

tailfins
04-13-2013, 08:50 PM
tailfins. Perfect recipe for how someone can CHEAT. Is that based on personal experience, or have you dedicated yourself to Liberal thinking, and voting for Obama types???

No cheating is involved: just a clever reading and application of the rules as published. If Massachusetts voters want to give me their money, why not accommodate them? Like the saying goes "Earn it in Massachusetts and spend it in New Hampshire." The $700 per week goes really far with no sales tax nor state income tax. The key is to get Democrat benefits, pay Republican taxes and live under Republican regulation.

Many consultants live in NH, working 8-10 months per year, letting Massachusetts provide an income for the months they don't work. You need to earn about $61,000 in the previous 12 months to get the max. from Mass. The agency term is "being on the bench".

I know several people that "move up to New Hampshire" and "move down to Massachusetts". That means live in NH when your income rises and live in MA when your income falls.

Robert A Whit
04-13-2013, 09:00 PM
No cheating is involved: just a clever reading and application of the rules as published. If Massachusetts voters want to give me their money, why not accommodate them? Like the saying goes "Earn it in Massachusetts and spend it in New Hampshire." The $700 per week goes really far with no sales tax nor state income tax. The key is to get Democrat benefits, pay Republican taxes and live under Republican regulation.

That reminded me of how the economy was working in Berlin before the wall was built. Earn money in West Berlin, spend it in East Berlin.

To show how it worked, a US dollar purchased 4 west German marks. And per West German mark, we got 4 East German marks. Thus to eat a meal at a decent restaurant in East Berlin was very cheap. If the meal cost me 16 Marks, all it was to me was one US dollar.

aboutime
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM

Many consultants live in NH, working 8-10 months per year, letting Massachusetts provide an income for the months they don't work. You need to earn about $61,000 in the previous 12 months to get the max. from Mass. The agency term is "being on the bench".

I know several people that "move up to New Hampshire" and "move down to Massachusetts". That means live in NH when your income rises and live in MA when your income falls.

tailfins. You can deny it's cheating as much as you like. But. If other taxpayers are forking over the money you call A CLEVER reading, and application. IT IS CHEATING the taxpayers. Namely You, Me, and any other American who pays taxes.
The money has to come from somewhere. Would you suggest they are OBAMA BUCKS?

DragonStryk72
04-14-2013, 09:30 AM

Or you could just go live somewhere that doesn't have that bullshit setup, and not run the government benefits version of a shell game.