PDA

View Full Version : Fun games for North Korea

Robert A Whit
04-13-2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/13/north-korean-propaganda-video/2080805/

A video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP8T7Qar88&feature=youtu.be) released by Saturday by North Korea shows nuclear launches against the United States reaching four sites, including Washington, D.C., California, Hawaii and what the announcer describes as Colorado Springs, but which looks like Arkansas. U.S. officials were clear they did not believe the belligerent nation has missiles capable of reaching the United States.
The video was released Saturday on Uriminzokkiri, a North Korean government web site. It has also been posted on YouTube.
In it, each of the U.S. targets explodes into a ball of flames as the missiles strike on the map. The Colorado Springs attack is presumably because the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is located near there,

DragonStryk72
04-13-2013, 07:04 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/13/north-korean-propaganda-video/2080805/

A video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP8T7Qar88&feature=youtu.be) released by Saturday by North Korea shows nuclear launches against the United States reaching four sites, including Washington, D.C., California, Hawaii and what the announcer describes as Colorado Springs, but which looks like Arkansas. U.S. officials were clear they did not believe the belligerent nation has missiles capable of reaching the United States.
The video was released Saturday on Uriminzokkiri, a North Korean government web site. It has also been posted on YouTube.
In it, each of the U.S. targets explodes into a ball of flames as the missiles strike on the map. The Colorado Springs attack is presumably because the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is located near there,

I still can't see this as anything more than an idle threat from him. I mean, he doesn't seem to be batcrap crazy, so he can't think we'd just sit out if he fired those things, even if not at us. We're not that country- It doesn't matter if its us, China, Japan, or South Korea. If he opens fire, he's gotta know he's just ended his line's rulership of N. Korea.

aboutime
04-13-2013, 07:28 PM
I still can't see this as anything more than an idle threat from him. I mean, he doesn't seem to be batcrap crazy, so he can't think we'd just sit out if he fired those things, even if not at us. We're not that country- It doesn't matter if its us, China, Japan, or South Korea. If he opens fire, he's gotta know he's just ended his line's rulership of N. Korea.

DragonStryk. I have full confidence that...if the little idiot decides to launch anything with a course toward any U.S. Interest. Just ONE navy ship located in the Pacific theater of operations may get the Nod to be Proud of their accomplishments...exactly like SEAL TEAM 6.

As for his rulership. Rumor has it. He is having problems with his Senior Military, and needs to demonstrate to them, that he is the Boss.
I fear...If he uses that idea. His term as Boss will be a short one...considering how the little fat idiot is also Abusing the Families of the members of his Military with whatever he has to use.
In fact. I wouldn't put it past one of his Higher Ranking Officers to TEST their SIDEARM on him.

Robert A Whit
04-13-2013, 07:34 PM

This guy is bats. Last time the south was invaded, they had no notice. Maybe he plans to try to trick us into thinking he won't attack by doing things like this. As you say, who takes that guy serious?

I don't think this idea of his will work. I expect our side is fully in full alert all the time now.

If he dares attack, he will be dust as you say.

DragonStryk72
04-13-2013, 09:11 PM
This guy is bats. Last time the south was invaded, they had no notice. Maybe he plans to try to trick us into thinking he won't attack by doing things like this. As you say, who takes that guy serious?

I don't think this idea of his will work. I expect our side is fully in full alert all the time now.

If he dares attack, he will be dust as you say.

Yeah, but this isn't like with Iraq or Iran, where we have to consider that he sees death as an upswing if he spits himself in order to hurt us. He's a dictator sure, but he's not insane. It's a shell game, so he can show everyone how tough he is. Now, whether or not he knows when to back out or not, that remains to be seen. Saddam was a master at it, and even he finally went over that line.

Robert A Whit
04-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but this isn't like with Iraq or Iran, where we have to consider that he sees death as an upswing if he spits himself in order to hurt us. He's a dictator sure, but he's not insane. It's a shell game, so he can show everyone how tough he is. Now, whether or not he knows when to back out or not, that remains to be seen. Saddam was a master at it, and even he finally went over that line.

Same way I see it playing out.

DragonStryk72
04-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Same way I see it playing out.

It's entirely possible, and regrettable for all involved if it does come to that. On the other hand, there's a long term good being served if he is removed from power, to where North and South can be reunited into a single whole once more. I think the age of these sorts of dictators is starting to come to an end, as the world at large has tired of them, a sort of relic of a time we'd really rather get past.

logroller
04-13-2013, 11:33 PM
This is what we get for outsourcing CG effects to Asia. Propaganda films.

Robert A Whit
04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
It's entirely possible, and regrettable for all involved if it does come to that. On the other hand, there's a long term good being served if he is removed from power, to where North and South can be reunited into a single whole once more. I think the age of these sorts of dictators is starting to come to an end, as the world at large has tired of them, a sort of relic of a time we'd really rather get past.

I hope you are right.

taft2012
04-14-2013, 06:42 AM
The North Koreans are like Pavlov's dogs. They've been conditioned to act a certain way and get rewarded.

When they barked during the Clinton presidency, they were rewarded with oil and two light water nuclear reactors.

http://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/agreedframework

On October 21, 1994, the United States and North Korea signed an agreement-the Agreed Framework (http://www.armscontrol.org/documents/af.asp)-calling upon Pyongyang to freeze operation and construction of nuclear reactors suspected of being part of a covert nuclear weapons program in exchange for two proliferation-resistant nuclear power reactors. The agreement also called upon the United States to supply North Korea with fuel oil pending construction of the reactors. An international consortium called the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization (KEDO) was formed to implement the agreement.
The Agreed Framework ended an 18-month crisis during which North Korea announced its intention to withdraw from the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT), under which North Korea committed not to develop nuclear weapons. (See ACA's Chronology of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear and Missile Diplomacy (http://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron.asp) for more information on U.S.-North Korean nuclear relations.)

DragonStryk72
04-14-2013, 08:47 AM
I hope you are right.

The things is, though, that any war with NK is going to be short and to the point. We already fought the Korean war once, and out tech has improved noticeably since then. UAVs, Drone strikes, missiles that pick out one unlucky bastard, trail him for 14 hours, and then nail him while he's away from collateral damage. We Spec Ops that are all trained and have field experience in guerrilla warfare, and thanks to Iraq, our EOD guys have got a ton of experience with road traps for vehicle.

Have you noticed that I didn't mention our numbers or our nukes? Yeah, there's a reason for that: We. don't. need. them. Truthfully, with drones, UAVs, our pilots, missiles and such, there's not too much we would need the ground forces for, save to secure locations and mop up.

I give the war... a month. A month and a half if they immediately take to the jungles. It won't be like Iraq where we had mass surrenders going down, they'll fight, but honestly, it's not going to matter that they do.

Robert A Whit
04-14-2013, 02:35 PM
The things is, though, that any war with NK is going to be short and to the point. We already fought the Korean war once, and out tech has improved noticeably since then. UAVs, Drone strikes, missiles that pick out one unlucky bastard, trail him for 14 hours, and then nail him while he's away from collateral damage. We Spec Ops that are all trained and have field experience in guerrilla warfare, and thanks to Iraq, our EOD guys have got a ton of experience with road traps for vehicle.

Have you noticed that I didn't mention our numbers or our nukes? Yeah, there's a reason for that: We. don't. need. them. Truthfully, with drones, UAVs, our pilots, missiles and such, there's not too much we would need the ground forces for, save to secure locations and mop up.

I give the war... a month. A month and a half if they immediately take to the jungles. It won't be like Iraq where we had mass surrenders going down, they'll fight, but honestly, it's not going to matter that they do.

It is not the high tech toys I am concerned with, it is the massive army in the north. They have so many troops they dwarf anything we have. And they don't mind having them killed in combat.

They will invade S. Korea and I can't see it lasting a short time. It lasted some years the last time.

If we use nukes, it can put an end to the war I hope. The head of the snake would have to be removed of course.

Drummond
04-14-2013, 03:09 PM
I think N Korea will look for weakness from his enemies. Once seen, they will exploit it to gain concessions.

Then, things will cool down for a while. N Korea will take yet more time out to perfect their weapons capabilities, then threaten AGAIN.

This process appears to be underway, with Kerry the Leftie trying to offer an olive branch. N Korea will see that - and rightly, I believe - as evidence of the weakness they expect.

They will exploit it to the fullest extent.

DragonStryk72
04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
It is not the high tech toys I am concerned with, it is the massive army in the north. They have so many troops they dwarf anything we have. And they don't mind having them killed in combat.

They will invade S. Korea and I can't see it lasting a short time. It lasted some years the last time.

If we use nukes, it can put an end to the war I hope. The head of the snake would have to be removed of course.

Why would we use nukes? It's the least effective tool for the job that we have at hand. The whole reason we ran into the problem last time is that we were still a land battles army, as opposed to a guerrilla fighting and skirmishing army. This time, we know how to fight it, and more importantly, we don't have to fight their way anymore. Everything that made that encounter take so long before has been circumvented by the high tech toys, which is why I brought them up.

Conventional warfare is basically the least effective way we could fight, and would be a huge departure from our current manner of waging war.

aboutime
04-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Why would we use nukes? It's the least effective tool for the job that we have at hand. The whole reason we ran into the problem last time is that we were still a land battles army, as opposed to a guerrilla fighting and skirmishing army. This time, we know how to fight it, and more importantly, we don't have to fight their way anymore. Everything that made that encounter take so long before has been circumvented by the high tech toys, which is why I brought them up.

Conventional warfare is basically the least effective way we could fight, and would be a huge departure from our current manner of waging war.

Absolutely right. No need to use such devastating weapons unless they are used against us first. That MADD thing from the cold war is a stretch. And, despite the huge numbers of N.K. Troops we see parading around.
They all have FAMILIES, and the FAMILIES want to eat, live, and be safe.

Robert A Whit
04-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Nukes can make the N Koreans want to potty their pants. They won't invade and destroy the south like a guerrilla war. They will pour in over half a million men. Perhaps you forget how they almost took the whole country over the last time and they had a lot of troops, now they have many more and are also better armed.

I am not saying what we should do, other than we should not lose.