PDA

View Full Version : Depressed or tired?

jimnyc
04-15-2013, 12:34 PM
For a few days now I haven't posted or been active anywhere I usually am. Even offline, just staring into space. Usually I would watch a movie, TV, tease the boy and woman... I just don't have any thoughts right now, mostly feel like sleeping. Not angry, don't "feel" depressed, don't feel anything. Just tired with no reason to be tired and my head is kind of blank. I tried watching TV but after about 15 minutes I realized I really wasn't even watching, I was just in another world. Maybe I need more coffee? More boobies? (or any).

fj1200
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Maybe I need more coffee?

Coffee and a bagel? That's what I'm having right now, a cheap non-NY bagel though.

jimnyc
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Coffee and a bagel? That's what I'm having right now, a cheap non-NY bagel though.

Not a bad idea, I'll have to use the low fat butter though, to somehow convince myself that its good for the diet that I never follow anyway! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-15-2013, 12:52 PM
A walk on the beach or the woods.

jimnyc
04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
A walk on the beach or the woods.

There's no long beaches around me. The closest would take me about 9-12 seconds to walk! I'm Jersey Shore bound once it gets warmer, and they finish the boardwalk, to give some of my $$$ back to the town. As for the woods, I dunno, that sounds like a lot of work. Does driving through the woods count?

tailfins
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
For a few days now I haven't posted or been active anywhere I usually am. Even offline, just staring into space. Usually I would watch a movie, TV, tease the boy and woman... I just don't have any thoughts right now, mostly feel like sleeping. Not angry, don't "feel" depressed, don't feel anything. Just tired with no reason to be tired and my head is kind of blank. I tried watching TV but after about 15 minutes I realized I really wasn't even watching, I was just in another world. Maybe I need more coffee? More boobies? (or any).

Is the feeling unpleasant? Just "letting it be" is a good defense against substance abuse. I sometimes stare into space myself, but it's usually to tune out unpleasant surroundings (such as working for a "perception manager"). Let your mind wander, perhaps with images of what you would like to do over the next six months. Do you have any idea how fun it is for an abusive boss to ask "What did I just say?" and truthfully be able to respond "I have no idea." I have been on teams where multiple co-workers said they wished they had what I have.

If it is an unpleasant feeling, maybe your organism is trying to tell you something. I get depressed if I'm not learning for example. What if you go do something on your "bucket list"? I was kind of down last month and going to an Amish worship and picking up a bit of "Pennsylvania Deutch" perked me right back up.

fj1200
04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Not a bad idea, I'll have to use the low fat butter though, to somehow convince myself that its good for the diet that I never follow anyway! :laugh:

Boo. :slap: On related note I'm starting my fast tomorrow; twice a week.

jimnyc
04-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Is the feeling unpleasant? Just "letting it be" is a good defense against substance abuse. I sometimes stare into space myself, but it's usually to tune out unpleasant surroundings (such as working for a "perception manager"). Let your mind wander, perhaps with images of what you would like to do over the next six months. Do you have any idea how fun it is for an abusive boss to ask "What did I just say?" and truthfully be able to respond "I have no idea." I have been on teams where multiple co-workers said they wished they had what I have.

If it is an unpleasant feeling, maybe your organism is trying to tell you something. I get depressed if I'm not learning for example. What if you go do something on your "bucket list"? I was kind of down last month and going to an Amish worship and picking up a bit of "Pennsylvania Deutch" perked me right back up.

It's neither pleasant or unpleasant, it's a feeling of being blank to an extent. I get this quite often and it just kind of goes away. I think it's like when your laptop reaches only 5% charge, and unplugged, it shuts itself down for protection.

A trip to Lancaster area would be awesome. My Dad will be there in July or August, and we'll do our daily trip there to see him. There's far too much to take in there in just one day, and we spend more time driving than we do enjoying the place!

jimnyc
04-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Boo. :slap: On related note I'm starting my fast tomorrow; twice a week.

I'm curious to how the fasting goes, and the diet itself. I think I'll wait and see if it kills you before I give it a whirl!

fj1200
04-15-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm curious to how the fasting goes, and the diet itself. I think I'll wait and see if it kills you before I give it a whirl!

:laugh: Just don't confuse my lack of posting with death instead of exasperation.

Abbey Marie
04-15-2013, 02:25 PM
There's no long beaches around me. The closest would take me about 9-12 seconds to walk! I'm Jersey Shore bound once it gets warmer, and they finish the boardwalk, to give some of my $$$ back to the town. As for the woods, I dunno, that sounds like a lot of work. Does driving through the woods count?

I forgot that you are in Westchester. Woods are probably closer. Try driving first if that suits you, then get out when the mood hits?

If you can swing it, take a drive on a Saturday to the closest less-developed Jersey beach. My fave is LBI. Especially before the high season, walking on a almost empty beach in the morning seems to put things in perspective for me.

tailfins
04-15-2013, 03:44 PM
It's neither pleasant or unpleasant, it's a feeling of being blank to an extent. I get this quite often and it just kind of goes away. I think it's like when your laptop reaches only 5% charge, and unplugged, it shuts itself down for protection.

A trip to Lancaster area would be awesome. My Dad will be there in July or August, and we'll do our daily trip there to see him. There's far too much to take in there in just one day, and we spend more time driving than we do enjoying the place!

I just want you to know you've come to the right place! I'm an expert at staring into space. :p

Jeff
04-16-2013, 07:51 AM

If I can get a babysitter I will be there as well if I can't well I might be there also but I will be a bachelor ;)

Jim when I get to feeling that way I take either a day trip or a over night trip to the mountains , maybe just go to Jersey to see Janeen and John might make ya feel better

WiccanLiberal
04-19-2013, 12:47 PM
I have been feeling some serious depression and apathy at times. One of the things I did, as tailfins suggested, was doing something new. Not quite a bucket list item but one I had intended to do for some time. I went to a knitting store and took a lesson on using double pointed needles, the kind you make socks and such with. Right now I am fascinated with the progress I am making on my first project, a pair of mittens.

glockmail
04-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Ah, cabin fever. It's been green here for two weeks. :dance:

NightTrain
04-19-2013, 03:13 PM
I get lethargic and spaced out like that sometimes when my body is ramping up to fight sickness. Which sucks when you have to power through it because you have a job to do!

Abbey Marie
04-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I get lethargic and spaced out like that sometimes when my body is ramping up to fight sickness. Which sucks when you have to power through it because you have a job to do!

One of the many stellar qualities of the male of our species. :thumb:

NightTrain
04-19-2013, 03:34 PM
One of the many stellar qualities of the male of our species. :thumb:

LOL

...and I didn't even mention how I 'piss & moan' to Sharon when I'm sick.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2013, 03:37 PM
LOL

...and I didn't even mention how I 'piss & moan' to Sharon when I'm sick.

Lol, we all do that to our spouses. And they have to listen. :cool: