PDA

View Full Version : View of the economy

Robert A Whit
04-15-2013, 03:20 PM
The economy is very complex. Normally if a phase ended, some well versed economist types can figure out why things went wrong.

But to make determinations when it is happening is very tough.

Some may see the economy as they might the ocean. What does the sea horse think the ocean is? The whale or tuna or dolphins?

Some see it as the food; some may feel fear and see it as being chased.

OKOK

What has this to do with the economy?

I see it in how hard it is to sell homes.
I see it as many buildings with closed former stores.Some of you may see it as how well your type occupation is doing.

Some see it as partly weather. An instance of that might be renting equipment only due to heavy snows or floods for the most part. Maybe almost no new buildings or roads are close to you but during the snow, your equipment must be rented or you may not eat.

We all see it a bit different.

Romney has lots of cash so he sees it his way. Bill Gates loves giving money away so he sees it his way. Buffet is interested in buying up companies. He has that view.

Some person making bullets for the military sees it as the chance of more war means more work or the end of work may have him worried about losing his job.

We are seeing Gold tumble. Oil is too but I have not looked at the path over the past few months. But something is happening.

The carpenter seeing on TV that homes are selling faster may have hope he can get a job building a new home.

Anyway, just musing is all.

indago
12-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Table A-15/U-6: National Unemployment Rate: 9.9% (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm)

Up 1.02%

fj1200
12-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Table A-15/U-6: National Unemployment Rate: 9.9% (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm)

Up 1.02%

It's up .1% MoM. It's down 1.5% YoY. Why is U6 a better measure?

http://i.imgur.com/tWpxVFu.jpg

Drummond
12-04-2015, 10:13 AM
It's up .1% MoM. It's down 1.5% YoY. Why is U6 a better measure?

http://i.imgur.com/tWpxVFu.jpg

Indeed, why be critical of Obama's performance at all ?

-- Eh, FJ .. ?

fj1200
12-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Off-topic blither

-- Eh, FJ .. ?

I noted that it's down in the YoY measurement, not that BO has anything to do with unemployment calculations. Try reading the whole thing next time rather than feeding your ignorant delusions.

Drummond
12-04-2015, 10:22 AM
I noted that it's down in the YoY measurement, not that BO has anything to do with unemployment calculations. Try reading the whole thing next time rather than feeding your ignorant delusions.

Obama's policies have no relevance to your country's economic performance ? Really ?

I think you were trying to lay a foundation for concluding that a more upbeat interpretation was called for. For which, if of course he ever became aware of your efforts, Obama might have the manners to thank you for ...

fj1200
12-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Obama's policies have no relevance to your country's economic performance ? Really ?

Try to pay attention please.

... not that BO has anything to do with unemployment calculations.

I think...

The problem is you don't think. You revel in your own ignorance.

I noted that it's down in the YoY measurement, ... Try reading the whole thing next time rather than feeding your ignorant delusions.

Drummond
12-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Try to pay attention please.

I have.

You're trying to emphasise a lower unemployment figure (by changing the way it should be viewed, by your reckoning) rather than a higher one. To sanitise perception of performance in this sector, in a way that helps your cause.

The problem is you don't think. You revel in your own ignorance.

Coming from you, that's rich !! The illogic of your positions, revealed by me, testifies to your true agenda. This thread exposes one more manifestation of your preference for advancing your own, still unadmitted to agenda.

indago
12-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Why is U6 a better measure?

Read it at the site and draw your own conclusion...

fj1200
12-04-2015, 11:12 AM
... still unadmitted to agenda.

I was apparently on crack this morning. Lower unemployment rate over the past year is good for workers. Yay Republicans who finally took control of the Senate one year ago for stimying BO's further screw ups.

Oh, and your agenda blather is just that. :)

fj1200
12-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Read it at the site and draw your own conclusion...

How long have you been touting U6?

indago
12-04-2015, 11:25 AM
How long have you been touting U6?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

About that long...

Drummond
12-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I was apparently on crack this morning.

Your excuses to cover for your Leftieism are becoming ever more desperate, FJ ... :laugh: ... though, especially since you seemingly insist, I won't discount your statement entirely. Thank you for the information .... :rolleyes:

Lower unemployment rate over the past year is good for workers. Yay Republicans who finally took control of the Senate one year ago for stimying BO's further screw ups.

OK. So let me be clear. You're saying that Obama no longer exercises control over your economy ?

fj1200
12-07-2015, 09:58 AM
... excuses...

Meh. You'll read whatever I post however you want to justify your imagination.

OK. So let me be clear. You're saying that Obama no longer exercises control over your economy ?

Not to the extent you believe. Your logic suggests that Bill Clinton is an economic genius.

fj1200
12-07-2015, 09:59 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

About that long...

Two days?

Drummond
12-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Meh. You'll read whatever I post however you want to justify your imagination.

NOT an excuse, then ? OK .. logically, therefore, you see use of your being 'apparently' (your word) on crack as JUSTIFYING your Leftieism ??

... h'mm ... :rolleyes:

Not to the extent you believe. Your logic suggests that Bill Clinton is an economic genius.

If I were you, I'd restrict the dosage, my son. Clinton was a LEFTIE.

fj1200
12-07-2015, 01:54 PM
... h'mm ...

Why do I need an excuse for praising a Republican Congress?

Clinton was a LEFTIE.

No kidding. Did he "exercise control over our economy"?

Drummond
12-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Why do I need an excuse for praising a Republican Congress?

To find a way of explaining such a thing to your disapproving comrades ?

No kidding. Did he "exercise control over our economy"?

I'm assuming he exercised control over Party policy ? Which in turn would involve fiscal policy .. to say nothing of planned-for State expenditures ?

fj1200
12-07-2015, 04:05 PM
:420:

:facepalm99:

I'm assuming he exercised control over Party policy ? Which in turn would involve fiscal policy .. to say nothing of planned-for State expenditures ?

No. Correct answer is he had almost zero control over our economy after his first two years. If you care to wonder I can explain how you can refute a "leftie" that claims that Bill Clinton eliminated the deficit. All you have to do is ask.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 05:05 PM
:facepalm99:

No. Correct answer is he had almost zero control over our economy after his first two years. If you care to wonder I can explain how you can refute a "leftie" that claims that Bill Clinton eliminated the deficit. All you have to do is ask.
Has he ever had control over our economy?

fj1200
12-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Has he ever had control over our economy?

BO? Define control. He certainly had a say taxation and spending the first few years. But if one is going to say BO is exercising control now then one also has to agree that Clinton exercised control then.