PDA

View Full Version : 31 months

jimnyc
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Today marks 31 months (2 years and 7 months) since I had my last cigarette.

I suck at almost everything else, but I beat those little fuckers that controlled my life for far too long. And according to my program, that has saved me 167 days of my life, which is more time to harass all you bastards!

Missileman
04-17-2013, 07:50 PM

I suck at almost everything else, but I beat those little fuckers that controlled my life for far too long. And according to my program, that has saved me 167 days of my life, which is more time to harass all you bastards!

:thumb:...Grats

aboutime
04-17-2013, 07:57 PM

Congrats Jim. It's a long, hard struggle. And you should feel proud of your accomplishment.

After smoking since 1963. I haven't had a smoke since June 10th, 2009. The day of my last heart attack.
Also, as an alcoholic. I have been DRY since October 15th, 1979, almost 34 years.
The most difficult thing I had ever done, prior to my heart attack was QUIT smoking.
I was expert at quitting, and did it just about every two weeks...just before Military pay day.
So. To anyone who fights with themself about quitting the Smoke Habit.
You can do it. Living IS much more fun than wondering whether you will survive long enough.

tailfins
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
I used to think how much money my old man spent on cigarettes back when I was in elementary school. He gave me 75 cents to go to the truck stop and buy him a pack out of the machine after school. He let me keep the 35 cents change. It sure added up!

jafar00
04-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Congrats Jim. I guess this is one case where being a stubborn, cantankerous, old coot is advantageous! Keep stubbornly resisting the urge to light up! :)

Robert A Whit
04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Congrats Jim. It's a long, hard struggle. And you should feel proud of your accomplishment.

After smoking since 1963. I haven't had a smoke since June 10th, 2009. The day of my last heart attack.
Also, as an alcoholic. I have been DRY since October 15th, 1979, almost 34 years.
The most difficult thing I had ever done, prior to my heart attack was QUIT smoking.
I was expert at quitting, and did it just about every two weeks...just before Military pay day.
So. To anyone who fights with themself about quitting the Smoke Habit.
You can do it. Living IS much more fun than wondering whether you will survive long enough.

Is this what you mean when you claim some posters tell a story but you must top the story with your own story?

Jeff
04-18-2013, 02:47 AM

CONGRATS JIM
I am proud of ya for doing so

red states rule
04-18-2013, 02:56 AM

Congrats Jim. Just think - no smell of smoke. No burning holes in your clothes or furniture. Hell you are saving thousands of dollars per year. and your health is better

It has been a little over 2 years since I had my last real cig.

I still get emails from the duty free store I used to buy them trying to sell me some cigs but I delete them without reading them

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks, everyone! Now if I could kick my other 762 bad habits!! :coffee:

Marcus Aurelius
04-18-2013, 11:38 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jimnyc again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

somebody Pos Rep him for me please!

aboutime
04-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Is this what you mean when you claim some posters tell a story but you must top the story with your own story?

:)