PDA

View Full Version : What the Boston Marathon terrorists really don't get...

logroller
04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
"Tonight — look, before we begin, I just want to take a moment to talk about the attack in Boston yesterday. Obviously, our thoughts and our prayers are with everybody there. And as the president said, we don't know who did this, but they will be found, and they will be brought to justice. But whoever did this obviously did not know shit about the people of Boston. Because nothing these terrorists do is going to shake them. For Pete's sake, Boston was founded by the pilgrims — a people so tough they had to buckle their goddamn hats on. It is the cradle of the American revolution. A city that withstood an 86-year losing streak. A city that made it through the Big Dig, a construction project that backed up traffic for 16 years — I mean, there are commuters just getting home now. Even their bands are tough. It's the hometown of Aerosmith, who are, in their fifth decade, still going strong. Even Steven Tyler looks fantastic, for a 73-year-old woman.

But here is what these cowards really don't get. They attacked the Boston Marathon. An event celebrating people who run 26 miles on their day off until their nipples are raw for fun. And they have been holding it in Boston since 1897. And do you know how tough you have to be to run in a whalebone corset? And when those bombs went off, there were runners who, after finishing a marathon, kept running for another two miles to the hospital to donate blood.

So here's what I know. These maniacs may have tried to make life bad for the people of Boston, but all they can ever do is show just how good those people are."

Sorry if there's a fair use issue, but Visit colbert report's site for video. Link below

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/425527/april-16-2013/intro---4-16-13

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Unlike so many other countries, we will NOT be terrorized into a dictatorship or a country run by extremists.

jafar00
04-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Unlike so many other countries, we will NOT be terrorized into a dictatorship or a country run by extremists.

Until you get invaded and have a puppet dictator installed like you did to the "other countries".

Marcus Aurelius
04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Until you get invaded and have a puppet dictator installed like you did to the "other countries".

again with the lies...

NightTrain
04-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Good luck with that. You Muzzies will need an awful lot of suicide bombers to pull that off.

Better shore up your numbers and learn to fight like honorable men instead of sending in women and children with their special vests.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 03:29 PM

Are you trying to claim that these places were somehow "free" like America was prior to us helping take out their trash for them? LOL nice try.

Angry that we don't give into extremism? That we band together instantly when something happens to us? That we are the loudest and proudest nation? Get used to it, it's not changing.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 04:17 PM
A runner who was hurt was asked if he planned to do the marathon again.

He says no. I have no leg to stand on.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Do you really find it the right time to be making jokes about this? Hey, whatever floats your boat, but I'd of thought you would be more respectful to those killed and those injured.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 04:32 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=632095#post632095)

Do you really find it the right time to be making jokes about this? Hey, whatever floats your boat, but I'd of thought you would be more respectful to those killed and those injured.

Coming from you, that is a strange thing to say.

Maybe it is just your depression getting to you.

But to make you happy,. please post an announcement when it is ok with you to have a bit of humor.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Coming from you, that is a strange thing to say.

Maybe it is just your depression getting to you.

But to make you happy,. please post an announcement when it is ok with you to have a bit of humor.

Coming from me? Why, am I usually disrespectful to my fellow Americans when they are killed? And it's ok to have a sense of humor alright, but probably not a good idea for the attempted humor to be about people who just died or were involved in horrific attacks.

As for the depression... I suggest you tread lightly. If you want to discuss in that thread like a man, I'm game. If you think you'll use it somehow as ammunition when you're being scolded like the child you are acting like - forget it.

jafar00
04-18-2013, 06:36 PM

Dude, too soon. I don't think any time would be the right time for that one. Did you see the guy being led off in a wheelchair with a guy in a cowboy hat holding the tourniquet tight because both his legs were shredded? I doubt he would appreciate it.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Dude, too soon. I don't think any time would be the right time for that one. Did you see the guy being led off in a wheelchair with a guy in a cowboy hat holding the tourniquet tight because both his legs were shredded? I doubt he would appreciate it.

I saw another video where they show the same guy on the ground. He's trying to get up, and holding his leg. He was obviously in shock and had no idea what happened. Then yesterday I saw the photo you speak of where they were rushing him down the road. 2 brothers both lost legs. All told, I thought I read that it was over 20 limbs lost in total.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=632095#post632095)

If the guy in the wheel chair is posting, I apologize pal. I sure did not intend that some figured it was right to attack me over some humor.

Marcus Aurelius
04-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Coming from me? Why, am I usually disrespectful to my fellow Americans when they are killed? And it's ok to have a sense of humor alright, but probably not a good idea for the attempted humor to be about people who just died or were involved in horrific attacks.

As for the depression... I suggest you tread lightly. If you want to discuss in that thread like a man, I'm game. If you think you'll use it somehow as ammunition when you're being scolded like the child you are acting like - forget it.

On my old board, openly discussing someones medical issues unless invited to do so, was gorunds for at minimum, a temporary ban.

NightTrain
04-18-2013, 07:55 PM

You are really a despicable person.

At first I thought you were senile, but now I think you're just a clueless asshole.

You really do deserve a permanent ban and if I were still a mod you'd have been booted down the road long ago.

Voted4Reagan
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
this is why I blocked Robert LONG ago