PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

Jeff
04-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Well I am having trouble sleeping due to this surgery , I have to be there at 8am surgery at 9:30 so if yall would keep me in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate yall

Jeff

red states rule
04-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Well I am having trouble sleeping due to this surgery , I have to be there at 8am surgery at 9:30 so if yall would keep me in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate yall

Jeff

Hang in there pal. Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Kathianne
04-18-2013, 07:47 AM

Jeff

Already had said some, you said you thought it would be today. Hopefully you're soon to be 'fit as a fiddle!' ;)

NightTrain
04-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Our thoughts are with you, Jeff.

Speedy recovery!

Abbey Marie
04-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Hopefully you are out of surgery and recovering well, Jeff. Prayers for you!

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I sent Jeff a text to call me when he was feeling up to it. His wife replied to me that he was in recovery and that the doctor said that all went well. I suppose we'll have to wait a tad to see if it was successful in ridding him of the pain.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 02:40 PM
I too wish Jeff well in his recovery.

It got me to thinking about how many surgery's happened just on this one day.

When I had my heart bypass, the same surgeon operated on 3 others that day. Two of them ended up in my room aside from me.

I sure hope they *got er dun* for Jeff this time.

aboutime
04-18-2013, 02:45 PM

When I had my heart bypass, the same surgeon operated on 3 others that day. Two of them ended up in my room aside from me.

Robert. Do you happen to remember the last question you asked me in another thread?

Pot, and Kettle?

Jeff. GET WELL SOON!
You're missing all the fun!

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Robert. Do you happen to remember the last question you asked me in another thread?

Pot, and Kettle?

Jeff. GET WELL SOON!
You're missing all the fun!

Pot and kettle vis a vis Jeff has what to do with you exactly?

Marcus Aurelius
04-18-2013, 02:52 PM

this thread is about Jeff, NOT you.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 02:56 PM
this thread is about Jeff, NOT you.

Twice I made kind comments about Jeff.

Something is the matter with you that you did not see that.

I will let you know what the HOA tells me.

Marcus Aurelius
04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Twice I made kind comments about Jeff.

Something is the matter with you that you did not see that.

I will let you know what the HOA tells me.

You were told by staff yesterday not to discuss non-topic related issues... yet here you are doing it again.

You should just be banned so we don't have to deal with your nonsense.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
You were told by staff yesterday not to discuss non-topic related issues... yet here you are doing it again.

You should just be banned so we don't have to deal with your nonsense.

Grow the hell up. You diverted it from Jeff and tried to make it about me.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 03:38 PM
There are several people in this thread going off topic. One starts it and others extend it. If one person goes off topic, it would be wise to report their post and just move along. Otherwise, by the time we get here, all involved are guilty.

Please act like I didn't need to speak up here and let's all please get back on topic without someone having to intervene.

A few complain when posts are moved and/or thread bans instituted. But when I back off of doing that, some people go right back to fighting in every other thread. Seriously, if angry, start a thread in the cage and have at it.

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 04:10 PM
There are several people in this thread going off topic. One starts it and others extend it. If one person goes off topic, it would be wise to report their post and just move along. Otherwise, by the time we get here, all involved are guilty.

Please act like I didn't need to speak up here and let's all please get back on topic without someone having to intervene.

A few complain when posts are moved and/or thread bans instituted. But when I back off of doing that, some people go right back to fighting in every other thread. Seriously, if angry, start a thread in the cage and have at it.

When that dude wants to fire at me, all he has to do is take it to the cage as you say.

It takes a hell of a lot to get me angry and I don't like posting if angry. No fun at all.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:32 PM
When that dude wants to fire at me, all he has to do is take it to the cage as you say.

It takes a hell of a lot to get me angry and I don't like posting if angry. No fun at all.

And you're guilty yourself in every other thread. Let it go. Place those you can't avoid getting into fights with on your ignore list. /done

Robert A Whit
04-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Did you feel better attacking me Jim?

He starts fights. Do not blame me for what Marcus does.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Did you feel better attacking me Jim?

He starts fights. Do not blame me for what Marcus does.

You weren't attacked. But you were now removed from this thread. I'm not going to debate about stopping the fights and off topic crap. Your choice.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Well, back on topic....

Spoke to Jeff a very short time ago. He's in bed, drugged and still in a fair amount of pain. He needs a week or so of healing from the surgery before they will turn the device on and see if it helps. So for now it's bed and pain pills, and letting mother nature take its course. On the bright side, it's good to feel pain after they mess around near your spine instead of no feeling!

Kathianne
04-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, back on topic....

Spoke to Jeff a very short time ago. He's in bed, drugged and still in a fair amount of pain. He needs a week or so of healing from the surgery before they will turn the device on and see if it helps. So for now it's bed and pain pills, and letting mother nature take its course. On the bright side, it's good to feel pain after they mess around near your spine instead of no feeling!

Very true. Tell him we're praying and hoping for his speedy recovery!

Syrenn
04-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Jeff

i hope you feel better soon jeff.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Well, back on topic....

I wish Jeff a healthy and speedy recovery. Very likely he come out of this a new man!! Hope so...:beer:--Tyr

Jeff
04-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes , yes the pain was way worst than I thought it might of been but the Doc told my wife he had to do a good bit more than what he planned on so I guess thats why but as Jim said the pain ( although hurting like hell ) is better than no feeling !! And each day it is getting a little better so I guess thats all I can hope for , Thank you all again and I will be back on as I feel better

Jeff

red states rule
04-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes , yes the pain was way worst than I thought it might of been but the Doc told my wife he had to do a good bit more than what he planned on so I guess thats why but as Jim said the pain ( although hurting like hell ) is better than no feeling !! And each day it is getting a little better so I guess thats all I can hope for , Thank you all again and I will be back on as I feel better

Jeff

Well take it easy and do what the Doctor tells you. Take it one day at a time my friend

We are all praying for you Jeff and I know you will make a full recovery

taft2012
04-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Once you read Dr. Sarno's book, you might wind up kicking yourself for going through with surgery. And his theory of the subconscious causing problems is applicable to other ailments as well, although he doesn't make that claim himself because he hasn't studied them thoroughly.

There is a mind-body connection. When researching medicines, scientists dismiss the placebo effect. Dr. Sarno points out that this is something that should not be dismissed, but rather vigorously pursued; the fact that the mind can heal the body.

Likewise, if the mind feels overwhelmed by deeply embedded stress or repressed emotions, it can open a release valve by *causing* pains/problems elsewhere in the body. A defense mechanism.

Understanding this can lead to self-healing.

http://www.healingbackpain.com/

Kathianne
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey Jeff,
How are you feeling? Still praying for your speedy recovery, hoping the pain is lessening.

Syrenn
04-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better jeff!

and in this case if have to agree, pain is good.

red states rule
04-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Jeff I hope you are doing well. Hope to read something from you soon

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Take it slow and easy until you can act like a wild man again..-Tyr

jimnyc
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I spoke with Jeff earlier. I'm sure he'll be along, but wanted to update myself. They activated whatever the hell the thing is they placed in his back yesterday. He said it's continually giving him a small vibration, sort of like a massage, and it can be controlled and turned off as well. The good news is that he is feeling better and the sucker appears to be helping him a lot. Hopefully as the surgical incisions heal and he gets used to the device, this will leave him much better off and able to get around much better than before.

Jeff
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
James is correct , I went to the Doc on Wed. and the surgeon said the wound is healing nicely and I will probably have pain for a couple more weeks but then I met with the Rep for Boston scientific who hooked me up to a computer and showed me how the leads in my spine were placed perfectly because she turned it on and all the areas I had pain were covered , she then programed four different programs to my remote that I can use to change through the programs or the strength I want and yes it took much of the pain away. The surgery had two cuts one on my upper back right in the middle ( thats where they went into the spine with the leads ) the other on the lower left side ( thats where they places the machine itself ) and the second was suppose to be where most of my pain come from ( of course that was before the Doc had to do more to get into my spine ) but when she turned the stimulator on it took all the pain from my lower back including where they placed the stimulator . My original pain by the way it is due to a couple of messed up discs that hit a nerve then the pain runs down both legs and into my feet , 99% of my pain is due to neuropathy that can usually be controlled with meds but none work for me or they have major side effects so yes I am very excited about this and I am keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks again for the well wishes and by the way it hurts my back on the left side anyway to type that is the reason I haven't posted but hopefully that will all be behind me soon

Jeff

jimnyc
04-26-2013, 02:09 PM
James is correct ,

You don't know me well enough to call me James. :poke:

Don't confuse your remotes! :beer:

Jeff
04-26-2013, 11:28 PM
You don't know me well enough to call me James. :poke:

Don't confuse your remotes! :beer:

I was being polite :laugh: so if ya want me to call ya what I normally would I will :laugh:

As for confusing them you know I will :laugh: but so ya know when I tell you about it I will be blaming Laura :laugh:

red states rule
04-30-2013, 03:14 AM
James is correct , I went to the Doc on Wed. and the surgeon said the wound is healing nicely and I will probably have pain for a couple more weeks but then I met with the Rep for Boston scientific who hooked me up to a computer and showed me how the leads in my spine were placed perfectly because she turned it on and all the areas I had pain were covered , she then programed four different programs to my remote that I can use to change through the programs or the strength I want and yes it took much of the pain away. The surgery had two cuts one on my upper back right in the middle ( thats where they went into the spine with the leads ) the other on the lower left side ( thats where they places the machine itself ) and the second was suppose to be where most of my pain come from ( of course that was before the Doc had to do more to get into my spine ) but when she turned the stimulator on it took all the pain from my lower back including where they placed the stimulator . My original pain by the way it is due to a couple of messed up discs that hit a nerve then the pain runs down both legs and into my feet , 99% of my pain is due to neuropathy that can usually be controlled with meds but none work for me or they have major side effects so yes I am very excited about this and I am keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks again for the well wishes and by the way it hurts my back on the left side anyway to type that is the reason I haven't posted but hopefully that will all be behind me soon

Jeff

Glad to have you back pal. My thoughts and prayers are with you as always

Take it easy and do what the doctor tells you

and JAMES????

Thanks for the tip Jeff :laugh2: