PDA

View Full Version : Which Gilligan's Island character are you?

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
This may be an urban legend, but I hear that sometimes interviewers ask this question. (Apparently any answer except "Mrs. Howell" is a good one.)

I think I identify most closely with the Skipper, because:

1. I like being in charge of things.
2. I have no patience with idiots.

Mr. P
06-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Ha! The professor was really in charge, the skipper just thought he was.

The professor keep them alive.

Doniston
06-01-2007, 01:54 PM

The professor keep them alive. I am more like the professor, he invented things.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
ask Darin. ;)

glockmail
06-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm the prof as well as MaryAnn's handyman. :coffee:

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 03:10 PM

The professor keep them alive.

Always wondered why that "genius" never managed to figure out how to fix the boat or build a new one... :poke:

-Cp
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Always wondered why that "genius" never managed to figure out how to fix the boat or build a new one... :poke:

because that'd end the show too early :)

stephanie
06-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I would be MaryAnn....:coffee:

Sir Evil
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I am more like the professor, he invented things.

Dude you are more like fidel castro, look in the mirror! :D

OCA
06-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Evil would have been bending the skipper over behind a bananna tree:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd be whichever one was most afraid of bugs.

Sir Evil
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Gotta love that big beefy ass! :D

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Dude you are more like fidel castro, look in the mirror! :D

I don't think he's got one. Or else he wouldn't look like a drunken bum sleeping in the gutter. Sorry donis... you're picture is NOT flattering. It's horrible.

CockySOB
06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Seeing how "Professor" is my actual title these days....

Mr. P
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
I'd be whichever one was most afraid of bugs.

LOL..you wouldn't do well down here.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM

With Ginger and MaryAnn running around half naked? :eek:

I had no idea SE was that gay!

Sir Evil
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
With Ginger and MaryAnn running around half naked? :eek:

I had no idea SE was that gay!

Only sometimes....

glockmail
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I would be MaryAnn....:coffee:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=4033

Lot of guys got the hots for you then, babe.

06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
This may be an urban legend, but I hear that sometimes interviewers ask this question. (Apparently any answer except "Mrs. Howell" is a good one.)

I think I identify most closely with the Skipper, because:

1. I like being in charge of things.
2. I have no patience with idiots.

how on earth do you tolerate yourself then?:p

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
how on earth do you tolerate yourself then?:p
Having fun helps. So does having money for cool, grown-up toys. :p

Doniston
06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
[
Bad post

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Question? did some posts just disappear from this thread???

I have to ask.... it's the way it looks.... "IS THAT A TINFOIL HAT YOU'RE WEARING?"

Doniston
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't think he's got one. Or else he wouldn't look like a drunken bum sleeping in the gutter. Sorry donis... you're picture is NOT flattering. It's horrible. That is a rather odd statement. I would assume you would know a mirror wasn't needed since it is a photo.

Did you know that Bing Crosby was denied entry to his own club at one time because he looked like a bum? It did happen. so you see, you can't tell a book by it's cover. and I don't really think you have anything to brag about, I have already told you what I think of your alleged picture.

However, be that as it may, I consider my picture to be the weathered look. If you don't like it Tough. At least mine is honest, and just to make you happy and give you something new ti complain about.I have changed my avatar to my Tin-foil hat model .

LIKE IT??

Yurt
06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
The professor.... You think gilligan or the skipper or that other guy got ginger and marianne?

Yurt
06-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I have to ask.... it's the way it looks.... "IS THAT A TINFOIL HAT YOU'RE WEARING?"

LOOOL, noticed after you mentioned... :lmao:

shattered
06-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh.

My.

Doniston
06-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Strange that my posts keep disappearing, that'stwice I have directed very civil comments to Pale Rider, and twice they have been deleted , or at least disappered. So I will try again as follows.

(quoted from post 22)

Originally Posted by Doniston

TO PALERIDER:

The answer of course is Yes, and my reason for asking about missing posts is that I had painstakenly referenced my change of avatar especially for your benefit but that post is missing. I then reposted the information as to my reasons, for changing avatars, and the fact that I had posted on the matter before I changed my avatar.but apparantly that one is missing too. Very strange. but since I did this just for your benefit. I am curious to know whether you have any new comments about my avatars.

See, I'm trying to get along. If the bad vibes are gone, GOOD.

COMMENTS??? ------ anyone?????
?

shattered
06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
?

SINCE you asked... YES.

Please, make sense. Or, at least do not hit "Submit Reply" until someone proof reads your posts.

Yurt
06-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Strange that my posts keep disappearing, that'stwice I have directed very civil comments to Pale Rider, and twice they have been deleted , or at least disappered. So I will try again as follows.

(quoted from post 22)

TO PALERIDER:

The answer of course is Yes, and my reason for asking about missing posts is that I had painstakenly referenced my change of avatar especially for your benefit but that post is missing. I then reposted the information as to my reasons, for changing avatars, and the fact that I had posted on the matter before I changed my avatar.but apparantly that one is missing too. Very strange. but since I did this just for your benefit. I am curious to know whether you have any new comments about my avatars.

?

Hmmm... I have seen not only posts vanish, but "line(s)" from certain post(s) vanish.

No explanation, no "edit" just poof, vanish...

Pale Rider
06-02-2007, 12:35 AM

(quoted from post 22)

TO PALERIDER:

?

You are one weird dude man.... one weird dude. :talk2hand: - - :tinfoil: - - :cuckoo:

Doniston
06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
SINCE you asked... YES.

Please, make sense. Or, at least do not hit "Submit Reply" until someone proof reads your posts. Obviously you just post without thinking, but Certainly the subject in this case was my avatar. not my posting abilities. and in that subject, You are a great one to be complaining about spelling, sentence structure, and grammer (not Gramper) with the foulness that you post. Do you ever post on the subject discussed, or only on personalities???

Doniston
06-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Hmmm... I have seen not only posts vanish, but "line(s)" from certain post(s) vanish.

No explanation, no "edit" just poof, vanish... YUP--- see there was a reason for my hat after all. HEH HEH

Now, since I'm not getting a response from the person I changed avatars for. (He would rather make unfounded and rediculous accusation against me because he disagrees with me. ) I will change to another. This one from 56 years ago. I was 22. and the shirt I am wearing (if anyone is interested) is the casual indoor uniforn of the USAF.