PDA

View Full Version : Brittney Griner coming out is no big deal, and that's a big deal

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 03:25 PM
So a fantastic women's basketball player has come out and stated she is a lesbian. Why is this such a big deal? Is this going to go on forever? Can't they just be athletes, or actors, or whoever they are. It seems like every gay announcement is to get attention or to support a cause. These types of announcements aren't about equality and rights. We aren't telling anyone to "hide", but not hiding DOES NOT mean talk of people coming out of the so called closet. To some, I think their cause is more important to them than the person they love.

Brittney Griner coming out is no big deal, and that's a big dealOn Wednesday, Brittney Griner, the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft and one of the best female basketball players on the planet, came out of the closet, to the world at large anyway.

The world didn't end. The sun rose again. And Griner's career prospects are as bright as ever.

Now, imagine if the No. 1 pick in next week's NFL draft announced he was gay. Imagine if a Super Bowl champion announced he'd be taking his male partner to Disney World. Apocalypse, right?

Twenty years ago, absolutely. Today? Plenty of media coverage, with most of it likely favorable. Twenty years from now? It might receive a passing mention, or nothing at all. And if that comes to pass, if tolerance spreads across sports, it'll be people like Griner, who states her case for her identity with confidence and pride, who deserve credit.

"Don't worry about what other people are going to say, because they're always going to say something, but, if you're just true to yourself, let that shine through," Griner told Sports Illustrated. "Don't hide who you really are."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brittney-griner-coming-out-is-no-big-deal--and-that-s-a-big-deal-173852992.html

NightTrain
04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Is she hot?

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Is she hot?

She's all yours!!

http://i.imgur.com/dkRDKXE.jpg

NightTrain
04-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Holy crap!

Pass.

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Holy crap!

Pass.

Lipstick lesbians are apparently only on the internet! :lol:

aboutime
04-18-2013, 04:53 PM
So a fantastic women's basketball player has come out and stated she is a lesbian. Why is this such a big deal? Is this going to go on forever? Can't they just be athletes, or actors, or whoever they are. It seems like every gay announcement is to get attention or to support a cause. These types of announcements aren't about equality and rights. We aren't telling anyone to "hide", but not hiding DOES NOT mean talk of people coming out of the so called closet. To some, I think their cause is more important to them than the person they love.

Brittney Griner coming out is no big deal, and that's a big deal

On Wednesday, Brittney Griner, the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft and one of the best female basketball players on the planet, came out of the closet, to the world at large anyway.

The world didn't end. The sun rose again. And Griner's career prospects are as bright as ever.

Now, imagine if the No. 1 pick in next week's NFL draft announced he was gay. Imagine if a Super Bowl champion announced he'd be taking his male partner to Disney World. Apocalypse, right?

Twenty years ago, absolutely. Today? Plenty of media coverage, with most of it likely favorable. Twenty years from now? It might receive a passing mention, or nothing at all. And if that comes to pass, if tolerance spreads across sports, it'll be people like Griner, who states her case for her identity with confidence and pride, who deserve credit.

"Don't worry about what other people are going to say, because they're always going to say something, but, if you're just true to yourself, let that shine through," Griner told Sports Illustrated. "Don't hide who you really are."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brittney-griner-coming-out-is-no-big-deal--and-that-s-a-big-deal-173852992.html

No way! Who'd a thunk it? This is no surprise to anyone, and no big deal.
Before I saw this thread. I didn't even know she existed.
Surprise, surprise....as Gomer used to say... 4870

Missileman
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
She's all yours!!

http://i.imgur.com/dkRDKXE.jpg

It's into chicks cause it's a dude...:laugh:

aboutime
04-18-2013, 04:59 PM

You mean She's a He? I just heard about the BEAVER'S friend...LUMPY dying.

Is this person LUMPY on top, or bottom???

jimnyc
04-18-2013, 04:59 PM

I am SO glad that you said what I wanted to say but didn't for fear that I would be told I was a bigot and a racist! :lol:

aboutime
04-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I am SO glad that you said what I wanted to say but didn't for fear that I would be told I was a bigot and a racist! :lol:

jimnyc. We both know. We don't need to fear saying such things since....according to Obama, and the Democrats. WE ARE BIGOTS, and RACISTS already.

JUST ASK THEM.