PDA

View Full Version : Ginger, or MaryAnn?

glockmail
06-01-2007, 02:40 PM
The classic question for guys. Which Gilligans Island babe would you prefer?

-Cp
06-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Without a doubt, MaryAnn....

She'd be the kind of gal that would "know what to do" with you out in the haystack...

Ginger is way to stuck on herself...

Guernicaa
06-01-2007, 02:52 PM
MaryAnn..

Whenever I got sick when I was little, I use to go to my grandmas house.
I would sit in their living room and watch The Price is Right, Gilligans Island, and MASH.

-Cp
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
To me these pics should clear up this debate :P

http://www.nynewsday.com/media/photo/2004-02/11620780.jpg

http://www.dawn-wells.com/DawnClosefr2.jpg

MtnBiker
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM

True enough, Dawn Wells has certainly aged better. But that was not the question, both of those ladies are actresses. Ginger and Maryann should be jugded for the characters on the show.

My vote, Maryann.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
It totally depends. Ginger would be much better for a one-night stand after a wild party. MaryAnn would be better as a wife or even a steady girlfriend. So the question has to be clarified to "prefer for..." and be more specific. :cool:

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
To be fair, I think Ginger was older than MaryAnn.

JeffWartman
06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Mary Ann for SURE!

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Mary Anne. I'll take a nice down home type girl over a city slicker any day.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Is this even close? It's like asking whether one would rather have Barbara Walters or Elizabeth Hasselback.

glockmail
06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Doesn't matter, as they were both in their prime for the show.

glockmail
06-01-2007, 05:04 PM
It totally depends. Ginger would be much better for a one-night stand after a wild party. MaryAnn would be better as a wife or even a steady girlfriend. So the question has to be clarified to "prefer for..." and be more specific. :cool:

So basically a throw away girl is OK for you.

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 05:55 PM
So basically a throw away girl is OK for you.Only sometimes.

-Cp
06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
So basically a throw away girl is OK for you.

Of course it would be for him - the Godless ones (Libs) only care about themselves.... and therefore he'd be "entitled" to a one-night-stand with a gal...

Libs have no moral compass, cheapen sex from God's original plan and are nothing more than self-seeking bastards who are taking this country and everything it was founded on right down the toilet with them...

-Cp
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Tina Louise (born February 11, 1934)

Dawn Wells (born October 18, 1938)

82Marine89
06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Can I have them both?

At the same time?

Gunny
06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
The classic question for guys. Which Gilligans Island babe would you prefer?

Where's the choice for "both"? :cool:

Yurt
06-01-2007, 06:35 PM

http://www.nynewsday.com/media/photo/2004-02/11620780.jpg

http://www.dawn-wells.com/DawnClosefr2.jpg

Holy crap

typomaniac
06-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Of course it would be for him - the Godless ones (Libs) only care about themselves.... and therefore he'd be "entitled" to a one-night-stand with a gal...

Libs have no moral compass, cheapen sex from God's original plan and are nothing more than self-seeking bastards who are taking this country and everything it was founded on right down the toilet with them...

Just like Thomas Jefferson screwing around with his slaves.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Just like Thomas Jefferson screwing around with his slaves.

Jefferson was a Diest. Didn't you know?

glockmail
06-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.:laugh2:

glockmail
06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Just like Thomas Jefferson screwing around with his slaves. He had a long term relationship with one of them. Does that meet your definition of "screwing around"?

glockmail
06-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Jefferson was a Diest. Didn't you know? Bullshit.:pee:

MtnBiker
06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
This thread was a lot more fun, when it was about Ginger and MaryAnn.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Doesn't matter, as they were both in their prime for the show.

I was referring to the posted pictures.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Tina Louise (born February 11, 1934)

Dawn Wells (born October 18, 1938)

As I said to Glock, I was referring to the posted pictures. They were clearly taken at very different times in the two women's lives.

manu1959
06-01-2007, 08:57 PM
what about the petticoat junction girls?

http://petticoat.topcities.com/recordsandtour.htm

glockmail
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
This thread was a lot more fun, when it was about Ginger and MaryAnn. That's what happens when you invite liberals to your party.

glockmail
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I was referring to the posted pictures. I never did like that ol' mole on her cheek when she was young either.

KarlMarx
06-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Mary Ann in a heartbeat. She was the "take her home to Mom" kind. I always was reminded of the Ivory Snow girl whenever I thought of her.

(Yeah, OK, I know, Marilyn Chambers used to be an Ivory Snow girl.... whatever!!!!!)

diuretic
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Ginger - yes I'm shallow. :cheers2:

glockmail
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey I checked the results. I didn't vote for ol' mole faced Ginger. WTF?

MtnBiker
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey I checked the results. I didn't vote for ol' mole faced Ginger. WTF?

Recount? :D

glockmail
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Recount? :D Either I fucked up or someone on staff is messing with my mind. :pee:

KarlMarx
06-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Here is my take on which "Gilligan's Island" character is a liberal or is a conservative

1. Gilligan - conservative because probably served in the military
2. Skipper - conservative for the same reasons as Gilligan
3. The Howells - definitely big time liberals. Most rich people, ironically, seem to be liberal.
4. The Professor - liberal because he's an academic. Most academics are liberals
5. Ginger - liberal. Since she's a Hollywood movie star it's no stretch that she's probably a liberal.
6. Mary Ann - conservative. Since she comes from a small town and a farm and seems to have traditional values, she probably is a conservative. That probably explains the lopsidedness of the poll. Conservative guys are drawn to conservative ladies.

-Cp
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Bullshit.:pee:

But Jefferson wrote at length on religion and many scholars agree with the claim that Jefferson was a deist, a common position held by intellectuals in the late 18th century. As Avery Cardinal Dulles, a leading Roman Catholic theologian reports, "In his college years at William and Mary [Jefferson] came to admire Francis Bacon, Isaac Newton, and John Locke as three great paragons of wisdom. Under the influence of several professors he converted to the deist philosophy."[24] Dulles concludes:

“ In summary, then, Jefferson was a deist because he believed in one God, in divine providence, in the divine moral law, and in rewards and punishments after death; but did not believe in supernatural revelation. He was a Christian deist because he saw Christianity as the highest expression of natural religion and Jesus as an incomparably great moral teacher. He was not an orthodox Christian because he rejected, among other things, the doctrines that Jesus was the promised Messiah and the incarnate Son of God. Jefferson's religion is fairly typical of the American form of deism in his day. ”

Biographer Merrill Peterson summarizes Jefferson's theology:

“ First, that the Christianity of the churches was unreasonable, therefore unbelievable, but that stripped of priestly mystery, ritual, and dogma, reinterpreted in the light of historical evidence and human experience, and substituting the Newtonian cosmology for the discredited Biblical one, Christianity could be conformed to reason. Second, morality required no divine sanction or inspiration, no appeal beyond reason and nature, perhaps not even the hope of heaven or the fear of hell; and so the whole edifice of Christian revelation came tumbling to the ground.[25]

Jefferson used deist terminology in repeatedly stating his belief in a creator, and in the United States Declaration of Independence used the terms "Creator" and "Nature's God". Jefferson believed, furthermore, it was this Creator that endowed humanity with a number of inalienable rights, such as "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". His experience in France just before the French Revolution made him deeply suspicious of Catholic priests and bishops as a force for reaction and ignorance. Similarly, his experience in America with inter-denominational intolerance served to reinforce this skeptical view of religion. In a letter to Willam Short, Jefferson wrote: "the serious enemies are the priests of the different religious sects, to whose spells on the human mind its improvement is ominous."[26]

Jefferson was raised in the Church of England, at a time when it was the established church in Virginia and only denomination funded by Virginia tax money. Before the Revolution, Jefferson was a vestryman in his local church, a lay position that was part of political office at the time. He also had friends who were clergy, and he supported some churches financially. During his Presidency, Jefferson attended the weekly church services held in the House of Representatives. Jefferson later expressed general agreement with his friend Joseph Priestley's Unitarianism, that is the rejection of the doctrine of Trinity. In a letter to a pioneer in Ohio he wrote, "I rejoice that in this blessed country of free inquiry and belief, which has surrendered its conscience to neither kings or priests, the genuine doctrine of only one God is reviving, and I trust that there is not a young man now living in the United States who will not die a Unitarian."[27]

Jefferson did not believe in the divinity of Jesus, but he had high esteem for Jesus' moral teachings, which he viewed as the "principles of a pure deism, and juster notions of the attributes of God, to reform [prior Jewish] moral doctrines to the standard of reason, justice & philanthropy, and to inculcate the belief of a future state."[28] Jefferson did not believe in miracles. He made his own condensed version of the Gospels, omitting Jesus' virgin birth, miracles, divinity, and resurrection, primarily leaving only Jesus' moral philosophy, of which he approved. This compilation was published after his death and became known as the Jefferson Bible.

“ [The Jefferson Bible] is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel and themselves Christians and preachers of the gospel, while they draw all their characteristic dogmas from what its author never said nor saw.[29]

However, early in his administration he attended church services in the House of Representatives. He also permitted church services in executive branch buildings throughout his administration, believing that Christianity was a prop for republican government. [30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson#Religious_views

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Why not have both? :laugh2:

glockmail
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
But Jefferson wrote at length on religion and [B]many scholars agree ...

He wrote at length according to whom? Many scholars? We both know what that's worth. Next the queer enablers will claim that he was one of them.

The fact is that Jefferson was an extremely intelligent man, and like many intelligent men he had a view of his faith that was complex and multi-faceted; he was not one to regurgitate the Anglican line. You and "many scholars" interpret this as deism. I say his writings referencing God belie your assertion.

diuretic
06-12-2007, 07:24 AM
He wrote at length according to whom? Many scholars? We both know what that's worth. Next the queer enablers will claim that he was one of them.

The fact is that Jefferson was an extremely intelligent man, and like many intelligent men he had a view of his faith that was complex and multi-faceted; he was not one to regurgitate the Anglican line. You and "many scholars" interpret this as deism. I say his writings referencing God belie your assertion.

He would have gone with Ginger :salute:

glockmail
06-12-2007, 07:32 AM
He would have gone with Ginger :salute: Perhaps. Some would say he would have gone for Gilligan. :poke:

:laugh2::laugh2: