PDA

View Full Version : FBI Hunting Twelve Strong "Sleeper Cell?"

hjmick
04-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Well this is interesting...

More than 1,000 FBI operatives were last night working to track down the cell and arrested a man and two women 60 miles from Boston in the hours before Dzhokhar’s dramatic capture after a bloody shootout on Friday.

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

“They were too advanced. Someone gave the brothers the skills and it is now our job to find out just who they were. Agents think the sleeper cell has up to a dozen members and has been waiting several years for their day to come.”

Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist "sleeper cell" linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-bombers-fbi-hunting-12-strong-1844844#.UXM54Yqm6hA.twitter#ixzz2R6svEjRe)

Now, are the three they arrested the other night part of the twelve, or in addition to the twelve?

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I wonder how they determined the extent of a cell when they can't even figure out if a cooker can fit in the bags or not? :)

It sounds like they are already declaring a solid link as well.

hjmick
04-21-2013, 10:43 AM
I wonder how they determined the extent of a cell when they can't even figure out if a cooker can fit in the bags or not? :)

It sounds like they are already declaring a solid link as well.

You know, if I had been sipping on a cool, refreshing beverage when I read that, you'd be getting a bill for the cleaning of my computer...

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 10:46 AM
You know, if I had been sipping on a cool, refreshing beverage when I read that, you'd be getting a bill for the cleaning of my computer...

And some are more worried about miranda rights and how cute and young the younger brother looks. THEY ARE TERRORIST MURDERERS. First things first is the safety of the entire region, then we can worry about the procedure of trying and killing this scum.

hjmick
04-21-2013, 10:56 AM
And some are more worried about miranda rights and how cute and young the younger brother looks. THEY ARE TERRORIST MURDERERS. First things first is the safety of the entire region, then we can worry about the procedure of trying and killing this scum.

I hear ya brother, when it comes to incidents like these, while not Mirandizing a U.S. citizen concerns me, it is perhaps the least of my worries and certainly understandable considering the circumstances.

My hope, with this new report of an extended cell, is that the law enforcement agencies looking for them will be as effective as the BPD were in catching te brothers.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2013, 11:16 AM

Reminiscent of how they continually showed Trayvon Martin as a 12 year old boy.

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Reminiscent of how they continually showed Trayvon Martin as a 12 year old boy.

Yep.

But this is a little different now. These are now known terrorists, on film, on cameras, eyewitnesses, on film in the chase with police, bombs found at their house... First and foremost should be the safety within a certain vicinity. And now it appears perhaps even larger, as imagine the damage 12 people can do? Personally, I think they should be ensuring that these others aren't about to blow things up, that there weren't already bombs planted and that the region isn't in imminent danger - and THEN "worry" about the terrorists rights. So far anyway, not a single right has been taken away from the younger brother, they are going exactly by the law and the SC decision.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2013, 11:43 AM
It is very possible there are similar young people in other cities, possibly at colleges, waiting for their perfect moment of destruction.

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 11:47 AM
It is very possible there are similar young people in other cities, possibly at colleges, waiting for their perfect moment of destruction.

We just don't know, unfortunately. The older brother was in a remote region of Russia last year where they fear he may have received aid/training/info. For all we know, they had 12 of them all in contact with one another. Maybe they thought it was just the 2 of them. These are the things we need answers to. It's obvious the elder brothers frame of mind was along the lines of AQ and other radicals.

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Caught just in time: 'Bombers were about to plant MORE devices but plot was spoiled by release of CCTV photos'

The Boston bombers were planning more attacks across the city and were already building the bombs to do this says the city's police commissioner Ed Davis.

Davis says it's his belief that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his 26-year-old brother Tamerlan 'were going to attack other individuals' — and Davis says that's based on the evidence at the scene and the cache of weapons the brothers had at their disposal.

However, Davis claims releasing photos of the two Boston Marathon bombing suspects 'forced them out of their hideout' and spurred them into Thursday and Friday's deadly night time car chaos and gun battle with law enforcement.

'It forced them out of their hideout and they decided to commit further violent acts. But it’s my belief that they were already manufacturing explosive devices. Further violent acts were inevitable,' Davis told The Boston Globe.

The suspects 'were not making those explosives for nothing,' Davis told The Globe. 'There was a plan there, and I believe that tragically Sean Collier lost his life, but he was truly protecting the citizens of the city'

Handguns, a rifle and at least six bombs, three of which detonated were found at the scene on Friday after officers had their first showdown with the Boston bombing brothers in Watertown, Massachusetts.

And it is believed that federal prosecutors are putting the final touches together on charges against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, despite his throat wound leaving him unable to speak.

The most serious charge available to federal prosecutors would be the use of a weapon of mass destruction to kill people, which carries a possible death sentence. Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.

CBS News' John Miller has claimed investigators believe the wound to the back of his neck is evidence that Dzhokhar attempted to end his own life at the culmination of Friday's dramatic standoff.

'They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312387/Police-reveal-Boston-bombers-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-Tamerlan-Tsarnaev-plant-MORE-devices-video-released-grenade-barrage-stunned-wounded-brother-submission.html

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 11:53 AM
And this PROOF will be nice to see when it comes out in court. This is from the Governor:

Mass. gov: Video shows bomb suspect dodging blast

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Surveillance video from the Boston Marathon attack shows one suspect dropping his backpack and calmly walking away from it before the bomb inside exploded, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said Sunday.

The video clearly puts 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev at the scene of the attack, Patrick said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"It does seem to be pretty clear that this suspect took the backpack off, put it down, did not react when the first explosion went off and then moved away from the backpack in time for the second explosion," Patrick said. "It's pretty clear about his involvement and pretty chilling, frankly."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_GOVERNOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-21-11-03-55

hjmick
04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Now we have Mayor Menino saying they acted alone...

Boston Mayor Tom Menino says information he has indicates that the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing acted alone. (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_MAYOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-21-09-51-07)

Curiouser and curiouser...

jimnyc
04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Now we have Mayor Menino saying they acted alone...

Boston Mayor Tom Menino says information he has indicates that the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing acted alone. (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_MAYOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-21-09-51-07)

Curiouser and curiouser...

I do see that the article is dated this morning, but Mennino and the governor both went on record early yesterday as stating they felt the 2 acted alone. I don't know if the 'acted alone' is in response to the 12 others being referred to, or if it were prior. I'm sure the FBI or governor will have a press conference sometimes today.

aboutime
04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I do see that the article is dated this morning, but Mennino and the governor both went on record early yesterday as stating they felt the 2 acted alone. I don't know if the 'acted alone' is in response to the 12 others being referred to, or if it were prior. I'm sure the FBI or governor will have a press conference sometimes today.

We must all remember. FIRST, and FOREMOST. The Mayor, and the Gov. are.....BOTH DEMOCRATS.

They must always fall in line with the Administration in Washington, and Obama. All of whom have declared...The use of words like TERROR, TERRORISTS, and WAR ON TERROR...are no longer applicable to speech in America since....OBL was personally KILLED by Obama, and with OBL's death. Came the end of all Terrorist Threats, and Terrorists in the U.S.A.....

UNTIL.....Benghazi....and FOUR U.S. Citizens were murdered...we no longer have the SECSTATE who oversaw those Murders, and the Obama administration WANTS "WE THE PEOPLE" to forget, or not remember what took place on SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001.

OUT OF MIND...out of their head. Nothing to talk, or worry about. BANG, BANG.