PDA

View Full Version : Four Failures of New Amnesty Bill S.1348

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Four Failures of New Amnesty Bill S.1348

These Failures in the Bill Ensure that Illegal Immigration Will Continue After the Amnesty

Failure #1: BUSH/KENNEDY BILL DOES NOT REQUIRE EXIT SYSTEM TO ENSURE AGAINST 'OVERSTAYED' ILLEGAL ALIENS IN FUTURE

An estimated 40 percent of all illegal aliens came to this country legally on temporary visas as students, tourists and workers.

S. 1348 leaves out a requirement that a computerized exit system be in place and working before any new immigration programs can begin. This ensures that if this bill passes, we will continue to have hundreds of thousands of legal visitors becoming illegal aliens each year.

Failure #2: NO MONEY FOR ENFORCEMENT

9/11 Families for Secure America noted that Congress has been passing all kinds of enforcement measures through the years that never got implemented because the White House refuses to ask for funding and because the Congress routinely short-changes them.

Without appropriations, none of the talk about increased enforcement means much - particularly when based on the track record of the last three administrations (including Bush 1) of ignoring immigration laws.

Failure #3: AMNESTY HAPPENS BEFORE ENFORCEMENT

Of course, the White House says this is not true. They point out that the part of the amnesty that puts illegal aliens on the path to green cards and citizenship doesn't start until the enforcement triggers are met. The triggers must be met before the Z-visas are given out to illegal aliens.

But the big hole in that argument is that illegal aliens get their legal status long before the Z-visas. They get their "probationary" legal status, including a work permit and social security number, at the very beginning after the bill passes. If the Z-visas are never offered (because the enforcement triggers aren't met), the bill would allow the now-legal aliens to work and live in the U.S. the rest of their lives under the probationary status.

Failure #4: ENFORCEMENT TRIGGERS ARE ABOUT PROCEDURE BUT NOT ABOUT RESULTS

The triggers can be met without any reduction in future illegal immigration at all.

The triggers do NOT require that DHS has operational control of the border;

..... they do NOT require that DHS comply with the law and build all of the fence;

..... they do NOT require that DHS implement the exit system that would allow us to know if "guest workers" actually leave, even though it has been in the law since 1996;

..... they do NOT require work site enforcement;

..... and they do NOT require that DHS increase its apprehension rate or its alien absconder removal rate.

5stringJeff
06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Screw this bill and screw anyone who votes for it.

Gunny
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Screw this bill and screw anyone who votes for it.

Ditto.

82Marine89
06-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Bush is a sell-out. Neither he, nor the rest of our elected officials, care about the sovereignty of this great nation.

Gunny
06-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Bush is a sell-out. Neither he, nor the rest of our elected officials, care about the sovereignty of this great nation.

Where it comes the issue of our sovereignty, I agree.

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 06:20 PM

I've been trying to figure out WHY bush is so dead set on granting amnesty to millions of legals, and why he ignores the open border, and why he appointed a pit bull prosecutor that's more about the rights of the illegals than helping the border agents. Fact of the matter is, he's in bed with Vincente Fox.

He's a damn traitor. I'm sorry I voted for this man. I can't hardly stand to look at him when he's on the news anymore.

I just donated ANOTHER $100 to Tom Tancredo's presidential election fund. He's our best hope to shut down this kind of attack on our sovereignty.

82Marine89
06-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I've been trying to figure out WHY bush is so dead set on granting amnesty to millions of legals, and why he ignores the open border, and why he appointed a pit bull prosecutor that's more about the rights of the illegals than helping the border agents. Fact of the matter is, he's in bed with Vincente Fox.

He's a damn traitor. I'm sorry I voted for this man. I can't hardly stand to look at him when he's on the news anymore.

I just donated ANOTHER $100 to Tom Tancredo's presidential election fund. He's our best hope to shut down this kind of attack on our sovereignty.

He's a globalist looking for a legacy. My biggest issue is how he can claim to fight a war on terror yet refuses to secure our borders. You can't do one without the other.

Gunny
06-01-2007, 08:35 PM

He's a Texan and probably has a lot of pressure from business cronies who hire the illegals. They're all over the place, and it isn't like they don't stand out from the Tejanos. The unskilled labor market in this state would probably drop through the basement if anyone put any REAL effort into rounding them up and deporting them.

Doniston
06-01-2007, 09:07 PM

You see sometimes we even agree on an issue. I voted for him the first time as the lessor of the two evils. between him and the Nothing man. Unfortunately too late I realized he WASN'T better than nothing. (the nothing man)

Pale Rider
06-01-2007, 11:49 PM
He's a Texan and probably has a lot of pressure from business cronies who hire the illegals. They're all over the place, and it isn't like they don't stand out from the Tejanos. The unskilled labor market in this state would probably drop through the basement if anyone put any REAL effort into rounding them up and deporting them.

That's the only thing I can think of too Gunny. It has to have something to do with Texas. He's probably afraid of getting out of office and having to go back. If he goes against the illegals, he's probably scared that sooner or later someone will shoot his ass off. Either that, or he truely is a damn traitor, turn coat, and a whore to money in his state. In any case, we know he's guilty of NOT doing his job, to protect this country.

Gunny
06-02-2007, 09:19 AM
That's the only thing I can think of too Gunny. It has to have something to do with Texas. He's probably afraid of getting out of office and having to go back. If he goes against the illegals, he's probably scared that sooner or later someone will shoot his ass off. Either that, or he truely is a damn traitor, turn coat, and a whore to money in his state. In any case, we know he's guilty of NOT doing his job, to protect this country.

I think we are in 100% agreement that he is not representing his constituents/conservatism with his stance on immigration, and I can think of no other reason than money why he would stray so far across the liberal line.

Just as dastardly and underhanded are the Dems/libs sitting quiet allowing Bush to push THEIR agenda. ANy other thing he does, they're on his ass like white on rice.

Crickets chirpping from the left on this one.

SassyLady
06-02-2007, 09:45 AM

Yep! and CA too.

I have a great idea. Know how we go to an ATM and put our card in to get out money? I think every business should have a timeclock that reads our ID and if its forged or expired - it just takes it and eats it!!! Wouldn't that wake everybody up! :coffee::poke::slap:

No card - no workee!

Gunny
06-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Yep! and CA too.

I have a great idea. Know how we go to an ATM and put our card in to get out money? I think every business should have a timeclock that reads our ID and if its forged or expired - it just takes it and eats it!!! Wouldn't that wake everybody up! :coffee::poke::slap:

No card - no workee!

I personally have NO problem with a National ID card. Of course, I've carried one since I was 10, so it's no real biggee to me. It's kind of like the voter ID thing .... I don't understand the objections to it.

When all the smoke and mirrors are blown off, it boils down to if you are legal you have one, if you aren't you don't. The libs bitch the loudest about voter fraud; yet, it is they who bitch the loudest about voter ID. Go figure.

SassyLady
06-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I personally have NO problem with a National ID card. Of course, I've carried one since I was 10, so it's no real biggee to me. It's kind of like the voter ID thing .... I don't understand the objections to it.

When all the smoke and mirrors are blown off, it boils down to if you are legal you have one, if you aren't you don't. The libs bitch the loudest about voter fraud; yet, it is they who bitch the loudest about voter ID. Go figure.

I've only had an ID since I was 16 and I'm telling how long that was!!

I had a guy come in the other day looking for work. He showed me his ID and I just happened to notice his birthday. It said 1937.........he wasn't a day over thirty. Think it was a fake? I said "Wow, you really look young for being 70!" He said "I'm not 70!" And I said "well, who's ID is this then?" He just shrugged and left. :slap:

Pale Rider
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I think we are in 100% agreement that he is not representing his constituents/conservatism with his stance on immigration, and I can think of no other reason than money why he would stray so far across the liberal line.

Just as dastardly and underhanded are the Dems/libs sitting quiet allowing Bush to push THEIR agenda. ANy other thing he does, they're on his ass like white on rice.

Crickets chirpping from the left on this one.

I was listening to McCain on C-span yesterday talking to people in a town hall meeting in Iowa. When he got to talking about the immigra.... I mean AMNESTY bill, I had to turn the channel. I couldn't listen to anymore. I might as well have been listening to Teddy *hickup* Kennedy.

Yes, the libs running for President have really been quite on illegal aliens. They know that the republican party is hemorrhaging over it, so they're just sitting back and watching damage happen. The sad part is, the republicans KNOW this is happening, yet aren't doing anything about it. This issue COULD draw the republicans together so tight you couldn't stick a razor blade in between us. But our elected republicans have chosen to ignore their voting base and desert us. Well, I guess the republican party needs to have their ass handed to them AGAIN in '08, and lose the White House. Ya think that MAYBE THAT would wake them up? Maybe they could poll us and find out that it was the amnesty bill that did it, after the fact.

Tom Tancredo for President.