PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck's Boston Conspiracy

jimnyc
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I like Glenn Beck. I don't watch him though, admittedly. I just know from the past, whenever I had an opportunity to see a replay of something he was involved in, or a story, I generally agreed with what he said and how he said it. But on this one I have to say I think he's off base. I think this guy was cleared on multiple levels. I'm willing to look again should he provide more than 'conspiracy theory' as proof.

Glenn Beck has spent lots of time in recent days alleging that the Boston Marathon bombing was carried out by a conspiracy that revolved around a shadowy Saudi national questioned by police in a Boston hospital in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy.

OK, is he just winging it here, or does the ex-Fox, now-independent radio and Internet video host have any real evidence for this charge?

He says he does, unsurprisingly. On his show Wednesday morning Mr. Beck produced a document that he claimed is an official US “event report” showing that the Saudi in question is a bad, bad man who was on a no-fly list and already subject to visa revocation.

What he didn’t mention is that Fox News reporter Bret Baier has already looked into this whole alleged Saudi conspiracy, including the document Beck deemed so revealing, and concluded that there was no there there, to paraphrase writer Gertrude Stein’s jibe about Oakland.

It’s “false and misleading” to use the internal document on the Saudi’s immigration status as evidence of the man’s involvement in the bombings, according to US officials quoted by Mr. Baier in a Fox video blog on April 23.

“The FBI says the Saudi [in question] was just a victim of the terrorist attack,” said Baier.

OK, let’s rewind a bit to clarify this, shall we?

In the immediate aftermath of the Boston tragedy, many media outlets reported that law enforcement officials were interrogating an injured Saudi man who had been seen running from the site of the bombs. Authorities that evening searched his residence in suburban Revere.

Officials later reported that this Saudi was a student and an innocent spectator who had been injured by the blasts and was trying to escape along with many other people on the Marathon route.

Although the man’s name has been reported by some media outlets, Decoder won’t be using it, so as to not further publicize the identity of someone police say did nothing wrong.

Since then Glenn Beck has continued to link the Saudi to the bombing and to terrorism in general. He has charged that the man was in the US on a student visa that had expired and that he will be deported by US immigration for security reasons. He has gone so far as to speculate that a Saudi national may have been an Al Qaeda control agent who recruited the Tsarnaev brothers to carry out the Boston attacks.

Then on Wednesday Beck dropped his other shoe, revealing what he said was important new evidence in the case.

Beck said he had received a document he called a 212 3(B) report, named after its reference in the Patriot Act. The document said that a Saudi national with the same name as the person questioned in the hours after the bombing is an “exact match” to someone on a no-fly list and that derogatory information on him is “sufficient to request visa revocation.”

A copy of the alleged document posted online by Beck’s web site The Blaze also noted that the person in question “has One (1) prior event,” though there was no indication what, or how serious, that event was.

Wow, I mean, this does not look good, does it? Twitter has exploded with comments about how important this is, and how it presages the exposure of the conspiracy, which probably involves everyone up to the level of the Oval Office, and perhaps beyond.

Rest here: http://news.yahoo.com/glenn-beck-conspiracy-theory-whats-evidence-202312996.html

fj1200
04-26-2013, 07:34 AM
I think he's been on the crazy town train for awhile now.

aboutime
04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I think he's been on the crazy town train for awhile now.

If that's true fj. Your days as the Engineer who BLOWS the horn are almost over.

fj1200
04-27-2013, 07:23 AM
If that's true fj. Your days as the Engineer who BLOWS the horn are almost over.

:dunno:

aboutime
04-27-2013, 07:25 AM
:dunno:

Can't figure that one out either??? CHOO CHOO!

fj1200
04-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Can't figure that one out either??? CHOO CHOO!

No, I don't speak gibberish?

aboutime
04-27-2013, 07:50 AM
No, I don't speak gibberish?

Right again. You are incapable of speaking. Period.

fj1200
04-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Right again. You are incapable of speaking. Period.

Robert A Whit
04-28-2013, 02:15 AM
This actually is a case of the cops doing the shooting and the scum not shooting back. Today CBS announced the guy in the boat had no guns and never had snot at the cops from the boat. It's possible he did not ever shoot. Why toss away a good gun?

jimnyc
04-28-2013, 10:10 AM
This actually is a case of the cops doing the shooting and the scum not shooting back. Today CBS announced the guy in the boat had no guns and never had snot at the cops from the boat. It's possible he did not ever shoot. Why toss away a good gun?

Link?

The FBI states he fired, as does SWAT, and the police supposedly returned with flash bangs and other ammo to stun as they were under orders to take him alive. I'd be curious if this has changed. Here's raw footage of the volley of ammo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e6T9QxlIlKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tailfins
04-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Glenn Beck is quickly becoming another Alex Jones.

jimnyc
04-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I read on another site as well that supposedly the only gun retrieved throughout this whole thing was a 9mm from the older brother in the first shootout. But I also found endless sites from the day after quoting police and others about the shootout before they took in the 2nd suspect. I wonder if they just started shooting at him when he raised his head, or maybe he made an aggressive move? I'll peek around a few more sites.