PDA

View Full Version : Twinkie factories to reopen - with non-union labor

Little-Acorn
04-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Most important lesson to be learned here, is that when huge union demands are destroying your business, the way to get rid of them is to declare bankruptcy and shut down. Then you can reopen under new management... rid of the union thugs.

BTW, were you wondering why Obama etc. bailed out GM instead of letting it go bankrupt? They would have reopened a short time afterward, you know, under new management. And gone right back to making cars, with the same employees if they wanted the jobs.

But the unions would never have voted massively for Obama again.

And now you know... the rest of the story.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/04/unions-force-twinkies-out-of-business-twinkies-re-opens-with-1500-new-hires-none-union/

Unions Force Twinkies Out of Business, Twinkies Re-Opens With 1,500 New Hires… None Union

by Eric Odom
Published: April 27, 2013 | 90 Comments

Dear union thugs, let this be a lesson.

The company that bought the Twinkie, HoHo and Ding Dong brands out of bankruptcy is gearing up to reopen plants and hire workers, but it won’t be using union labor.

Hostess Brands — Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management’s APO -0.58% new incarnation of the baking company that liquidated in Chapter 11 — is reopening four bakeries in the next eight to 10 weeks, aiming to get Twinkie-deprived consumers the classic snack cake starting in July.

Chief Executive C. Dean Metropoulos said the company will pump $60 million in capital investments into the plants between now and September and aims to hire at least 1,500 workers. But they won’t be represented by unions, including the one whose nationwide strike sparked the 86-year-old company’s decision to shut down in November.

When you make unrealistic demands and force companies to shut down, don’t expect the company to re-open with arms wide open to your ilk.

aboutime
04-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Most important lesson to be learned here, is that when huge union demands are destroying your business, the way to get rid of them is to declare bankruptcy and shut down. Then you can reopen under new management... rid of the union thugs.

BTW, were you wondering why Obama etc. bailed out GM instead of letting it go bankrupt? They would have reopened a short time afterward, you know, under new management. And gone right back to making cars, with the same employees if they wanted the jobs.

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/04/unions-force-twinkies-out-of-business-twinkies-re-opens-with-1500-new-hires-none-union/

Unions Force Twinkies Out of Business, Twinkies Re-Opens With 1,500 New Hires… None Union

by Eric Odom

The company that bought the Twinkie, HoHo and Ding Dong brands out of bankruptcy is gearing up to reopen plants and hire workers, but it won’t be using union labor.

Hostess Brands — Metropoulos & Co. and Apollo Global Management’s APO -0.58% new incarnation of the baking company that liquidated in Chapter 11 — is reopening four bakeries in the next eight to 10 weeks, aiming to get Twinkie-deprived consumers the classic snack cake starting in July.

Chief Executive C. Dean Metropoulos said the company will pump $60 million in capital investments into the plants between now and September and aims to hire at least 1,500 workers. But they won’t be represented by unions, including the one whose nationwide strike sparked the 86-year-old company’s decision to shut down in November.

When you make unrealistic demands and force companies to shut down, don’t expect the company to re-open with arms wide open to your ilk.

Careful there, Little-Acorn. You must know by now. Stating the truth about Obama, or Unions could be hazardous to your standing as a citizen...in being labeled as a racist, or terrorist by the Obama admin, and the AFL-CIO membership.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM

by Eric Odom

Here I was so sure to read after clicking this thread tha it reopened in San Fransisco. :laugh:

Marcus Aurelius
04-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Good for the baking company.

I get Twinkies again, so good for ME too!

Everyone wins.

aboutime
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM

Everyone wins.

Yah Hoo!.....4918

red states rule
04-30-2013, 04:21 AM
More work will get done without the union

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1108/union-workers-union-workers-democrats-lazy-politics-1312983237.jpg

Voted4Reagan
04-30-2013, 07:37 AM
and in the long run what did the Union gain?

There were several Unions that were involved in the initial Hostess Strike and all of them except for the tiny Bakers Union agreed to concessions to preserve their jobs, Including the Teamsters.

But the Bakers Union refused to grant any concessions and held the strike past its point of no return date where the company was forced to liquidate and close its doors.

Thousands of lost jobs across the Country... Thats what the unions got for their troubles.

Good Riddance to the Union and their bullying ways.

Twinkee the Kid is very happy today!

Marcus Aurelius
04-30-2013, 07:42 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/KCYZ/unions/image.png

Robert A Whit
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
and in the long run what did the Union gain?

There were several Unions that were involved in the initial Hostess Strike and all of them except for the tiny Bakers Union agreed to concessions to preserve their jobs, Including the Teamsters.

But the Bakers Union refused to grant any concessions and held the strike past its point of no return date where the company was forced to liquidate and close its doors.

Thousands of lost jobs across the Country... Thats what the unions got for their troubles.

Good Riddance to the Union and their bullying ways.

Twinkee the Kid is very happy today!

We are seeing in CA, and I assume elsewhere, what are called "sympathy strikes."

A union having nothing to do with some other union, simply goes on strike to show sympathy.

So some union in Florida goes on strike. The CA union also goes on strike just to show sympathy.

The CA groups have no labor problems, yet they walk off the job.

Unions are desperate to resort to those tactics.

Little-Acorn
04-30-2013, 02:51 PM

Everyone wins.

Hostess Cupcake fan here.

And no, they aren't a damned bit good for me.
But they taste wonderful, and always have. :beer:

aboutime
04-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Hostess Cupcake fan here.

And no, they aren't a damned bit good for me.
But they taste wonderful, and always have. :beer:

Same here. But against DOC's rules, and the meds don't work well when you load up on such YUMMY STUFF.

Well.....Once in a great while. Only my heart knows for sure.:laugh:

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 09:43 AM
This thread popped up on 'who's online' and it reminded me of what is likely to happen to those minimum wagers demanding $15 an hour.

aboutime
04-14-2016, 07:31 PM
This thread popped up on 'who's online' and it reminded me of what is likely to happen to those minimum wagers demanding $15 an hour.

Agreed Kathianne. Totally. Just imagine how the TWINKIE factory workers will sound when they go out of work, and sign up for Unemployment because THEY DROVE THE COMPANY into bankruptcy?

Anyone in the USA gonna be willing to pay $5.00 for two tiny TWINKIES?

Let's see how that 15 dollar Demand works for Pizza, Sandwich, Subway, MacDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Popeye's, and all of those LONELY workers waiting for customers who just go home....AND COOK.

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm a dummy and read the title and didn't even remember and just assumed this was happening now.

In reality though, all it did was make me think of Twinkies and now I want one. :(