PDA

View Full Version : Iraq War vet armed with rifle thwarts gas station break-in, police say

Marcus Aurelius
05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01/iraq-war-vet-armed-with-rifle-thwarts-gas-station-break-in-police-say/?test=latestnews

Police say an Iraq War veteran thwarted two would-be burglars at his northern Michigan gas station by kicking one of them and ordering them away with an AR-15 rifle.

State police said Shawn Schank was inside the gas station about 4:10 a.m. Sunday in Shingleton, an Upper Peninsula community in Alger County, when two people wearing ski masks forced their way into the building and approached the cash register.

Police say Schank kicked one of them, retrieved the AR-15 from his office and ordered the burglars to leave.

Police say one of the burglars took off his mask and pleaded with Schank not to shoot him before both suspects fled on foot.

Police say they arrested a 17-year-old from Shingleton and an 18-year-old from Munising. They're jailed pending charges.

This can't be true. I mean, AR-15's are ASSAULT WEAPONS, right?
They have no other purpose than to kill lots and lots of people at a time, right?
That store owner should be arrested for violating the robbers civil rights and trying to kill them with an assault weapon, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-01-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01/iraq-war-vet-armed-with-rifle-thwarts-gas-station-break-in-police-say/?test=latestnews

This can't be true. I mean, AR-15's are ASSAULT WEAPONS, right?
They have no other purpose than to kill lots and lots of people at a time, right?
That store owner should be arrested for violating the robbers civil rights and trying to kill them with an assault weapon, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

If they had any kind of weapon even a knife I'd shot them both. I would have detained them if they had no weapon.
Here is why there are so many robberies, citizens have been conditioned to do nothing. To just give the money up and let the cops handle it later.
That the right thing to do often but not all the time.

aboutime
05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
With Holder as the lawyer representing the family of the perp, and Obama as a character witness, and expert on GUNS.
I wonder how long it will take the perp's family to sue the gas station owner, and become the NEW OWNER of the Obama Share Your Wealth Service Station and Gay Wedding Chapel?????