PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to Gabby?

jimnyc
05-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Has she finally had enough of the abuse? Is she on vacation? She's a definite knucklehead alright, but I miss her wise ass posts. Plus, we NEED opposing voices. If she made less trollish posts, and actually wrote a few paragraphs on an issue, she's a pretty smart cookie. I hope she comes back soon, it's also one less egghead for me to mess with too! :beer:

hjmick
05-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Can we trade you know who for the Gabster?

Abbey Marie
05-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Has she finally had enough of the abuse? Is she on vacation? She's a definite knucklehead alright, but I miss her wise ass posts. Plus, we NEED opposing voices. If she made less trollish posts, and actually wrote a few paragraphs on an issue, she's a pretty smart cookie. I hope she comes back soon, it's also one less egghead for me to mess with too! :beer:

That would be my guess...

fj1200
05-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Plus, we NEED opposing voices.

Just do what everyone else does, create opposition with your imagination.

jimnyc
05-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Just do what everyone else does, create opposition with your imagination.

Wanna fight, you no good liberal bastard? :buttkick:

fj1200
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Wanna fight, you no good liberal bastard? :buttkick:

Atta boy, I knew you had it in you. :clap:

:cheers2:

Little-Acorn
05-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Has she finally had enough of the abuse?
Huh?

She says something completely silly and never listens to people's corrections, citation of evidence, explanations etc., vanishes for a few months, then comes back and says the same silly thing over again...

...and others are abusing her?

If she doesn't like being called stupid, maybe she should stop saying stupid things. Don't blame others who simply call a spade a spade.

jimnyc
05-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Huh?

She says something completely silly and never listens to people's corrections, citation of evidence, explanations etc., vanishes for a few months, then comes back and says the same silly thing over again...

...and others are abusing her?

If she doesn't like being called stupid, maybe she should stop saying stupid things. Don't blame others who simply call a spade a spade.

No one specifically pointed you out, but I was speaking in general. I've already acknowledged she can troll threads, but I also know she can add to them as well if she wants. But I also acknowledge that she takes her fair share of abuse, being one of the few liberals here. Yes, she DOES get abused at times, and many of those times it's simply because of her opinion or because she is a liberal. And yes, I will speak up if I think someone is being piled on or abused.

jimnyc
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I have a suspicion that she has bailed based on being a small liberal voice who has her voice discounted, whether she posts thoughtfully, or as what some call a troll. Many post the same way, but as conservatives, and it's not as magnified as the majority here are leaning right.

I think until the majority of the board is more inviting of opposing voices, and how they respond to those opposing voices, the total amount of people posting here will remain at a certain level and not increase as we would wish.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I have a suspicion that she has bailed based on being a small liberal voice who has her voice discounted, whether she posts thoughtfully, or as what some call a troll. Many post the same way, but as conservatives, and it's not as magnified as the majority here are leaning right.

I think until the majority of the board is more inviting of opposing voices, and how they respond to those opposing voices, the total amount of people posting here will remain at a certain level and not increase as we would wish.

Conservatives get treated far, far worse at Liberal/dem boards that Gabby ever was here. Had she post a few more threads that were not just hit and run smog she would have gotten far more respect here. Her choice and apparently she made it. Perhaps the opposition voices here were too strong for her liberal brain. I gave her hell often but never once suggested that she leave . Some of her posts were even interesting.-Tyr

Anton Chigurh
05-04-2013, 06:34 PM
No one specifically pointed you out, but I was speaking in general. I've already acknowledged she can troll threads, but I also know she can add to them as well if she wants. But I also acknowledge that she takes her fair share of abuse, being one of the few liberals here. Yes, she DOES get abused at times, and many of those times it's simply because of her opinion or because she is a liberal. And yes, I will speak up if I think someone is being piled on or abused.Re: The bolded. Anyone can. So what?

She never showed any interest in productive discussion, from everything I saw her post. It's exactly like was posted earlier: She regurgitates the talking point du jour, it's proven false, then she repeats the same debunked meme a week later or so. Wash, rinse, repeat. People simply get tired of trying to deal with her proven dishonesty.

But what you said after this last quote, brings me to the answer you're really looking for:
I think until the majority of the board is more inviting of opposing voices, and how they respond to those opposing voicesYou're right, people shouldn't feed the trolls.

What really happened to Gabby more than likely in my opinion is - she has what's called a LIFE and is probably enjoying herself. It's spring, after all. She is running around half nekked Jim, and her thoughts are on anything and everything except you. :laugh:

Sucks to hear that, donut?

And by the way, I "abuse" dishonest people. It doesn't matter their stripe since I don't have a stripe.

tailfins
05-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Re: The bolded. Anyone can. So what?

She never showed any interest in productive discussion, from everything I saw her post. It's exactly like was posted earlier: She regurgitates the talking point du jour, it's proven false, then she repeats the same debunked meme a week later or so. Wash, rinse, repeat. People simply get tired of trying to deal with her proven dishonesty.

But what you said after this last quote, brings me to the answer you're really looking for:You're right, people shouldn't feed the trolls.

What really happened to Gabby more than likely in my opinion is - she has what's called a LIFE and is probably enjoying herself. It's spring, after all. She is running around half nekked Jim, and her thoughts are on anything and everything except you. :laugh:

Sucks to hear that, donut?

And by the way, I "abuse" dishonest people. It doesn't matter their stripe since I don't have a stripe.

Mmmmmm donut!

http://www.desktopwallpaperhd.net/wallpapers/13/0/homer-simpson-liasan-blue-137664.jpg

NightTrain
05-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I doubt she got tired of the 'abuse'... our reactions were exactly what she was aiming for.

She views it much the same as walking by a cage with an attack dog inside and poking at it with a stick. I can feel the satisfied smirk she gets with the reactions.

I'll admit I've been probably the most abusive toward her in my reactions to her deliberately baiting posts, but she knows what causes it and it's never slowed her down over the years.

Jeff
05-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Personally I think Gabby got tired of the personal attacks , many don't know me that well but Gabby and I have went round and round and as most I agree she post just to see how many she can piss off but with that said I have seen her post back and fourth in a thread ( not the norm but she has ) but over the years I have seen Gabby attacked and called a prostitute and much worse ( and no I don't remember going that bad but I also would get nasty) I remember one night going round and round with another poster because he told her to get off her knees ( and it wasn't worded that nice ) Gabby may be a troll at times and a pain in the butt but she is also a Mom ( to a beautiful young lady and someones wife ) I can tell you if I seen some of the comments made towards her made towards my wife I would be mad as hell to say the least

Remember I am not saying Gabby is a saint and doesn't deserve to be argued with but she doesn't deserve much of what she received and many of the older posters can tell you I would get as nasty as anyone on here but what good does it do to be a internet tuff guy :laugh: hell a 90 lb worm can get tuff behind a screen and IMO no woman should never be sexual assalted even if she is trolling

This is just my opioion but I always wondered when she would say she had enough

Abbey Marie
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Personally I think Gabby got tired of the personal attacks , many don't know me that well but Gabby and I have went round and round and as most I agree she post just to see how many she can piss off but with that said I have seen her post back and fourth in a thread ( not the norm but she has ) but over the years I have seen Gabby attacked and called a prostitute and much worse ( and no I don't remember going that bad but I also would get nasty) I remember one night going round and round with another poster because he told her to get off her knees ( and it wasn't worded that nice ) Gabby may be a troll at times and a pain in the butt but she is also a Mom ( to a beautiful young lady and someones wife ) I can tell you if I seen some of the comments made towards her made towards my wife I would be mad as hell to say the least

Remember I am not saying Gabby is a saint and doesn't deserve to be argued with but she doesn't deserve much of what she received and many of the older posters can tell you I would get as nasty as anyone on here but what good does it do to be a internet tuff guy :laugh: hell a 90 lb worm can get tuff behind a screen and IMO no woman should never be sexual assalted even if she is trolling

:clap:

aboutime
05-06-2013, 04:15 PM
:clap:

Jeff. No doubt you are right about everything. But, as the old saying goes: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Anyone who has the ability, as ALL OF US DO, to come where we can remain anonymous, probably say things we'd never say FACE to FACE with others. The temptations to stretch the envelope will always exist.

All of us are guilty of such actions. No matter who we claim to be.
So. For whatever reason Gabby is no longer coming here. It wasn't, and cannot be blamed on the rest of us since...as you said, she had her share of being just like the rest of us.

So, despite knowing "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!"

All's fair in Love, War, and Internet Political Forum's.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Jeff. No doubt you are right about everything. But, as the old saying goes: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Anyone who has the ability, as ALL OF US DO, to come where we can remain anonymous, probably say things we'd never say FACE to FACE with others. The temptations to stretch the envelope will always exist.

So. For whatever reason Gabby is no longer coming here. It wasn't, and cannot be blamed on the rest of us since...as you said, she had her share of being just like the rest of us.

Don't get angry with me, but have to make a few corrections here! Honestly, I don't think anyone joining here should have to be able to withstand a certain temperature. Even inane and ridiculous comments shouldn't be met with the hate I see some receive. A little back and forth will happen, we know that. But there's a difference between poking at one another and then getting personal with one another. I've seen some things said to Gabby that I don't want to repeat. I myself have said things to Gabby that I am too embarrassed to repeat. I acknowledge when too far has been reached and when enough is enough. Someone making a dumb comment we disagree with shouldn't have others talking to them like they are beneath us. And no, Gabby is hardly innocent, and gets a lot of what she asks for, but most of the venom is aimed in her direction.

Can we be "blamed" for her leaving? Yes and no. We don't force people to post and we don't force them to stay. But we do speak as a community. She was given harsh treatment when she was being nice almost as much as when she was trying to piss a few off. Some went as far as to tell her to leave, no one read what she posts, she's wasting her time and other nice things like that. We shouldn't be actively seeking to get rid of members, even if we disagree with what they post. Why would a liberal continue posting when being told there opinion is worthless and no one reads it? But yes, I say again, I know she had a bit of it coming by her own posts.

I don't think we want a precedent of not caring when long time members leave, simply because we don't like them. I've known Gabby longer, and almost as long as others here, from back in the early days of my old board. While I'll be the first to step in when she posts liberal crap, or trying to get a rise out of someone, I also am not in favor of casting someone aside after so many years.

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 05:05 PM

Politics wise, she and I are opposites. Still as I said at times, she was not deserving of the way she got talked to. Bad ideas are bad ideas but I keep recalling I was raised being filled with bad political ideas. I was not a bad person, but i was led down the wrong path. I suspected Gabby also was led down the wrong path. She actually thought Obama pulled for her.

Marcus Aurelius
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
It's the Internet.

If you can't take the heat.......

aboutime
05-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Don't get angry with me, but have to make a few corrections here! Honestly, I don't think anyone joining here should have to be able to withstand a certain temperature. Even inane and ridiculous comments shouldn't be met with the hate I see some receive. A little back and forth will happen, we know that. But there's a difference between poking at one another and then getting personal with one another. I've seen some things said to Gabby that I don't want to repeat. I myself have said things to Gabby that I am too embarrassed to repeat. I acknowledge when too far has been reached and when enough is enough. Someone making a dumb comment we disagree with shouldn't have others talking to them like they are beneath us. And no, Gabby is hardly innocent, and gets a lot of what she asks for, but most of the venom is aimed in her direction.

Can we be "blamed" for her leaving? Yes and no. We don't force people to post and we don't force them to stay. But we do speak as a community. She was given harsh treatment when she was being nice almost as much as when she was trying to piss a few off. Some went as far as to tell her to leave, no one read what she posts, she's wasting her time and other nice things like that. We shouldn't be actively seeking to get rid of members, even if we disagree with what they post. Why would a liberal continue posting when being told there opinion is worthless and no one reads it? But yes, I say again, I know she had a bit of it coming by her own posts.

I don't think we want a precedent of not caring when long time members leave, simply because we don't like them. I've known Gabby longer, and almost as long as others here, from back in the early days of my old board. While I'll be the first to step in when she posts liberal crap, or trying to get a rise out of someone, I also am not in favor of casting someone aside after so many years.

jimnyc. Tell us. Who forced her to leave, if that is what she did?
Who cast her or anyone else aside?
I stand by what I said previously...especially if WE ARE ALL ADULTS.

"If you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen."
Human beings with brains have that power, and option to do JUST THAT.
If they choose to remain, as most all of us have. This is called LIFE.
Some handle it well. Others complain, whine, then, run and hide.
There is no charge for membership here. So...free will decides for each member.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 05:58 PM
jimnyc. Tell us. Who forced her to leave, if that is what she did?
Who cast her or anyone else aside?
I stand by what I said previously...especially if WE ARE ALL ADULTS.

"If you can't stand the heat. Get out of the kitchen."
Human beings with brains have that power, and option to do JUST THAT.
If they choose to remain, as most all of us have. This is called LIFE.
Some handle it well. Others complain, whine, then, run and hide.
There is no charge for membership here. So...free will decides for each member.

But this is a community, and the community has rules. Part of being an adult, is to leave the personal insults aside at times and strive for better debate. This board was never about keeping up with hostility or get off the board aka out of the kitchen. Yes, an adult like community, but an adult place that we call a community, a small family. Our way of policing those we don't like, but aren't breaking the rules, is to place that member on ignore and continuing to enjoy the board. If we don't like someone, don't participate with them or engage them. There is absolutely no need for any discussions to end up in the gutter, or to be perpetual attacks at a member not liked. That kind of stuff is what is bringing the board down, but soon to be reeled in.

aboutime
05-06-2013, 05:59 PM
But this is a community, and the community has rules. Part of being an adult, is to leave the personal insults aside at times and strive for better debate. This board was never about keeping up with hostility or get off the board aka out of the kitchen. Yes, an adult like community, but an adult place that we call a community, a small family. Our way of policing those we don't like, but aren't breaking the rules, is to place that member on ignore and continuing to enjoy the board. If we don't like someone, don't participate with them or engage them. There is absolutely no need for any discussions to end up in the gutter, or to be perpetual attacks at a member not liked. That kind of stuff is what is bringing the board down, but soon to be reeled in.

If you say so Jimnyc. Even as you remind me of Hillary Clinton's book. If you call this a family, or community...seriously?

Never mind.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 06:34 PM
If you say so Jimnyc. Even as you remind me of Hillary Clinton's book. If you call this a family, or community...seriously?

Never mind.

I do see this place as a family of sorts, and friends. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way. But a lot of us have been posting together for many years. While certainly not my real family, it is nice to see the same faces posting after so long. We all must be doing something right if we're still posting together. I don't think it's the twilight zone if I think we are a "community".

When 2 members post its going to be often that their opinions aren't the same. Then we may even go as far as to tell the other person that their opinion is for shit. But after that, I really don't see the point in feuds continuing or these little wars against other members. There is a HUGE difference between posting with another member and passionately disagreeing with them, and letting the difference in opinion go personal. You can do so, and remain above the fray at the same time. There is literally no need for any of us to continually get personal with others. It serves no purpose and has always been against the rules.

I've seen threads go 50 pages before without the onslaught of fighting. Sure, lots of sarcasm, and a few flames tossed, but they were mostly filled with members using facts to try and prove one another wrong. Lately, a lot of threads don't get past the first page before the fighting ensues. That's not what DP is here for. If it's a free for all, then there is even little point in naming the forums, as they all blend into one after awhile.

But no, you don't have to think this is a community. You don't have to like a single member here if you don't want to. We just want more debate and discussion and less fighting. And considering we more or less offer a place where people can go to get things off of their chest, I don't see an issue with halting fights in good threads.

Voted4Reagan
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Several issues.

Gabby was obviously trolling so she drew fire upon herself for using that personae.

yes, she had the potential to post well, if she chose to but she seldom did. Preferring to make broad stroked statements and stereotype as well as use unsubstantiated claims. no matter what your side of the aisle these things will draw fire from everyone.

she was intentionally confrontational.

She was piled on, no doubt there but she shares some of that responsibility herself because of her style of posting.

My opinion? Overall we do need more liberal posters. I think we as a board need to be less attack oriented and more fact oriented. Debate with logic and reason and support your arguments with facts.

I have always called a spade a spade and on a few occasions told gabby to STFU when pushed far enough, but always tried to engage her in 1 on 1 debates which she had no real interest in. I tried the respectful approach and still was given a dose of her troll juice as an answer.

I think we need to practice our discussion skills a lot more here and our spouting of rhetoric a lot less. I from this moment on will pledge to not be directly confrontational and will discuss points brought up by our liberal counterparts.

we need to make the board a welcome place for all views. some of the personal attacks need to end now. I know I dont agree with Jafar on anything he says, but I still wont call him Jahil like many here do. I will debate Islam and certainly never have insulted his choice of religion no matter how much I disagree with it's principles.

Lets stop yelling and lets start talking.

Otherwise the board will die...

tailfins
05-06-2013, 06:51 PM

.diputs eb ot syaw wen htiw pu emoc syawla lliw elpoep wonk uoy ,lleW

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Several issues.

Gabby was obviously trolling so she drew fire upon herself for using that personae.

yes, she had the potential to post well, if she chose to but she seldom did. Preferring to make broad stroked statements and stereotype as well as use unsubstantiated claims. no matter what your side of the aisle these things will draw fire from everyone.

She was piled on, no doubt there but she shares some of that responsibility herself because of her style of posting.

My opinion? Overall we do need more liberal posters. I think we as a board need to be less attack oriented and more fact oriented. Debate with logic and reason and support your arguments with facts.

I have always called a spade a spade and on a few occasions told gabby to STFU when pushed far enough, but always tried to engage her in 1 on 1 debates which she had no real interest in. I tried the respectful approach and still was given a dose of her troll juice as an answer.

I think we need to practice our discussion skills a lot more here and our spouting of rhetoric a lot less. I from this moment on will pledge to not be directly confrontational and will discuss points brought up by our liberal counterparts.

we need to make the board a welcome place for all views. some of the personal attacks need to end now. I know I dont agree with Jafar on anything he says, but I still wont call him Jahil like many here do. I will debate Islam and certainly never have insulted his choice of religion no matter how much I disagree with it's principles.

I can agree with almost all of that. We will never have a time where someone is not hated by someone else. I get that, we're human and this is politics. The next step is - how do "I" handle or aim my anger/hatred, and that's where the problem lies. A member can fight everywhere, let the other get to them non-stop, live in the cage tossing insults, get others angry with the fighting, make themselves angry with the fighting (one can't be happy doing so, could they?) - or just letting that person go somehow, whether by refraining from engaging them, or placing them on ignore. I'm human enough to understand that not a whole lot of people like to use that ignore feature. Ok, that's fine, then have enough decency to honor the rules and respect the entire community, by keeping any personal posts and fighting within the cage forum. All I have ever asked was 1) for some to place the others on ignore, or 2) when #1 isn't possible, keep it in the cage.

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Several issues.

Other than blasting Gabby, I like how this seems to be headed.

hjmick
05-06-2013, 07:04 PM
I can agree with almost all of that. We will never have a time where someone is not hated by someone else. I get that, we're human and this is politics. The next step is - how do "I" handle or aim my anger/hatred, and that's where the problem lies. A member can fight everywhere, let the other get to them non-stop, live in the cage tossing insults, get others angry with the fighting, make themselves angry with the fighting (one can't be happy doing so, could they?) - or just letting that person go somehow, whether by refraining from engaging them, or placing them on ignore. I'm human enough to understand that not a whole lot of people like to use that ignore feature. Ok, that's fine, then have enough decency to honor the rules and respect the entire community, by keeping any personal posts and fighting within the cage forum. All I have ever asked was 1) for some to place the others on ignore, or 2) when #1 isn't possible, keep it in the cage.

I can safely say that I hate no one on any board to which I belong. There are many I do not like, much the same way I have an annoying cousin whom I do not like. When I come across those people, I tend to ignore them, though sometimes I give them a poke. Much the same way I poke that annoying cousin when he says something stupid or misses the point...

Kathianne
05-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I can safely say that I hate no one on any board to which I belong. There are many I do not like, much the same way I have an annoying cousin whom I do not like. When I come across those people, I tend to ignore them, though sometimes I give them a poke. Much the same way I poke that annoying cousin when he says something stupid or misses the point...

In the main, I agree with you. Some exceptions: Maineman, Psychoblues when he went off reservation, Biker guy in WI can't even remember his name, but he was a nutter, there's one here, but I'm not going there.

Generally there can be plenty that one can scroll across, some are even nice folks, just don't care for their postings. No harm, no foul.

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
In the main, I agree with you. Some exceptions: Maineman, Psychoblues when he went off reservation, Biker guy in WI can't even remember his name, but he was a nutter, there's one here, but I'm not going there.

Generally there can be plenty that one can scroll across, some are even nice folks, just don't care for their postings. No harm, no foul.

Yup, there is a woman that almost out of the gate started attacking to the point we went to war.

I don't like the woman one bit.

However, I read her posts and so long as she stays cool, won't mention her name. A delight I am sure to people in the general area of Chicago.

aboutime
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM

hjmick. I hate nobody, no-one. Hate is something I will not stoop to be because I learned long ago. When you Hate. Eventually, you become what you hate.
I leave that for those who will always be that way. They can't help it. It was taught to them.

Kathianne
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Yup, there is a woman that almost out of the gate started attacking to the point we went to war.

However, I read her posts and so long as she stays cool, won't mention her name. A delight I am sure to people in the general area of Chicago.

Good lord, who could you be referring to? Abbey? Nah.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 08:01 PM

Considering she didn't mention you at all AND considering you have her on ignore, how are you able to still quote her and get back to getting into and starting shit again?

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Considering she didn't mention you at all AND considering you have her on ignore, how are you able to still quote her and get back to getting into and starting shit again?

I mentioned no names.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I mentioned no names.

You quoted her, which you couldn't do if you had her on ignore. I give up.

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Good lord, who could you be referring to? Abbey? Nah.

Surely you don't assume it is you?

I am not starting anything just to head off the boss in NYC.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Surely you don't assume it is you?

I am not starting anything just to head off the boss in NYC.

First off, you lied about using the ignore feature. Then you QUOTE her with your response and dig, and make believe it's not about her. It's transparent, Robert. You are part of the problem when you do this shit after you proclaimed to the board to be taking the upper road.

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
First off, you lied about using the ignore feature. Then you QUOTE her with your response and dig, and make believe it's not about her. It's transparent, Robert. You are part of the problem when you do this shit after you proclaimed to the board to be taking the upper road.

As I now say, why don't you stop discussing it and it will die. I am not making an issue of this.

By the way Jim my buddy, who do you think the person you bring up was discussing in the post she made saying somebody here, she does not like? Who do you suppose she was digging?

I told the truth by the way. I did not promise to keep the person on ignore forever.

Kathianne
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
You quoted her, which you couldn't do if you had her on ignore. I give up.

Face it Jim, of course bobby can't read this, he has been attacking me since he concluded that his lack of knowledge regarding Venn diagrams made him a lesser man. Oh well.

His MO has being a creepy cheerleader for Abbey, who surprisingly has kept her cool on the board. Some may know the creepies have hit her, but not on the open board. Having Bobby as a cheerleader is something to behold.

I've pretty much been ignoring his posts, but he led right into this.

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 08:21 PM
As I now say, why don't you stop discussing it and it will die. I am not making an issue of this.

By the way Jim my buddy, who do you think the person you bring up was discussing in the post she made saying somebody here, she does not like?

It doesn't matter. She didn't bring you up in any manner, you simply assumed it was you. Doesn't matter, your charade of taking the upper road is up, just like your lame "replies" to the others in the cage. Whether on ignore or not, this is more important:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?40620-The-vibe-of-the-board

Robert A Whit
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
One more time. Why not drop it?

jimnyc
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
One more time. Why not drop it?

Consider it dropped. And I hope you will consider the post I linked you to, so we don't have an issue with this in the future, with you or any other members.

Anton Chigurh
05-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Robert DimWit, one of your worse trolls and creepers Jim.

aboutime
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Consider it dropped. And I hope you will consider the post I linked you to, so we don't have an issue with this in the future, with you or any other members.

Wow jim. Just wait till you see what's happening on other threads...behind your back. Considering, and Doing really are TWO separate things now.

tailfins
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM

.nwod looc thgim ekilsid eht ,saw taht tahw tuo derugif uoy fi dna tops eros eno gnihcuot tsuj er'uoy ebyaM .yawa enog evah ot mees smelborp eht tub ,htiw gnola teg dluow I thguoht reven I ohw ereh ydobemos s'erehT

Jeff
05-07-2013, 07:14 AM

I agree with you to a point but when getting down and dirty ( which I will be the first to admit I have done many times ) and make comments that dont have anything to do with the thread it just doesn't make sense , I am not sure you realize exactly what I am saying ,Gabby I believe could debate ( when or if she wanted to ) with most on here but when her comments are met with get off your knees , or wipe your mouth, well you got the picture that is nothing more than a internet tuff guy that we both know wouldn't have the stones to say it in public and yes this is not real per say but in my eyes certain things are off limits , see I was a over the road trucker and traveled all over the country and could usually get with my dispatcher in a short period to get me a load going anywhere in the country so when I had enough of the tuff guy internet act I would offer a face to face LOL ( not very mature but it is what it is ) so I really am not impressed with the internet tuff guy route but again to take a comment by gabby that had nothing to do with sex and then take it there ( and usually in the most disgusting way ) just isn't right , you're right no one has to stay post or read a thread but we are all adults and should act accordingly IMO anyway

Jeff
05-07-2013, 07:28 AM

I agree with all this Kat and the biker ( in his mind anyway ) was pale but the reason I hated MM so much was he went personal about another members fight with cancer ( and I doubt he would do it face to face ) as for Pale , Psyco or any of the others they spoke their mind and I believe if ya met them face to face would've done the same ( remember I was always off and on so I may be wrong with what they had to say ) if someone got nasty with Gabby called her foul names and beat her in a debate or just cussed her out I was fine with that but if ya wouldn't speak to any other woman in public the way ya could here that I had a problem with because you are not only the internet tuff guy but a person that would throw out those type of insults to a woman

DragonStryk72
05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I agree with you to a point but when getting down and dirty ( which I will be the first to admit I have done many times ) and make comments that dont have anything to do with the thread it just doesn't make sense , I am not sure you realize exactly what I am saying ,Gabby I believe could debate ( when or if she wanted to ) with most on here but when her comments are met with get off your knees , or wipe your mouth, well you got the picture that is nothing more than a internet tuff guy that we both know wouldn't have the stones to say it in public and yes this is not real per say but in my eyes certain things are off limits , see I was a over the road trucker and traveled all over the country and could usually get with my dispatcher in a short period to get me a load going anywhere in the country so when I had enough of the tuff guy internet act I would offer a face to face LOL ( not very mature but it is what it is ) so I really am not impressed with the internet tuff guy route but again to take a comment by gabby that had nothing to do with sex and then take it there ( and usually in the most disgusting way ) just isn't right , you're right no one has to stay post or read a thread but we are all adults and should act accordingly IMO anyway

Well, in point of fairness, Gabs doesn't debate even when you don't insult her or make fun of her, and that street went both ways with getting. There are multiple threads she started where she insulted pretty much everyone on the board who didn't agree with her stance, then ran off as soon as holes got poked in her stance.

Little-Acorn
05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
then ran off as soon as holes got poked in her stance.

That happened so frequently it became her established M.O.

Any reason to think it's not simply happening again, and she'll show up once she thinks people have forgotten her latest drubbing, whatever it was?

Jeff
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Well, in point of fairness, Gabs doesn't debate even when you don't insult her or make fun of her, and that street went both ways with getting. There are multiple threads she started where she insulted pretty much everyone on the board who didn't agree with her stance, then ran off as soon as holes got poked in her stance.

I agree with you for the most part and yes Gabby would insult most with her brainless conservative comments ect... but I never seen her post asking you or anyone to get off their knees and wipe the cum off their face thats my problem, it is the sexual comments , yes we are all adults and should be able to take any kind of come back but to go sexual on her is wrong .Again just my opinion and yes without a doubt Gabby would put others down and if they argued with her in the same manner I would agree with you hands down

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Gabs got as good as she gave. I've said from the beginning that I think she trolled at times and was her own worst enemy. But honestly, when so short on liberals, and getting attacked when you do offer an opinion, "might" drive someone to troll more than they debate. Yes, she often disappeared, whether bailing a lost thread or because she was gone for a few days. Yes, she trolled some threads to get a rise. But there was a time when she was a good participant, I assure you of that, even if we despised her take on political issues.

I think she was also a good participant in threads outside of politics. Like someone else said, she's a Mom and a wife. I enjoyed her wit and sarcasm, while fighting with her over the way she posted politically.

I just don't like the thought of people leaving because they feel ganged up on, whether they were the perfect member or not. I hate to see members being told they should leave or that their opinion is worthless.

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
That happened so frequently it became her established M.O.

Any reason to think it's not simply happening again, and she'll show up once she thinks people have forgotten her latest drubbing, whatever it was?

Yup, and she even changed her avatar, jokingly, to the hit and run poster. :)

She was pretty much always a good participant in all things non-political, and I think it was because she mostly received positive feedback and wasn't attacked for what she was posting. I can't answer for sure though. It would take her posting her opinions like everyone else, and others not attacking her personally for it.

But EVEN IF she did post stuff another person didn't like. Wouldn't it make more sense to ignore it, or place her on ignore? Or maybe report the post if it's a rule violation? I just find it odd that 95% of the time the response is to get overtly personal and insulting.(not you, but in general)

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM

Key words. It is impossible to actually debate anything with a poster when 95% of their posts are one-liners that are usually not even about the thread topic.

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Key words. It is impossible to actually debate anything with a poster when 95% of their posts are one-liners that are usually not even about the thread topic.

I won't defend her if she does that, and I know she has. But I also know she can be so much better. But anyway...

IF she does that, what do you really see the best way of responding to it. Is it immediately to respond in kind, fight and toss out personal insults? Would we all, the board, all be better off if that kind of crap was ignored or reported? Maybe if those looking for a rise, don't get the rise, will actually post on topic next time?

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 10:10 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=636196#post636196)

I won't defend her if she does that, and I know she has. But I also know she can be so much better. But anyway...

IF she does that, what do you really see the best way of responding to it. Is it immediately to respond in kind, fight and toss out personal insults? Would we all, the board, all be better off if that kind of crap was ignored or reported? Maybe if those looking for a rise, don't get the rise, will actually post on topic next time?

I pretty much just call her a dumb ass and move on.:cool:

DragonStryk72
05-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I agree with you for the most part and yes Gabby would insult most with her brainless conservative comments ect... but I never seen her post asking you or anyone to get off their knees and wipe the cum off their face thats my problem, it is the sexual comments , yes we are all adults and should be able to take any kind of come back but to go sexual on her is wrong .Again just my opinion and yes without a doubt Gabby would put others down and if they argued with her in the same manner I would agree with you hands down

Or her run of deciding that anyone who didn't agree with banning assault rifles wanted more children murdered just like Sandy Hook? Yeah, that's just as fucked up, and she went there more than once.

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
What can I say, not everyone feels the same way as I do. Whouda thunk it? :)

I think what is important, in addition to pointing out her faults, is acknowledging that we have our own. And I believe it's how we respond to people we disagree with that shows a picture of ourselves as well. Not many are acknowledging things they have done to Gabby. I know of quite a few who have said things that were a bit improper to Gabby. I am one of them. I made my peace with her and try to get along. When looking at the big picture, it's dishonest to leave out the treatment she received in reply to her posts. 10 obnoxious replies simply can't be overlooked when one person makes an off color post. I see 11 guilty people when that happens. And yes, she went overboard a few times. Ya know what, so have I! So have a bunch of others. A lot of crap is overlooked by the majority when it's a conservative being mean or nasty, but it's the end of the world if a liberal does it. My point being, is that while I acknowledge Gabby did her share of trolling, the rest of the board isn't exactly innocent.

To put it shortly - regardless of who it is, I think a lot of us agree that there feels like a "mean streak" going around the board as of late. Fight or get out of my way. It makes others not want to post, whether that be the liberal that takes a pounding, or someone leaning right that simply wants to debate/discuss but is having a hard time getting it started around all the fights.

Voted4Reagan
05-07-2013, 11:23 AM

bypass her trolling and stay on topic. Trolls hate when you dont feed them. If Gabby or anyone else makes a foolish statement, just move past it, ignore it aand stay on topic.

She'll either bail off the thread or make better comments after a while.

Abbey Marie
05-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Exactly, Jeff. And having been here since Day 1, and lots of time on the previous board as well, I can state that Gabby never went as disgusting as some of our folks have recently gone with her. And no amount of deflecting will erase that. At times because of it, I've been ashamed to be on this board.

I also know that what some here call "hit and run" posting, is actually the product of someone who is young, works full time, has a family, and is not as focused on the board as some of us are. And in any event, who cares? Who does it actually hurt if someone makes a post and doesn't return to it? State your opinion and move on.

Gabby and I have rarely agreed on anything. And at times she has made some rather sharp comments. But I can still manage to see her as a human being, a woman, a mom of a middle- schooler, and a person not deserving of the treatment she's received here.

Robert A Whit
05-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Good way to test your premise.

Look at how long you have posted.

Next, look at times thanked.

Then compare your reputation to mine.

I prefer my numbers.

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 01:24 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=636096#post636096)

I prefer my numbers.

for a man who has claimed he doesn't care about Reputation points, you sure spend a lot of time comparing yours to other posters. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

aboutime
05-07-2013, 01:32 PM
for a man who has claimed he doesn't care about Reputation points, you sure spend a lot of time comparing yours to other posters. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................

Marcus. I asked about the qualifications being decided here...a few days ago. About Reputation here. I asked when someone decided the qualifications or standards were established about how others decide on Reputation.

Actually. I could care less about how anyone feels about my posts here, so long as I tell what I KNOW to be the truth. Reputation points, or whatever they are called, means absolutely nothing to me.
When someone tells me they are Judging me. That is their first mistake. And, when someone derides me, or threatens to withdraw their REPUTATION points because of something I said. I JUMP FOR JOY. Because that means they have been confronted by the Truth, and have no means of changing it...except in their own mind...by taking those Mysterious Reputation Points away, or Withholding them from me. Boo Hoo!

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 01:37 PM
anyone know what Gabby's rep is?

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I think this thread is a good way of allowing us to reflect on the way we all treat one another. But let's please keep it on point. Robert, I know you're just replying to Anton - but it needs to stop, and his comment was prior to my announcement. Let's not let reputation count ruin this thread.

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=636229#post636229)

It is amazing that someone can get that kind of rep on one liners.

jimnyc
05-07-2013, 01:47 PM
It is amazing that someone can get that kind of rep on one liners.

Keep in mind, she's been here from day one in 2007. I know her bad posts are magnified, but her good contributions are overlooked.

Jeff
05-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Or her run of deciding that anyone who didn't agree with banning assault rifles wanted more children murdered just like Sandy Hook? Yeah, that's just as fucked up, and she went there more than once.

OK that is hitting close to my heart I love both the children and my guns and understand I am not saying gaby is right or never did anything wrong and yes that is a terrible thing to say but that would score us 100 gabby 1 in being over the top, I just dont think telling a wooman to do some of the things I have seen here right to do and never will , I had heard that same quote from another liberal on FB and then she went on to call me a Nazi after she had told me I must want to see more children murdered , how did I handle it , did I call her a whore , tell her to get off her knees nope I took her off my friends list period case closed no more of her liberal nasty BS

Jeff
05-07-2013, 02:30 PM

I prefer my numbers.

Robert no offense but none of that bothers me one way or another , rep points usually tells how many friends you have on the board , I am not knocking ya just explaining my feelings on them

Robert A Whit
05-07-2013, 04:22 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=636217#post636217)

I prefer my numbers.

Robert no offense but none of that bothers me one way or another , rep points usually tells how many friends you have on the board , I am not knocking ya just explaining my feelings on them

Jeff, I quickly grew to enjoy your posts. I look forward to your comments.

That remark that was made against me was plain terrible. Not what Jim wants to read. Not that many people enjoy what the man said.

He has been here longer than me yet has no bragging rights at all.

I agree with you and were all like you, I don't see how fights could start.

Voted4Reagan
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
well... it appears that Gabby is GONE. been just under one month since she last posted and she came on 2 days ago and changed her title from ANNOYING LIBERAL TROLL to GONE.

To the person that made the obscene and uncalled for OFF YOUR KNEES comment.... Hope youre happy.

We shouldn't be trying to run the opposition out on a rail, we should defeat the opposition with the strength of our arguments.

this sniping and such is getting ridiculous.... come on folks.... lets end it... or at least most of it...

tailfins
05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
well... it appears that Gabby is GONE. been just under one month since she last posted and she came on 2 days ago and changed her title from ANNOYING LIBERAL TROLL to GONE.

To the person that made the obscene and uncalled for OFF YOUR KNEES comment.... Hope youre happy.

We shouldn't be trying to run the opposition out on a rail, we should defeat the opposition with the strength of our arguments.

this sniping and such is getting ridiculous.... come on folks.... lets end it... or at least most of it...

I'm betting she will be back. To do otherwise would be the same as cowering to a bully.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
What can I say, not everyone feels the same way as I do. Whouda thunk it? :)

I think what is important, in addition to pointing out her faults, is acknowledging that we have our own. And I believe it's how we respond to people we disagree with that shows a picture of ourselves as well. Not many are acknowledging things they have done to Gabby. I know of quite a few who have said things that were a bit improper to Gabby. I am one of them. I made my peace with her and try to get along. When looking at the big picture, it's dishonest to leave out the treatment she received in reply to her posts. 10 obnoxious replies simply can't be overlooked when one person makes an off color post. I see 11 guilty people when that happens. And yes, she went overboard a few times. Ya know what, so have I! So have a bunch of others. A lot of crap is overlooked by the majority when it's a conservative being mean or nasty, but it's the end of the world if a liberal does it. My point being, is that while I acknowledge Gabby did her share of trolling, the rest of the board isn't exactly innocent.

To put it shortly - regardless of who it is, I think a lot of us agree that there feels like a "mean streak" going around the board as of late. Fight or get out of my way. It makes others not want to post, whether that be the liberal that takes a pounding, or someone leaning right that simply wants to debate/discuss but is having a hard time getting it started around all the fights.

I admit that I gave her hell a lot, even lostmy temper a couple times but when she post something I agreed with I thanked her. I do not recall ever saying one dirty word to her. I do not recall ever suggesting that she leave.
HELL, I EVEN LIKED SOME OF HER POSTS. Yet she put me on ignore and encouraged Jafar to do the same. I still ignored that and treated her same as I always had.
Jim, she should put her big girl panties on and come back ablasting IMHO.
WOULDNT BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST AND I'D WELCOME IT BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT A REAL THREAT TO ANYTHING CONSERVATIVES PUT FORTH HERE.--Tyr
Although she likely thought that she was.

Has been a mean streak here lately. I can honestly say I've went out of my way to avoid it.

To Gabby: come back and I'll take it easy on you for a month or two. :laugh2:
I never break my word...--Tyr

aboutime
05-07-2013, 07:17 PM
I admit that I gave her hell a lot, even lostmy temper a couple times but when she post something I agreed with I thanked her. I do not recall ever saying one dirty word to her. I do not recall ever suggesting that she leave.
HELL, I EVEN LIKED SOME OF HER POSTS. Yet she put me on ignore and encouraged Jafar to do the same. I still ignored that and treated her same as I always had.
Jim, she should put her big girl panties on and come back ablasting IMHO.
WOULDNT BOTHER ME IN THE LEAST AND I'D WELCOME IT BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT A REAL THREAT TO ANYTHING CONSERVATIVES PUT FORTH HERE.--Tyr
Although she likely thought that she was.

Has been a mean streak here lately. I can honestly say I've went out of my way to avoid it.

To Gabby: come back and I'll take it easy on you for a month or two. :laugh2:
I never break my word...--Tyr

We'll all see.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-07-2013, 07:33 PM
We'll all see.

You've known me for well over 5 years. Can you cite even one time that I ever broke my word?

Well, there was that one time back in the summer of 69' but I plead too much whiskey and too much lust got the better of me..;)

aboutime
05-07-2013, 07:50 PM
You've known me for well over 5 years. Can you cite even one time that I ever broke my word?

Well, there was that one time back in the summer of 69' but I plead too much whiskey and too much lust got the better of me..;)

Tyr. No. Wasn't referring to you. Just Gabby, and whether we'll see her return.

That's why I admire you. You keep your word. And that seems to drive others crazy...ya know...like Gabby???

Anton Chigurh
05-07-2013, 09:26 PM

I prefer my numbers.I don't post here much, stupid. I own my own board. I'm here mostly to help Jim via PM with some vBulletin tips, tricks and wonders. But my original statement still stands - you are one of the worst trolls and creepers here.

Anyone who posts what, 60 posts a day for any decent period? Is going to rack up "thanks" bits and reputation points. Even you.

However if you ignore mass totals and instead use them to divide the stuff out and get percentages, you're sorely lagging behind. Quality trumps sheer quantity every time.

tailfins
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't post here much, stupid. I own my own board. I'm here mostly to help Jim via PM with some vBulletin tips, tricks and wonders. But my original statement still stands - you are one of the worst trolls and creepers here.

Anyone who posts what, 60 posts a day for any decent period? Is going to rack up "thanks" bits and reputation points. Even you.

However if you ignore mass totals and instead use them to divide the stuff out and get percentages, you're sorely lagging behind. Quality trumps sheer quantity every time.

Why are you hatin' on Magoo?

http://curiosando708090.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/MR+MAGOO+.jpg

Robert A Whit
05-07-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't post here much, stupid. I own my own board. I'm here mostly to help Jim via PM with some vBulletin tips, tricks and wonders. But my original statement still stands - you are one of the worst trolls and creepers here.

You claim you post little. I accept that at face value. However your mouth needs a good washing out as my grandma used to tell kids with a terrible disposition. I offer both quality and quantity. Still you did not fix a thing.

red states rule
05-08-2013, 02:58 AM
According to her profile Gabby was here on 5/5. The word "Gone" is now below her name

Jim, I hope I am not breaking a rule here but it is relevant to the discussion

After my interview was posted Gabby sent me a very nice PM saying I reminded her of her father. She asked for a "truce" and wanted to stop the fighting between us. I said sure

Things were fine for awhile

Then when Obama's polcies were blowing up in his face and I continue to start threads on those policies gabby reverted back to the old Gabby, I do miss her however.

Her sneer always lights up any room she enters, and she is the boards gentle ray of sunstroke

But with CA running massive defieicts, imposing huge tax increase; gas over $5/gal, and several counties filing for bankruptcy - Gabby may be taking a break from pushing tax and spend polices for awhile

and she may too busy sticking pins in her GWB doll to take time to share her wit and wisdom and remind all of us how much smarter she is then the rest of us

tailfins
05-08-2013, 06:27 AM
You claim you post little. I accept that at face value. However your mouth needs a good washing out as my grandma used to tell kids with a terrible disposition. I offer both quality and quantity. Still you did not fix a thing.

Oh, Magoo, you've done it again! :laugh:

Marcus Aurelius
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM

See cage for my response to this.

Robert A Whit
05-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh, Magoo, you've done it again! :laugh:

I welcome any fan of the old cartoons.

hjmick
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Quality...

http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Kathianne
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Quality...

http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Only in his own assessment.

Voted4Reagan
05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
guys/Gals.... if you engage Robert you only encourage him. Just block him or outright ignore him.

It's easier then running to the cage all day. And it will calm down the board a lot.

just saying....

Kathianne
05-08-2013, 09:07 PM
guys/Gals.... if you engage Robert you only encourage him. Just block him or outright ignore him.

It's easier then running to the cage all day. And it will calm down the board a lot.

just saying....

I hear you. Some of us though are coming back now and again to see if he's actually controlled or gone. Right now it seems like control is being exerted, whether it's from him or from outside I don't know or care. It's just nice to be able to come and read some others.

tailfins
05-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I hear you. Some of us though are coming back now and again to see if he's actually controlled or gone. Right now it seems like control is being exerted, whether it's from him or from outside I don't know or care. It's just nice to be able to come and read some others.

Thou doth protest too much, Methinks. Robert Magoo is like a huge train wreck that you just can't stop looking at. You won't admit it, but if he left you would miss him. There's some button of yours he pushes. I kind of sympathize with him not being able to figure out what button of yours he pushes.

Anton Chigurh
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
You claim you post little. I accept that at face value. However your mouth needs a good washing out as my grandma used to tell kids with a terrible disposition. I offer both quality and quantity. Still you did not fix a thing.You can tell yourself that all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you are by far Jim's #1 creeper and troll.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Thou doth protest too much, Methinks. Robert Magoo is like a huge train wreck that you just can't stop looking at. You won't admit it, but if he left you would miss him. There's some button of yours he pushes. I kind of sympathize with him not being able to figure out what button of yours he pushes.

No man, you just enjoy his irritating her. Honesty counts ..-- Tyr

Kathianne
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
No man, you just enjoy his irritating her. Honesty counts ..-- Tyr

I agree. He wishes he could ascend to Bobby's level of irritant. He fails. ;)

tailfins
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Practice makes perfect!

http://www.cartoonspot.net/looney-tunes/images-looney-tunes/road-runner-A.jpg

tailfins
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM

You see, sweetie, you just proved my point. You consider being an irritant a contest. I will accept my second place status and declare Robert a winner. You too consider him a winner.

hjmick
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
You see, sweetie, you just proved my point. You consider being an irritant a contest. I will accept my second place status and declare Robert a whiner. You too consider him a whiner.

Fixed it...

:coffee:

Kathianne
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Practice makes perfect!

http://www.cartoonspot.net/looney-tunes/images-looney-tunes/road-runner-A.jpg

Bobby doesn't try. There's the rub.

red states rule
05-10-2013, 04:09 AM
It does seem dull without Gabby's drive by posting. She pulls up, stops, winds down the window, sprays the board with some posts, and drives away

Once in awhile she would return and talk about Pres Bush and drive away again

Like Virgil and OCA she had her own unique posting style

aboutime
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
It does seem dull without Gabby's drive by posting. She pulls up, stops, winds down the window, sprays the board with some posts, and drives away

Once in awhile she would return and talk about Pres Bush and drive away again

Like Virgil and OCA she had her own unique posting style

red states rule. Can't say I miss her at all. There are plenty of other Gabby wannabe's floatin' around here.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I for one miss her. At least when she did participate and have fun. I miss another opposing voice, and a woman's voice. She is who she is, like her or not, and the rest can place her on ignore. At least that's how I believe it should be.

Robert A Whit
05-10-2013, 03:33 PM

I rank you in the top three of irritants. Keep trying, perhaps you can take the number one spot.

Robert A Whit
05-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Gabby to me was pleasant.

At her age, one can forgive her being in the Obama camp. If she keeps her eyes open and is willing to change, she can lose those socialist dreams.

I have a harder time forgiving a poster who constantly smears my name to be some name I have never ever used in my entire life.

However, should she behave, I will forgive her in a day or two.

Robert A Whit
05-10-2013, 03:49 PM
You can tell yourself that all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you are by far Jim's #1 creeper and troll.

Funny how you came here and started this only to try to blame me.

Bet Jim paid no attention that you start this once again.

logroller
05-10-2013, 03:54 PM
this message is hidden...
:lol:

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 03:59 PM
:lol:

Ignoring me you dirty fucker? :poke:

I'm closing up shop on this one. I was hoping we could discuss how we respond to one another, and maybe make a positive out of a negative, but it looks like this one is ending up into perhaps more fighting. If Gabby should return, and asks me, I will open this back up to let her reply.