PDA

View Full Version : Against getting involved in Syria

jimnyc
05-02-2013, 08:40 AM
The latest talk is about giving "lethal aid" to the rebels: http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-more-favor-arming-syria-rebels-070147040.html

If we arm them, the odds of having the ammo used for the wrong reasons is very high. And even worse, it wouldn't surprise me if someday they are used against us, our troops or our allies. If we lend support via troops, we'll get blamed for invading another country. We'll get blamed for wanting oil. We'll get blamed endlessly for all kinds of things. The Islamic world has basically freaked out at every little move we have made, at least any move that has us getting "involved" in their business.

How about for once - maybe the larger Islamic nations intervene and help those in Syria? The Islamic nations don't want our side of the world involved in their business - but will they take the next step in helping out Syria? I say let them have what they wish for, us out of their business.

What nations in the region have the ability to assist over there?

CSM
05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Syria is just another situation (in a very long list) where the US needs to keep it's hands, guns, airplanes, etc. to itself. It is another "no win" scenario for the US military. This administration and it's incompetent state department will no doubt want us to get involved anyway. Let the UN send a strongly worded letter of disapproval to whom it may concern and let it go at that.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2013, 09:02 AM
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by our involvement in Syria. And if we arm the rebels they will later use those weapons against us.
Obama and the leftist media is behind pushing this agenda of helping the muslim rebels. Trading the devil we know for a devil we don't know. Except we we do know this new one, take a good look at it in Egypt!! Sharia law and hate America destroy Israel first America second written all over the government there and that muslim government backed by obama the gd traitor!-Tyr

jimnyc
05-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Syria is just another situation (in a very long list) where the US needs to keep it's hands, guns, airplanes, etc. to itself. It is another "no win" scenario for the US military. This administration and it's incompetent state department will no doubt want us to get involved anyway. Let the UN send a strongly worded letter of disapproval to whom it may concern and let it go at that.

I used to be naive (and still a little bit), that it was a good idea to help others in need, even if it weren't a popular decision. But helping innocent people today may lead to US troops or civilians being killed tomorrow. Then add in the costs. Then add in the world attitude towards the USA (which I still don't care too awfully much about). I still think it's a worthwhile thing to do, to save innocent lives. But I also think it would be worthwhile for their own people, and neighbors, and their allies to help them.

And unfortunately, if the body count increases, I don't want to hear a single peep from the Islamic world about us not assisting. One of my buddies has been asking almost daily "why isn't the US getting involved and helping these people before it gets any worse?"

And giving high tech weaponry to "rebels" is something that needs to stop, or not happen. I still can't grasp how an administration can talk endlessly about how handguns and rifles in the wrong hands is such an awful thing - while they are handing out much deadlier weapons, ammo and airplanes/copters to unknown quantities in other countries.

jimnyc
05-02-2013, 09:06 AM
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by our involvement in Syria. And if we arm the rebels they will later use those weapons against us.
Obama and the leftist media is behind pushing this agenda of helping the muslim rebels. Trading the devil we know for a devil we don't know. Except we we do know this new one, take a good look at it in Egypt!! Sharia law and hate America destroy Israel first America second written all over the government there and that muslim government backed by obama the gd traitor!-Tyr

It was just a few short years ago that Syria was considered an extended part of the "Axis of Evil", along with Iraq, Iran, North Korea. There was much discussion of stockpiles of weapons leaving Iraq and ending up in Syria. They were considered to be in bed with the knuckleheads in Iran. Everything about them was bad, bad, bad. And now we are going to send weaponry there, to like you said, unknowns?

CSM
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
I guess we never learn. IMO, the Middle East has always been and always will be a quagmire. The indigenous population is soley focused on destroying themselves and anyone else who dares to venture close. Let them have at it and many centuries from now, when the rest of the planet has moved on to far, far better forms of civilization and modes of living, make the place into a museum of sorts where folks can go and view the primitives. Let no nation send them arms, buy their oil, provide any form of aid what so ever and let us see how it all comes out in the end. Dreams of the great caliphate will soon fade out when they are busy trying to figure out how they are going to get their next meal on an hourly basis.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
It was just a few short years ago that Syria was considered an extended part of the "Axis of Evil", along with Iraq, Iran, North Korea. There was much discussion of stockpiles of weapons leaving Iraq and ending up in Syria. They were considered to be in bed with the knuckleheads in Iran. Everything about them was bad, bad, bad. And now we are going to send weaponry there, to like you said, unknowns?

Syria is just another step into creating the Islamic Caliphate. Before obama finishes his second term we will see what his assistance has brought us over there. The guy works for the muslims. They are my sworn enemies and believe me I know how to deal with enemies. One never ever trusts such people and one must never stop opposing them. 9/11 taught me and I do not ever forget unlike many dumbass asswipes that view 9/11 as ancient history. SUCH GD PEOPLE ARE FFING TRASH IMHO..

SYRIA WILL BE ANOTHER EGYPT IF THE REBELS THERE WIN. OUR NATION WILL HAVE HELPED INSTALL AN EVEN GREATER AND MORE DEDICATED ENEMY!-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-02-2013, 09:43 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/9985183/Libyan-arms-that-went-missing-under-Gaddafi-fuelling-multiple-conflicts.html

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01768/Spencer_60_1768795j.jpg (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/richard-spencer/)
By Richard Spencer (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/richard-spencer/), Middle East Correspondent and agencies

5:41PM BST 10 Apr 2013
<iframe class="bylineSocialButtonTwitter" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.html?show_screen_name=false&show_count=true&screen_name=richardjspencer" style="float: left; height: 21px; width: 155px;"></iframe>

The country's revolutionary authorities were warned of the loss of control of Gaddafi's huge arms stockpiles at the end of the conflict, but the extent to which they had been ferried to insurgencies across the region became clear during recent fighting in Mali.

Then, weapons and explosives believed to be from Libya were used during the capture by al-Qaeda-linked militants of an oil facility in southern Algeria, in which scores of hostages including Britons were killed.

The new report by a special UN security council committee suggests that they have now travelled even further, with Libyan ammunition showing up in the continuing war being waged by al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda offshoot in Somalia.

Libyan weapons are also being seized in Egypt, with most destined for use by Palestinian groups in Gaza but some remaining in the sometimes lawless Sinai peninsula, the report says.

"In the past 12 months, the proliferation of weapons from Libya has continued at a worrying rate and has spread into new territory: West Africa, the Levant and, potentially, even the Horn of Africa," it said.

Obama saw to it that Al Qaeda groups in Libya got those arms, HOW GD STUPID ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?
HE HAS BEEN ARMING OUR ENEMIES ALL ALONG!-Tyr

aboutime
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
The latest talk is about giving "lethal aid" to the rebels: http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-more-favor-arming-syria-rebels-070147040.html

If we arm them, the odds of having the ammo used for the wrong reasons is very high. And even worse, it wouldn't surprise me if someday they are used against us, our troops or our allies. If we lend support via troops, we'll get blamed for invading another country. We'll get blamed for wanting oil. We'll get blamed endlessly for all kinds of things. The Islamic world has basically freaked out at every little move we have made, at least any move that has us getting "involved" in their business.

How about for once - maybe the larger Islamic nations intervene and help those in Syria? The Islamic nations don't want our side of the world involved in their business - but will they take the next step in helping out Syria? I say let them have what they wish for, us out of their business.

What nations in the region have the ability to assist over there?

Jim, and all others. There is no need for us to get involved with Syria. Obama has already...secretly.....provided weapons, and aircraft to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt who....by the way, also support Hamas in Palestine, and coincidentally....the Rebels in Syria.

Obama got a TWO-FOR, and now pretends he doesn't know whether Assad crossed the Imaginary RED LINE.
Problem is. OBAMA is the one holding the RED MAGIC MARKER...who redraws that Imaginary line to suit his own selfish, foolish, and ineptitude toward the Brotherhood.
Obama lies....Remember?
He just wants to get through his second term....pretending he's a good guy until he can leave office and ENJOY being supported by all of us...the rest of his LYING, STINKING, IGNORANT life.