PDA

View Full Version : *Breaking Sweet* Bloomberg Denied 2nd Serving of Pizza

Kathianne
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
:laugh2:

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/05/02/bloomberg-refused-second-slice-of-pizza-at-local-restaurant/

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant May. 02, 2013

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was denied a second slice of pizza today at an Italian eatery in Brooklyn.

The owners of Collegno's Pizzeria say they refused to serve him more than one piece to protest Bloomberg's proposed soda ban,which would limit the portions of soda sold in the city.

Bloomberg was having an informal working lunch with city comptroller John Liu at the time and was enraged by the embarrassing prohibition. The owners would not relent, however, and the pair were forced to decamp to another restaurant to finish their meal.

Witnesses say the situation unfolded when as the two were looking over budget documents, they realized they needed more food than originally ordered.

"Hey, could I get another pepperoni over here?" Bloomberg asked owner Antonio Benito.

"I'm sorry sir," he replied, "we can't do that. You've reached your personal slice limit."

Stop and Tisk Mayor Bloomberg, not accustomed to being challenged, assumed that the owner was joking.

"OK, that's funny," he remarked, "because of the soda thing ... No come on. I'm not kidding. I haven't eaten all morning, just send over another pepperoni."

"I'm sorry sir. We're serious," Benito insisted. "We've decided that eating more than one piece isn't healthy for you, and so we're forbidding you from doing it."

"Look jackass," Bloomberg retorted, his anger boiling, "I fucking skipped breakfast this morning just so I could eat four slices of your pizza. Don't be a schmuck, just get back to the kitchen and bring out some fucking pizza, okay."

"I'm sorry sir, there's nothing I can do," the owner repeated. "Maybe you could go to several restaurants and get one slice at each. At least that way you're walking. You know, burning calories."

Witnesses say a fuming Bloomberg and a bemused Liu did indeed walk down the street to a rival pizzeria , ordered another slice and finished their meeting.

New York's so-called "soda ban" would have limited the size of sweetened beverages served in restaurants to 16 oz (0.5 liters). The plan, backed by Mayor Bloomberg, is currently being held up by a U.S. district court.

Bloomberg has been the mayor of New York City since 2002. Theretofore he was the CEO of Bloomberg LP, the world's leading financial data firm. His personal fortune is estimated at around $27 billion.

hjmick
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
DAMN iT! I wish it were true...

aboutime
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Bloomingidiotberg may be rich. But...it's not nice to fool with relatives of the CORLEONE family business.

Sucks to be Bloomberg these days. His sweetness went out about 16 ounces ago.

Thunderknuckles
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
It's a satirical news site so probably fake but damn I hope this happens to him everywhere he goes!

aboutime
05-02-2013, 05:16 PM
It's a satirical news site so probably fake but damn I hope this happens to him everywhere he goes!

We can dream Thunder. Sometimes just the thought of someone like Bloomingidiot being treated that way is JUST GREAT for a smile.

hjmick
05-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Stole it...

Kathianne
05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
It should be true. ;)

jafar00
05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
What Bloomberg should do is allow huge sodas to be sold, but ban sodas with sugar in them forcing manufacturers to use substitutes. It's a win/win situation. People get their sodas, and their sodas don't make them fat and diabetic.

logroller
05-03-2013, 12:25 AM
What Bloomberg should do is allow huge sodas to be sold, but ban sodas with sugar in them forcing manufacturers to use substitutes. It's a win/win situation. People get their sodas, and their sodas don't make them fat and diabetic.
Or so you might think...

There is some ongoing controversy over whether artificial sweetener usage poses health risks. A study done in 2005 by the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio showed that, rather than promoting weight loss, the use of diet drinks was a marker for increasing weight gain and obesity. Those who consumed diet soda were more likely to gain weight than those who consumed naturally-sweetened soda.[13] Animal studies have convincingly proven that artificial sweeteners cause body weight gain. A sweet taste induces an insulin response, which causes blood sugar to be stored in tissues, but because blood sugar does not increase with artificial sweeteners, there is hypoglycemia and increased food intake. So in the experiment, after a while, rats given artificial sweetener have steadily increased caloric intake, increased body weight, and increased adiposity.[14,15]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3198517/

aboutime
05-03-2013, 02:59 PM

Hey jafar. You forgot to put your mind in gear, before putting your fingers in motion.

If the Huge Sodas are called Soda. It's because they have sugar, or sweeteners in them.
That would be like saying. Call the BEERS BEER without Alcohol. Beer is not beer unless there in Alcohol in it.

And tell us. How many Overweight people eat big meals, and then buy a DIET soda to convince them, the food won't make them fatter?

jafar00
05-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Or so you might think...

It depends on the sweetener used. Sugar alcohols like Maltitol for example create the same Insulin response as regular sugar and are bad news. If Erythritol or Stevia extract was used instead, you don't get the same response from the body.

A backlash against sugar substitutes wouldn't make sense either since as far as I can determine, sodas in the USA are sweetened with that most awful of products, high fructose corn syrup.

I say let people over eat if they want, just make the junk they consume healthier to lessen the impact of gluttony on overall public health.

red states rule
05-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Or so you might think...

I keep forgetting liberal like you and Bloomturd know what is best for everyone. In your eyes the people are too stupid to know what is "bad" for them and what is "good" for them

So it is up to libs like you and Bloomturd to FORCE us to obey by using the nanny state to impose you will on the uniformed masses

I am sure Bloomturd's bans will be as effective on the public health as Obamacare will be

You remember Obamacare are LR don't you? That was another wet dream of the left that is living down to all its expectations

DragonStryk72
05-05-2013, 08:53 AM
It depends on the sweetener used. Sugar alcohols like Maltitol for example create the same Insulin response as regular sugar and are bad news. If Erythritol or Stevia extract was used instead, you don't get the same response from the body.

A backlash against sugar substitutes wouldn't make sense either since as far as I can determine, sodas in the USA are sweetened with that most awful of products, high fructose corn syrup.

I say let people over eat if they want, just make the junk they consume healthier to lessen the impact of gluttony on overall public health.

Actually, you want to know the really asinine part? The ban only operates on restaurants and movie theaters. Now, most restaurants here serve only a single size of soda, that being a pint glass (16 0z.), so they don't get hit at all. So, basically it only hits fast food places, and movie theaters.

Now, why is that asinine? Because 7-11 (Which does operate in NYC) sells that Xtreme Gulp, a 64-oz. mug for soft drinks that gets refills for a buck a hit. Most regular fountain drink users hit the 7-11, or other similar convenience stores, to get their soda, making the bill essentially useless to its stated purpose.

I actually appreciated that even Bill Maher was facepalming about the soda ban, and even brought up how it can give the right backup for whatever they think the left is doing, because whenever someone tries to shoot a theory down as just silly, and not worth mentioning, the right can point at the soda ban, and go, "Really? cause they would never go through and do something that stupid, hm?"

red states rule
05-05-2013, 08:56 AM
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1209/new-york-soda-ban-government-law-stupid-new-york-demotivational-posters-1347565976.jpg

DragonStryk72
05-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I keep forgetting liberal like you and Bloomturd know what is best for everyone. In your eyes the people are too stupid to know what is "bad" for them and what is "good" for them

So it is up to libs like you and Bloomturd to FORCE us to obey by using the nanny state to impose you will on the uniformed masses

I am sure Bloomturd's bans will be as effective on the public health as Obamacare will be

You remember Obamacare are LR don't you? That was another wet dream of the left that is living down to all its expectations

Um... dude, did you just slap down Log for agreeing with you? He was actually lampooning jafar's point about switching over to diet sodas by pointing out that the current science shows that diet sodas can lead to even greater obesity.

I get jafar going after his point, but uh, you might wanna just take on the people who aren't agreeing with you.

red states rule
05-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Um... dude, did you just slap down Log for agreeing with you? He was actually lampooning jafar's point about switching over to diet sodas by pointing out that the current science shows that diet sodas can lead to even greater obesity.

I get jafar going after his point, but uh, you might wanna just take on the people who aren't agreeing with you.

Um... dude, I was referring to Jafar's support of the Bloomturd and LR support for Obamacare

In both cases the government thinks people are too stupid to take care of themselves

DragonStryk72
05-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Um... dude, I was referring to Jafar's support of the Bloomturd and LR support for Obamacare

In both cases the government thinks people are too stupid to take care of themselves

You didn't quote or refer to jafar at all, though, so that's not exactly clear. Also, point of order, your meme, while funny, is inaccurate. 7-11 is in no way effected by the ban, so they can keep right on selling the Big Gulps. Yup, they banned soda, but managed to miss the biggest, cheapest sodas in the country.

red states rule
05-05-2013, 09:09 AM
You didn't quote or refer to jafar at all, though, so that's not exactly clear. Also, point of order, your meme, while funny, is inaccurate. 7-11 is in no way effected by the ban, so they can keep right on selling the Big Gulps. Yup, they banned soda, but managed to miss the biggest, cheapest sodas in the country.

Sorry if I did not make it clear enough for you

However, it is correct both Jafa and LR support different aspects of the Nanny State. How LR can be opposed to a soda ban and yet support Obamacare is a huge contradiction

The Big Gulp pic is correct. As usual liberals think people are too stupid too make their own choices and need liberals to make them for them

DragonStryk72
05-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Sorry if I did not make it clear enough for you

However, it is correct both Jafa and LR support different aspects of the Nanny State. How LR can be opposed to a soda ban and yet support Obamacare is a huge contradiction

The Big Gulp pic is correct. As usual liberals think people are too stupid too make their own choices and need liberals to make them for them

well, people have different lines in the sand. mostly, they don't realize how much government creep there is until something like this snaps them to awareness. The Big Gulp is specific to 7-11, which, being a convenience store, is not effected by the ban, which is even more idiotic.

I mean, at least if they'd done it across the board, you see what they were going for, but no, they created this giant loophole that renders the whole thing useless.

logroller
05-06-2013, 12:34 AM

Show me where I forced the issue of sodas. I just presented a study that showed diet drinks can lead to weight gain. Take or leave it.

Marcus Aurelius
05-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Incorrect.

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/carbs/8/

Foods with similar or identical calories do not stimulate fat-storage equally. As an example, table sugar (sucrose) has the same caloric value as maltitol. When 30 grams of maltitol is given to fasting humans, there is only a slight response in serum glucose and insulin. After sucrose is ingested (in the same group) increases in these parameters are significant.

jafar00
05-08-2013, 01:57 AM

I agree with you to a point. It depends on which sweetener they use to sweeten the soda though as to whether the body is prompted to have an insulin response. Some do and some don't. The ones that do are bad news for weight loss in your typical high carb, low fat diet and for diabetes. Acesulfame Potassium for example which is in Coke Zero can cause a nasty Insulin spike which is obviously not healthy.

Then again there is the old problem of gluttony. Downing a 64oz big gulp (That's like 8 cups!?!) of any soda is bad news for your body no matter which way you take it.

If changing to safer sweeteners or banning stupidly huge drinks doesn't help, would Americans listen to education that teaches moderation? Moderation is the real key here.

red states rule
05-08-2013, 02:32 AM
I agree with you to a point. It depends on which sweetener they use to sweeten the soda though as to whether the body is prompted to have an insulin response. Some do and some don't. The ones that do are bad news for weight loss in your typical high carb, low fat diet and for diabetes. Acesulfame Potassium for example which is in Coke Zero can cause a nasty Insulin spike which is obviously not healthy.

Then again there is the old problem of gluttony. Downing a 64oz big gulp (That's like 8 cups!?!) of any soda is bad news for your body no matter which way you take it.

If changing to safer sweeteners or banning stupidly huge drinks doesn't help, would Americans listen to education that teaches moderation? Moderation is the real key here.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/mebiggulp.jpg

jafar00
05-08-2013, 04:53 AM
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/mebiggulp.jpg

Exactly. Enjoy your diabetes fat ass :p

Marcus Aurelius
05-08-2013, 07:16 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acesulfame_potassium

As for potential negative effects, Acesulfame K has been shown to stimulate dose-dependent insulin secretion in rats, though no hypoglycemia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia) was observed, in one animal study from 1987

http://www.tech-faq.com/acesulfame-potassium.html

In a similar rodent study (http://www.tech-faq.com/acesulfame-potassium.html#), rodents that were given varying amounts of acesulfame potassium had an increase in insulin production. Although more insulin production was observed, the rodents did not show any signs of hypoglycemia (low blood glucose levels) or any significant risk. Doses were extremely excessive compared to what humans would possibly consume in a single day.

One study, from 1987, with insanely excessive amounts ingested, and no hypoglycemia observed.

Marcus Aurelius
05-08-2013, 07:17 AM

his problem, not yours, dumb ass.

red states rule
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM

That should make you very happy. One less infidel in the world

But much to your dismay, I am losing weight, my BP is now under control, and I am loving life

So take your nanny state polices and acupuncture it (stick it)

jafar00
05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
That should make you very happy. One less infidel in the world

But much to your dismay, I am losing weight, my BP is now under control, and I am loving life

So take your nanny state polices and acupuncture it (stick it)

I am also losing weight. Eating a low carb (Keto) diet. Eating less and enjoying my new found energy. My bloodwork came back perfect as of recently too. I also avoid sweet stuff, even diet soda. If I bake a mug cake or muffin (with almond flour, not wheat of course), I use Natvia (Stevia + Erythritol) to sweeten it.

A big gulp is probably not that bad by itself, but when you combine it with a high fat diet, it's a recipe for disaster. Carbs + Fat = Fat Ass.

red states rule
05-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I am also losing weight. Eating a low carb (Keto) diet. Eating less and enjoying my new found energy. My bloodwork came back perfect as of recently too. I also avoid sweet stuff, even diet soda. If I bake a mug cake or muffin (with almond flour, not wheat of course), I use Natvia (Stevia + Erythritol) to sweeten it.

A big gulp is probably not that bad by itself, but when you combine it with a high fat diet, it's a recipe for disaster. Carbs + Fat = Fat Ass.

Fine. Enjoy what you want and let others do the same

aboutime
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM

jafar. What an opportunity you have given us to ask you....in unison.

Does that FINGER in the photo tell us your Real Age, or your IQ????

jimnyc
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Please guys, try to debate the topic and not who can insult who the most. :salute:

red states rule
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
jafar. What an opportunity you have given us to ask you....in unison.

Does that FINGER in the photo tell us your Real Age, or your IQ????

That is the beauty of this community AT

Every poster has the right to be an asshole

But I admit Jafar is really abusing the privilage

aboutime
05-09-2013, 07:36 PM

red states rule. Jafar IS the only member here who always makes me feel like I need another Proctology exam, since I have been avoiding the other one.

Marcus Aurelius
05-09-2013, 07:55 PM

I hope you enjoy the following side effects then...

Dizziness Some users of Stevia have reported dizzy spells, although this doesn’t appear to be a long-term hazard.
Bloating and Nausea Bloating, nausea, and mild gas–more common and not very fun side effects reported by stevia users.
Mild Muscle Pains Other users have reported mild muscle pains, as well.
Numbness Some users have reported numbness, although this is not long-lasting either.
Infertility Some studies have shown that Stevia does, in fact, have a contraceptive effect on the body, although other studies have shown that it does not.
Cancer This is particularly controversial because in one study, Stevia was made into a mutagenic compound, meaning one that causes cancer. However, that study has been criticized for being poorly conducted. Other studies suggest that it does not have any carcinogenic effect on the body.
Interferes with Blood Sugar Studies have shown that Stevia can actually lower blood sugar, which means it should be used with caution by people with diabetes.
Lowers blood pressure Studies also show that Stevia may play a role in lowering blood pressure. People who have low blood pressure already should avoid using the sweetener as a sugar substitute.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 08:02 PM

Jafar, nothing beats honey as a sweetner for health value to the body, no side issues.
Only sweetener I use now, tastes great in iced tea too. Honey nothing artificial about it and the human bodyy is designed to digest it perfectly. Also it has other curative properties. -Tyr

jafar00
05-10-2013, 03:04 AM

Fine. When I try to debate with you in a normal manner, I am being an asshole?

red states rule
05-10-2013, 03:10 AM

I could tell you how you are an asshole Jafar but I have to be at work in less then 3 hours

aboutime
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Cool your heels jafar. You are an asshole all the time. Using the debate idea as an excuse. Just won't work here.

jafar00
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I could tell you how you are an asshole Jafar but I have to be at work in less then 3 hours

Nice to know you love me so much :slap:

Robert A Whit
05-10-2013, 11:13 PM

I am curious.

Has anybody exposed you to freedom yet?

red states rule
05-11-2013, 03:13 AM
If only libs wanted to put government on a diet

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10917720130511120100.jpg

jafar00
05-12-2013, 01:29 AM
I am curious.

Has anybody exposed you to freedom yet?

Yes, but I left that behind in Egypt. :p